• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

That Demo Derby was recoded mid-November. It was unleashed due to an emergency no-content situation. Episodes of MGS were recorded after that was recorder, and they will returns before new episodes of Demo Derby return. You cannot stop MGS. You cannot!

Drew getting spoiled on the game during GOTY casts would put a stop to it. :p

I wonder if they just get Drew to walk out every time they want to talk about MGSV.

Drew should have just marathoned the whole game.

It's looking like The Order outsold Rise Of The Tomb Raider this year. That shit's cray.

They should have released earlier in the year like the previous game did instead of going head to head to Fallout 4.

Also Square Enix was disappointed with the first game after it did 3.4 million sales in the first month. I wonder how they feel about this one.

So which Batman Arkham game is worth playing first? I've got all of them in my library, should I just go from the beginning?

All of them are very good games, just go in order. The only problem is burning out on them when you don't have a two year gap between playing them.

Who is getting in on that hot Devil's Third action via the eshop tonight or buying it tomorrow
829099266.gif

The multiplayer is going to be free on PC or something, right? Going to wait for that.

danm999

Also Square Enix was disappointed with the first game after it did 3.4 million sales in the first month. I wonder how they feel about this one.

'Twas of the era where Square was setting crazy sales goals for Tomb Raider and Hitman because the Japanese side of their business was tanking.

You would hope the business made sense on Square's end for whatever Microsoft gave them and that Microsoft just wanted another exclusive to move consoles holiday 2015.

After the way Square threw the first game under the bus for not meeting expectations I get why they where up for the deal.

I just hope Crystal Dynamics come out of it ok. SE didnt seem happy with the first game and if the 2nd is performing as bad as it seems thats not good.

So which Batman Arkham game is worth playing first? I've got all of them in my library, should I just go from the beginning?

Yes.

Asylum and City are both amazing games.

Still havent touched Knight. Waiting for a complete edition since it seemed like they where selling so damn much DLC but it seems it was mostly trash so I might just see if its on sale for cheap one of these days.

Jintor

Yeah, I think Asylum is the most pure. They're all worth playing though imho, even Origin and Knight, if just to hear Mark Hamil freaking be Mark Hamil for hours on end (and T.Baker does a pretty okay Mark Hamil. That's him in origin right? I can't recall.)

Never played Origins actually.

Might pick that one up next steam sale. I nearly taught it last time but I think I baught Dishonored GOTY edition and I still havent even installed that.

Still havent touched Knight. Waiting for a complete edition since it seemed like they where selling so damn much DLC but it seems it was mostly trash so I might just see if its on sale for cheap one of these days.

Should've been around to pick it and the season pass up for $17 during that price error on Black Friday.

danm999

After the way Square threw the first game under the bus for not meeting expectations I get why they where up for the deal.

I just hope Crystal Dynamics come out of it ok. SE didnt seem happy with the first game and if the 2nd is performing as bad as it seems thats not good.

Gotta imagine they at least wait until next year before their fate is decided. The first Tomb Raider was a slow burn to get where they wanted it sales wise.

I feel like I remember reading that they said they were happy with how RotTR was doing, but I'm not entirely sure.

Beastcast, two Quick Looks, Playdate and UPF today. Sounds like a great start for my weekend.

You should play some Bomberman.

Can't now, someone in the chat reminded me of DEFCON: Everybody Dies, a game I've owned for years but never actually played. Gonna get some friends into it and learn it and finally experience the joy I read about so many years ago on the penny arcade forums.

Edit: i've heard that act zero is a modern masterpiece of gaming, it's definitely on my must play list.

repeater

Happy Beastday everybody!

Also.. Unprofessional Saturdays is a thing now? o_O

EDIT: OK, so maybe that's just for us Europeans? Figures, Jeff hates us after all.

Looking at the release schedule, no wonder.

Tomb Raider released the same day as Fallout 4, in a window near Halo 5, Star Wars Battlefront and Black Ops 3.

The Order came out in February.

This is still insane to me. It's like they handpicked the worst possible date.

Jothel

catching up on the bombcast with the synthetic weed - I'll tell my story about my experience from a few years ago if anyone's interested

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Happy Beastday everybody!

Also.. Unprofessional Saturdays is a thing now? o_O

EDIT: OK, so maybe that's just for us Europeans? Figures, Jeff hates us after all.

It's on at the normal time for me

Myggen

"LIVE SHOW ON DEC 12, 2015 12:00 AM" for me here in Sweden.
But then again, it's usually on at 11 PM on Fridays here, so the unexciting conclusion is just that they're just starting an hour late.. :/

No, it's usually on 12:00 AM here in Norway, so unless Sweden has changed timezone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom