• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta love Lang.

Geoff
sCL5hJu.png

a-ha fair enough, it's on sale on PSN at the mo and was debating it

Its not terrible. Perfectly survivable but totally forgettable.

It takes a few things from Souls but its easier and shorter then a Souls game with a much more generic setting. I would say the combat is Souls mixed with a few bits of Zelda or Darksiders but lacking in polish.

Its hard not to describe everything in the game as "kind of like Dark Souls but...". On the plus side I dont think it had messages and invaders but I dont remember.

I'd give it 3 stars.

Funky Barn is a 8.9 on the old gamespot scale confirmed!

def sim

What's GAFs thoughts on Lords of the Fallen?

The combat isn't as good as it might initially seem. The intro has a boss fight that is reminiscent of a souls game but, further on, most enemies have large shields you only have to smash through to win. Forget invincibility frames, spacing, or thinking about hit boxes.

It's boring.

Herbs

Banned
Its not a exploit but it sure as heck is a dirty trick.

That being said it is only the tip of the fuckery in this level.

ooohhh, can't wait. I get torn on watching the making of the level but for now I'm just experiencing it with Patrick. More fun that way but I now look forward to seeing him advance.

repeater

a-ha fair enough, it's on sale on PSN at the mo and was debating it
I'm not super sensitive or cognizant of framerate, stuttering and general performance issues, but when I borrowed the PS4 version I found it unbearable in these respects. It was just a strain on the eyes and brain to follow the action, so I returned it after about an hour. Maybe the gameplay is sound, I couldn't tell, and I hear the PC version is much better technically, but maybe check out some videos of the PS4 version and see if you think you could deal with that?

lol, that's amazing. Hey well, that kind of publicity is great!

Who are these baby looking fellas?

tkgnbVB.png

Man, they look too baby, especially Dan. Probably because I'm used to seeing him with a beard or even a light one at least.

What's GAFs thoughts on Lords of the Fallen?

Never got around to finish it but I will before the year ends. It's an alright game, feels like a Dark Souls lite.

So I found this at my local game shop and just had to give it a go.

un8ga5O

Man that game is fun. Somebody should get Lang on the phone about a HD remake.

LiK

so I'm almost done with BLOPS3 and the campaign has been pretty fun and a great mindfuck. I don't recall them digging deep into it on the Bombcast. did they talk about it and for which episode? kinda curious what Dan thinks about it.

so I'm almost done with BLOPS3 and the campaign has been pretty fun and a great mindfuck. I don't recall them digging deep into it on the Bombcast. did they talk about it and for which episode? kinda curious what Dan thinks about it.

Jeff alluded to how weird it gets in the BLOPS The Third QL, but did not go any deeper because he is not Brad and still love humanity. I feel Jeff wants to talk about it more, but might just wait until GOTY so he can do a deep dive on that craziness. Then Myggen can take it, put it on Youtube and preserve it forever until the EMP hits us all.

LiK

Jeff alluded to how weird it gets in the BLOPS The Third QL, but did not go any deeper because he is not Brad and still love humanity. I feel Jeff wants to talk about it more, but might just wait until GOTY so he can do a deep dive on that craziness. Then Myggen can take it, put it on Youtube and preserve it forever until the EMP hits us all.

ok, yea, I want them to talk about it to some extent. the campaign is pretty insane and really well presented. Halo 5's campaign is super mediocre in comparison to it.

Does anyone else think Linkle could be playable in the NX Zelda game?

Linkel was rejected content from the original release of Hyrule Warriors, that presumably someone didn't want it the game at that point. She is likely only getting in the game now as a lot of the work was already done - concept art was shown in a artbook from 2014 - and they did not have to start from ground up to design a new character. She seems to be wholly a Koei Tecmo creation, although Nintendo obviously gave the okay to add her into Hyrule Warriors.

So the answer would be no.

They think it's alright, Jeff thinks last year's game was better. BLOPS3 reminded him of Ghosts in a way that what they did doesn't feel as fresh or better as the changes they did when Advanced Warfare dropped. Dan feels like there aren't many big set piece COD moment but it seems to be focused more on big areas to fight in. In the end, they both think it's just alright.

I didn't play the game yet and probably won't in quite a while as I'm not feeling it at the moment plus I stopped with the MP ever since BLOPS2. Talk starts at 1:37:00.

Giant Bombcast 11/10/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom