• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
the PC PSX games were great too because there was some serious mod support. people put the PSX music back in and they also let you replace the awful low poly models with better models from the game.

And if you passed on FFVIII then you missed out on the best card game on the PC until gwent and hearthstone came out

And XII was one of the best games released on the PS2.

I missed out on that one. It's on my bucket list but there's always been a reason to pass: first, it came out late in the PS2's cycle so I didn't have a means to play it as I had moved on, then it was that my BC 60 gig PS3 bit the dust, then it was that an HD release was coming soon maybe.

I'm a bad person

To counter, 10 was all the way mediocre, 8 was straight up garbage, and I never held any particularly high regard for the SNES games. I won't say they're bad, I only liked a few RPGs on the console. They just weren't among them.

Having played 10 again when the HD remaster was released, i would agree with you to an extent. FFX was good/great on release but it hasn't held up well at all. I actually enjoyed FFX-2 more. I just wanted to punch Tidus in the face and his being shipped with Yuna seemed really forced

8 had really good systems in place that were easily exploitable if you knew what you were doing but i still enjoyed it. It was the weakest of the 3 PSX games but still better than like 90% of the JRPGs that hit on the PSX.

And you just have bad taste if you didn't love FF4 and FF6 lol

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
FF4-FF10 were all incredibly solid RPGs, some better than others but none of them were actually bad games. I'll grant you some of the side stuff isn't so hot but I'm speaking solely about the main series

some of you folks, you just dont know

To counter, 10 was all the way mediocre, 8 was straight up garbage, and I never held any particularly high regard for the SNES games. I won't say they're bad, I only liked a few RPGs on the console. They just weren't among them.

Xater

Also now that we know basically all about Far Cry Primal, what are the chances the Ghost Recon Wildlands will also disappoint? It just smells like the next Ubi game that impresses with it's first appearance and then slowly turns into the same old shit.

Also now that we know basically all about Far Cry Primal, what are the chances the Ghost Recon Wildlands will also disappoint? It just smells like the next Ubi game that impresses with it's first appearance and then slowly turns into the same old shit.

I'm not excited for Primal since I feel burnt out on FC games. I do however have an open mind towards The Division and Ghost Recon, we'll see how that goes.

I think many people including Giantbomb's Dan Ryckert have shit on Battlefront for its dearth of content/progression.

Nice post though, I might check out the game when it has filled out a bit more and is cheaper.

Well, I still feel it got abit more free pass since it's SW. That's how I feel anyways or lets say it's recommended easily for players which I get because it's hectic arcad-y fun. I'd definitely recommend R6 if you can find it cheaper and I feel playing the game with one or two friends at the very least enhances the experience significantly.

Xater

Holy shit a Bombastica is coming to Mario is Missing. I had that piece of shit game. I can't stretch enough how much of a disappointment that game was.

LiK

Holy shit a Bombastica is coming to Mario is Missing. I had that piece of shit game. I can't stretch enough how much of a disappointment that game was.

you missed my post earlier in this thread. I bought it as a kid and beat it. man, I was sad what it really was.

At the end of the Beastcast Vinny mentioned that he doesn't know what the GOTY videos are gonna look like yet. Guess they must not be doing much this year.

R6 QL is Vinny/Austin, so you won't be able to blame it on Jeff when they shit on it.

Why do people have the idea of "blaming"? IF they are saying something that is incorrect because they haven't played that much of it wouldn't someone want to correct them on the information? Personally, I'm fine with anybody shitting on any game as long as I am enjoying the game then that's the important part but when you do so, at the very least know what you're talking about first.

My guess is they probably played it alot more than Jeff so that's great. I'm currently listening to the Beastcast which from what's written is that they go deep in Siege so that's awesome.

popo

Why do people have the idea of "blaming"? IF they are saying something that is incorrect because they haven't played that much of it wouldn't someone want to correct them on the information? Personally, I'm fine with anybody shitting on any game as long as I am enjoying the game then that's the important part but when you do so, at the very least know what you're talking about first.

My guess is they probably played it alot more than Jeff so that's great. I'm currently listening to the Beastcast which from what's written is that they go deep in Siege so that's awesome.

The "old and cynical Jeff hates everything" response is hardly new on here.

The "old and cynical Jeff hates everything" response is hardly new on here.

I've been following Jeff and crew ever since The Hotspot and On The Spot days so you won't see that from me that's for sure. However, Jeff didn't play as much of R6 so when he talked about it, he talked about it in a very limited manner. Having said that, he himself said he didn't play much of it so, yeah.

Genesis and PS1 are different generations so i dunno, buddy. Did you at least play a Phantasy Star?

I'm trying to work with you here

I know they are. I should paraphrase that I played a Genesis at a friends house back in the day before the release of the PS1. When PS1 released I got it abit later packed in was this Interactive Sampler pack volume 3.

No I didn't play Phantasy Star, I never was into JRPG's to be honest. I disliked turn based games and only loved them when it camesto Pokemon because I felt it made sense to give orders to your monster pet lol.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Wild. You post about disagreeing with Jeff on a game and you're the defense force/apologist all of a sudden. I could as easily claim y'all are just haters or the Jeff Defense Force. But no, let's just set up some strawmen about a "Ubisoft defense force" (wtf even, that never... whatever) and how it's the same old "Jeff hates games" argument (that no one here put forth wrt Siege, I just said it's not his type of game).

Lotta bad faith argumentation is what I'm seeing.

Nah, there's this weird thing going on this year in particular.

Evolve, BattleFront, RB6 Seige: All super thin, overwhelmingly mediocre, multiplayer-only FPS, all for $60, all nestled in the 70s on Metacritic, and all with ridiculous fanbases that will brook no dissent about how awesome these cardboard-standees of games are.

It's hard not to get kinda weary of it.

Like, how am I supposed to argue with this? The well is poisoned. You're posting your opinion as if it's fact and metacritic as if it's 100% proof and not argumentum ad populum. No one is "brooking no dissent", but the hate you're throwing around is 10 times more intense than anything anyone else was saying. I'm a ridiculous fanboy for daring to say I like a game and I think it deserves more credit than it gets from some corners because it's appealing to a very specific niche. That's all. I'm a reasonable guy, Death Metalist is a reasonable guy, everyone in this thread has been civil and reasonable... except the people who have NO CHILL accusing us of being fanboy apologist defense force. C'mon, y'all.

YouTube is a better friend than Death Metalist.

crying-waterfalls.gif

Edit: Lmao, 9 minutes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom