• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Is Patrick going to beat this level or kidnap someone's kid?"

That level is worth it for this video alone. Also, put me in the camp that loves Face/Off. It's big, loud and dumb in all the right ways.

54d3d4cce6f55_-_tumblr_llhctdm0ju1qje621o1_500.gif

Dineren

Banned
I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get to see his reaction when he finally figured it out, but I'm looking forward to seeing him break on the rest of the level.

Man, Austin didn't mention the Dragon Quest stuff in his new story. This is almost as annoying as Alex(?) missing the X announcement in 2013. Stop forgetting the best thing!

Side note: Why would you make a rum with such a low proof, Bacardi? 70? Really? That's it? 90+ or bust!

So do you think the guys will play Xenoblade Chronicles X? Excuse me while I die from laughter for suggesting such a thing.

I guess Austin said he might play it because he likes mechs.

So do you think the guys will play Xenoblade Chronicles X? Excuse me while I die from laughter for suggesting such a thing.

lmao

You're right in that Austin would be the only person who probably would, but he ain't got the time to put in to actually get the mechs.

I think my playable character has somehow gotten the properties of a companion in Fallout. When I die in third person, my character just kinda sits down like the companions do when they reach zero hp, and then just jumps back up after a few seconds. This is the most Bethesda thing that has happened to me in a Bethesda game.

yami4ct

The Yo-Kai watch Quick Look almost sold me on the game. Looks super charming and clever. We'll see how I'm feeling once I get through Trails in the Sky SC. Might end up grabbing that.

Given what I've heard about the game, it's unlikely it'd be a GOTY contender even if the crew were JRPG fans. Sounds like the opposite of the Xenoblade sequel most fans wanted.

remember when one of the mcelroys couldn't find a giant red x on the map in nier so they refused to review the game

what the fuck was that shit

That's the first video I've watched of theirs. The content was decent but man the actual commentary was.. not good. This feels like a markiplier or pewdiepie kind of screaming at the camera video.

You guys are doing me a personal service by making people forget the silly things I say from time to time.

You guys are doing me a personal service by making people forget the silly things I say from time to time.
What do you mean? The tone in that video feels like the polar opposite of that found in GB videos. I mean if you like the screaming in your face humor of AVGN, Red Letter Media, and Markiplier then I suppose that stuff would be right up your alley. Again, the actual content of the video was funny to me but the shrieking and yelling wasn't. To each his or her own though.

yami4ct

What do you mean? The tone in that video feels like the polar opposite of that found in GB videos. I mean if you like the screaming in your face humor of AVGN, Red Letter Media, and Markiplier then I suppose that stuff would be right up your alley. Again, the actual content of the video was funny to me but the shrieking and yelling wasn't. To each his or her own though.

I don't think the McElroys are like those guys at all, but to each their own. I absolutely hate the typical LP style of the youtubers you've mentioned, but I think the McElroys are some the funniest guys out there.

Not going to lie, their Monster Factory stuff doesn't do it for me for some reason. Things I Bought at Sheetz is GOAT territory.

yami4ct

They've started doing touring for their podcasts and Justin went from Managing Editor to Editor at Large for Polygon, I wouldn't be shocked if they just dumped the video game stuff some day

They deserve better than Polygon. I wouldn't want to see them leave games completely, Griffon has really interesting tastes and Justin's Sherlock Holmes bits are astounding, but they are such wasted talent at that place. Actually, Polygon is probably the king of wasted talent right now.

Joeku

Most of RLM's humour comes from either genuinely funny observations about movies or the editing of their shows; occasionally even-keeled acted shenanigans which are intentionally bad (and if I have any problem with RLM it's that that can only go so far). Only point I can think of where the rage was explicitly the entertainment was the end The Order 1866, and that's because Rich was blowing out the mics from his shouting.

They're the guys who did the Star Wars prequel reviews, right? The ones that pretended to be done by a serial killer because apparently that's funny?

Yes. Even in that the best jokes were the ways in which he made fun of Lucas. The serial killer stuff is a silly plot throughline to get people to sit though a 90-minute long movie review. It's not really shouty and could never maintain that energy considering how long it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom