• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not watching the LiS videos, but I'm really curious how they'll react to the game as a whole once finished.
Rainbow Six Siege has sold around 80-100K on steam at full price which is pretty good given it's a uplay game that can be had for much cheaper via that route. It got generally good reviews as well(78 on pc, and 74 on consoles) so I'm not sure why so many people in here are acting like it's generally thought of as mediocre.

Come on, y'know how scoring in video games works: 70's are average (not mediocre, which is 60's), while 50's are unplayable. It's how the system works.

50 points are awarded just for participation.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
A lot of people are very reasonable and level-headed until somebody picks on their game. Then suddenly it's a different story.
Driveclub? Fine. R6? Fine.

The Witcher 3, though? How dare they dismiss it, the heathens.

...Maybe you're onto something.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Speaking of Devil's Third

Jeffler said:
Any chance we'll get some Devil's Third on UPF? The world needs to know!

Nope, none. That game has “Giant Bomb East” written all over it.

Damn. Vinny and his "clip-on tie" can sit in a corner and cry, that is the worst thing anybody could ever say about GBEAST.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations is 80 on metacritic. It must not be mediocre.

It's actually fairly enjoyable. It's definitely the weakest of the 3 Ezio games and it shouldn't have been full priced but I really liked it. They did some set piece uncharted stuff in the game and there are mechanics in it that never were used again in the series, a shitty thing because they actually wouldve made the series more tolerable

I'll fight anyone here that says bad things about Xenosaga

they're the worst of the xeno lineage.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There was a time I was really hyped about that Patriots game and would have rather seen that than Siege. Even though I figure they would handle the subject matter TERRIBLY. I thought some of the urban terrorism stuff they were talking about sounded cool for setpiece material.

It's just weird how many posts in this thread label people who have different opinions than part of the crew and mention it in the context of it getting brought on the site get labelled Ubisoft apologists, fanboys, or whatever. Oh well.

This. Especially since I don't care if GB or other people shit on any game that I love because as long as I'm enjoying it then that's all that matters in the end. Heck, I enjoy listening to their negative opinions and such but if it's misinformation then the people who have knowledge about said thing should inform them so they know even if it won't change their opinion on said game. That's where I am coming from atleast.

I feel like Austin was downplaying the destructibility in spots, there's that bit where he finally decides to poke through an unmarked wall and it works but then they ignore it and have a conversation about it being limited.

I feel like Austin was downplaying the destructibility in spots, there's that bit where he finally decides to poke through an unmarked wall and it works but then they ignore it and have a conversation about it being limited.

Yeah, I noticed that too. It's mostly all wooden walls that get destroyed however some look painfully obvious they are while others are a "OH I DIDN'T KNOW THIS WALL WAS DESTRUCTIBLE TOO" So, of course the more you play, the more you'll find things. You can't blame them though, it's a quick look so it is what it is but as Alex said, more of that is awesome and there is more of that. Mostly are map dependent of course, Night and Day time also are different even if they are on the same map.

I think it's totally fine when people adamantly defend the crappy games they like.

I guess you could say I'm...

...an apologist apologist.

jo6x9RO.gif

popo

Yo let me be Fuse bro. I know you gots another class dawg!

Yo we would have had that if you had let me be Fuse bro. I aint even angry but yus sayin bro.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
God i wish i was home watching this SF4 live stream :(

It's just attract mode repeating

edit: Stealth edit caught by the quote. Is there an actual difference between demo and attract mode? Attract mode sounds more arcadey, so I gave it to SF. Also it's a cut scene and not actual gameplay, so even if that's not a real difference it's where I draw the line.

In the latest Gaming Minute Jeff jokingly said the complete FF7 Remake might not be done until 2020.

I think thats optimistic.

My prediction on that. Its 3 games. 2-3 years between game and the 3rd will be on next-next gen, the 2nd will be cross gen. And the first game wont be out until 2018.

I've already taken a final that destroyed most of my soul and now I just want to watch these sad hipster teens obliterate what is left of it

Doop

I like the game a lot but that's super jarring yeah. I can't really play it for long sessions, though it's a little better when you just focus on the character or enemy shots.

The game has a screenshake slider, thankfully. I keep it down to around 20-30%. I think I remember vlambeer posting a gif on twitter of moving the screenshake slider past 100%, which is pretty cool.

I'm probably late to the party but watched the Siege QL and Austin breaking the game with his grapple was hilarious. Vinny's chaos magic is rubbing off on him.

did they finish episode 4 of LiS?

No, they got about 1/3rd through or so. Minor spoiler:
They're about to try to search Nathan's room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom