• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearPawB

Banned
So what is the communities opinon on Starcraft 2.

I was never into the multiplayer because I suck, but the campaigns are usually a good time.

But in the time I was also super into Starcraft as an e-sport. And I am not at all now.
So I am curious about how it is resonating with those that still give a shit.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So what is the communities opinon on Starcraft 2.

I was never into the multiplayer because I suck, but the campaigns are usually a good time.

But in the time I was also super into Starcraft as an e-sport. And I am not at all.
So I am curious about how it is resonating with those that still give a shit.

On the campaign or the current e-sport status of it?

hamchan

SC2 Campaign: Fun time with some good levels but the current story is in the toilet with how bad it is.

SC2 Multiplayer: Felt like LoL and Dota stole a lot of the attention away from it. It used to be the top esport but now it feels like it's only for a niche crowd as everyone else watches MOBAs or CS:GO in pretty huge numbers.

I used to be super into SC2 for a couple of years there. Watching GSL, MLG was so good, it was so hype. I think it started dying down pre-Heart of the Swarm and then that game didn't make as big a splash as I thought it would.

Here we are in November 2015 and I didn't even realize SC2's last expansion was coming out. I feel no hype for it at all.

BearPawB

Banned
On the campaign or the current e-sport status of it?

Both?

the die hards always seemed to hate the campaign, but i always find it enjoyable. And am somewhat somehow interested in seeing how the story plays out.

and are people getting back into it? Can we expect a brief Starcraft esports resurgence?

Listening to the bombcast and hearing Brad talk about Rise of the Tomb Raider makes me really want to like that game but I found the first hour or so to be kind of bad. I pushed past the intro and it started to pick up so hopefully it grabs me.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Both?

the die hards always seemed to hate the campaign, but i always find it enjoyable. And am somewhat somehow interested in seeing how the story plays out.

and are people getting back into it? Can we expect a brief Starcraft esports resurgence?

I like the campaign, don't care that much about the story but I like the campaign missions.

Wow, Jeff not even being nominated for The Game Awards. But then again, the category this year is "Trending Gamer." Which I guess implies a bunch of nobodies who have made a name for themselves over the past year, like Greg Miller.

Teddified

It's too bad that Youtuber guy Patrick didn't get nominated.

Also since Just Cause comes out so late it kinda gets screwed for those awards.

Same with Xenoblade.

Not that it was gonna win RPG of the year when the Witcher and Bloodborne are there, but still.

Trails in the Sky getting ignored for Undertale is a travesty tho.

Listening to the bombcast and hearing Brad talk about Rise of the Tomb Raider makes me really want to like that game but I found the first hour or so to be kind of bad. I pushed past the intro and it started to pick up so hopefully it grabs me.

Man, it's the kind of game that gets better and better the more you progress because the amount of options and how much the game opens up is fuck tons alot more than the first hour.

Also lol at Markiplier and Pewdiepie being nominated. Jeff already is nominated and won in my heart, who cares about the rest. Atleast Greg Miller is on there which is pretty alright, like it's the least I could expect they could do then just fill it up with annoying "Youtubers". I'm sure Jeff doesn't even give a fuck but that's my thoughts on it.

hamchan

It could get a trailer at these awards, which is all they really care about anyways. Judging from last year it's just a big advertisement show where they give the big stage to developers to market their game while the actual awards are given off to the side with not much fanfare.

Man, it's the kind of game that gets better and better the more you progress because the amount of options and how much the game opens up is fuck tons alot more than the first hour.
The main issue for me was that the first hour or two was basically a rehash of the 2013 game for the most part. Once it moved past that I started to enjoy it more but that intro really put me off.

hamchan

Also lol at Markiplier and Pewdiepie being nominated. Jeff already is nominated and won in my heart, who cares about the rest. Atleast Greg Miller is on there which is pretty alright, like it's the least I could expect I could do then just fill it up with annoying "Youtubers". I'm sure Jeff doesn't even give a fuck but that's my thoughts on it.

I wonder if Jeff isn't nominated because they know Jeff would just be snarky about the nomination and not give a shit like last year. Everyone nominated right now all seem like sorta attention whores, who would actually revel at winning this stupid thing.

I wonder if Jeff isn't nominated because they know Jeff would just be snarky about the nomination and not give a shit like last year. Everyone nominated right now all seem like sorta attention whores, who would actually revel at winning this stupid thing.

It probably is if anyone knows Jeff which I'm sure most do, haha.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dont try and summon JaseC

...are you seriously insinuating that I'm some sort of closet pedo with a history of randomly appearing in threads wherein people have posted gifs of kids? If so, that's exceedingly offensive and utterly uncalled for, especially considering we've never had any sort of run-in.

strafer

...are you seriously insinuating that I'm some sort of closet pedo with a history of randomly appearing in threads wherein people have posted gifs of kids? If so, that's exceedingly offensive and utterly uncalled for, especially considering we've never had any sort of run-in.

uh..what the fuck? That's not at all what I meant with that. Holy shit.

524b90d31605fb5d6400004e.gif

Real Hero

this is some scary projection right here....

popo

Patrick doesn't even update his tumblr anymore, he is trending down if anything. Also, nobody cares about those awards.

qzhTpoS.gif

JaseC

uh..what the fuck? That's not at all what I meant with that. Holy shit.

Glad to hear it. To answer your question, I was initially completely perplexed as to why you'd mention my name and the only conclusion I could come to was that it was in reference to the gif of a young CGM (it's late and I can't be bothered typing her full name -- and, yes, I realise that this sentence has taken up more of my time) and my nowhere-near-as-long-as-some-seem-to-think history of using Saoirse avatars.

this is some scary projection right here....

No, not really. In addition to the above, I recently had to repeatedly ask a specific user to stop harassing me, who posted in his own little community thread a twisted version of events that not-so-subtly insinuated I was some sort of tremendous creep, which was quickly followed by this thread.

I apologise for the misunderstanding, but from my perspective -- which, admittedly, is coloured somewhat by recent events -- the random call out seemed to be nefarious in nature (which is why I asked rather than accused).

strafer

Glad to hear it. To answer your question, I was initially completely perplexed as to why you'd mention my name and the only conclusion I could come to was that it was in reference to the gif of a young CGM (it's late and I can't be bothered typing her full name -- and, yes, I realise that this sentence has taken up more of my time) and my nowhere-near-as-long-as-some-seem-to-think history of using Saoirse avatars.

I'm honestly surprised that you think I would do something like that. Somewhat sad and angry at the same time.

JaseC

I'm honestly surprised that you think I would do something like that. Somewhat sad and angry at the same time.

I did search the aforementioned thread to see if your contribution (if any) could offer some insight into your intentions, but a joke about why there's no thread for Evangeline Lilly didn't give me anything to go on, really, so I went with what I'd pieced together. I apologise if I've offended you.

No, not really. In addition to the above, I recently had to repeatedly ask a specific user to stop harassing me, who posted in his own little community thread a twisted version of events that not-so-subtly insinuated I was some sort of tremendous creep, which was quickly followed by this thread.
That sounds shitty, no wonder you would be a bit on edge about any comment that might come across this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom