• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ideal end to the Patrick versus Dan beef.

Two 24 hour streams.

Dan has 24 hours to design and beat a level from scratch.
Patrick has 24 hours to beat it.

But then I guess Patrick would still be at a disadvantage because Dan can prototype and mess around with ideas before hand where as Patrick has to go in blind no mater what.

Megasoum

Banned
lol at Vinny trying to orbit at sub-orbital altitudes

what could possibly go wrong!

Yeah... Project BEAST continue to be both amazing and terrible to watch lol.

It's entertaining for sure but it's so frustrating to watch for someone who's been playing KSP since 2011 lol.

bzZOLPR.png

*Tunes in
♪ Feeling good right now, I just found something. ♫
*Tunes out

Yeah... Project BEAST continue to be both amazing and terrible to watch lol.

It's entertaining for sure but it's so frustrating to watch for someone who's been playing KSP since 2011 lol.

I'd be frustrated if the game didn't make for such amazing failures. However, I think he forgot how to orbit somewhere between these episodes, which is...something

chrixter

It's the worst. It took me over eight hours to upload the fucking thing. I was almost delirious and half-asleep near the end, but now I feel insanely wired now that I've beat it. Can't wait to see how long it takes people to beat it, and I pray that there are no exploits. I never want to play that level again.

6AAB-0000-011A-36E8 if anyone is interested.
Figured out the progression (so many misdirections), but yeah, doubt I have the patience to execute everything in a single run to beat it. Did you intend for players to have to go through that hellish room with Bowser to get a POW block? Because (possible exploit)
that area can be avoided entirely since no POW blocks are necessary to complete the level. There's that one particular pipe that you can reach either by running and jumping off a POW block, by stacking two P-switches and jumping off of that, or by jumping off a red koopa shell. I'm thinking the POW blocks might just be one big misdirection, though.

Lelcar

Im here to tell you guys food poisoning is the fucking worst. Ughhhhhhb

Yeah, it really is. I last had food poisoning two years ago and the pain only lasted 24 hours, but it was the worst most excruciating pain ever. It's the longest 24 hours too because you literally can't do anything, you can't even keep food or drink down or walk around. It's the kind of pain that makes you think crazy thoughts about life and death. Food poisoning is rough.

But equally as crazy, the next morning there's no painful after effects, it's just completely gone. Well, besides being really hungry and thirsty.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The actually real problem with BL2 is that the loot isn't very good.

I would be excited for BL3 if they promise to remove every one of those stupid guns with the bouncy exploding shots.

Those guns were literally the only thing that kept me going for the 6 or so hours I lasted in Borderlands 2. My biggest problem was that the classes didn't have any differentiation until near the end game and who the fuck wants to keep playing Borderlands after the endgame?

I am super close to the end of BL2 but for whatever reason I lost interest and never returned to it. Debated getting the Handsome collection when it was cheap but those are big games and I cant be bothered.

Same thing happened with Dark Souls 2 earlier in the year. Just lost steam at the 90% mark and never did the final push.

Yeah, it really is. I last had food poisoning two years ago and the pain only lasted 24 hours, but it was the worst most excruciating pain ever. It's the longest 24 hours too because you literally can't do anything, you can't even keep food or drink down or walk around. It's the kind of pain that makes you think crazy thoughts about life and death. Food poisoning is rough.

But equally as crazy, the next morning there's no painful after effects, it's just completely gone. Well, besides being really hungry and thirsty.

My poisioning started last night. Here I am, cuddled in my bed, hoping I dont crap my pa ts

I think Vinny loves an opportunity to use his Video editing skills and add a bit of production values when he can. I like what he's doing with this series.

Zaph

Did they mention a date for GOTY stuff on the last podcast? I saw it in the timestamps posted by someone but never got to that part.

Same as always - week between Christmas Day and New Year's. On the Beastcast Vinny mentioned they still don't know what form the videos will take due to SF's studio move.

Star Trek 6 kind of is a submarine movie. It has a bit of the Hunt for Red October in it because they are searching for a Klingon Bird of Prey that can fire while cloaked. It has similarly exciting climax when they find and destroy it. It also is centered around Klingon/Federation relations, which gives it those USSR/US Cold War vibes. I actually love that movie.

Dineren

Banned
Patrick should never play Dan's level. That would really annoy Dan.

I have to imagine it's going to happen eventually. Surely Patrick won't damn himself to a lifetime of endless Dan made Mario Maker levels. Although I imagine it drives a decent amount of traffic to his streams.

Zaph

http://teamgfbradio.com/episode-66-team-gfb-presents-dave-lang-and-the-ccg-all-star-spectacular/

The entirety of this show was recorded live from the Playstation Experience, where Dave interviewed a metric ton of CCGs. He started off talking with Playstation’s Matt Kessler, but was quickly ambushed by CBSi’s Jeff Gerstmann mid-interview. Please savor this chat, as we suspect it will be the last time Matt will be allowed to speak on Playstation’s behalf.

After getting Matt to roll over on several business partners, Dave and Jeff chat up Matt’s boss, Gio Corsi of Playstation. Gio is a show veteran, and comports himself with an unusual dignity and flair. From Gio we roll right into Friend of the Show Keir, where he and Dave basically agree on what it would be like if they were to play a game of American 21. Post-Keir, Dave talks to Adriel Wallick about the joys of living in Amsterdam, and making games on trains.

Things get serious when Dave finds Dose One for a discussion on fist fights in Philly, music and sound production, and other heady issues of the day. Immediately after that, Dave bumped into Dan Teasdale and Panzer of No Goblin, who were still riding the high from their new game, 100 Robot Feet, being announced during the PSX Keynote.

Dave wraps up the podcast by chatting with Kahlief Adams from Spawn on Me, where they come up with a great idea for a new show they will never do, and Isaac Torres whom you all will quickly forget as he didn’t bring his A-game.

Sounds like I'll have another angry rant after watching the KSP video tomorrow.

My ideal end to the Patrick versus Dan beef.

Two 24 hour streams.

Dan has 24 hours to design and beat a level from scratch.
Patrick has 24 hours to beat it.

But then I guess Patrick would still be at a disadvantage because Dan can prototype and mess around with ideas before hand where as Patrick has to go in blind no mater what.

Dan has a stream, for every hour he takes making a level, Patrick gets 1 day to beat it. So if it takes Dan 5 hours to make a level, Patrick gets 5 days to beat it.

conweller

Neo Member
Patrick should not stream any of Dan's new level.

Just in two weeks or whatever post a screenshot of him beating it. With a comment of "That was easy."

Haunted

MMM 53 is good stuff, that Stank guy (unfortunate naming choice aside) makes some damn good levels.

Dan has a stream, for every hour he takes making a level, Patrick gets 1 day to beat it. So if it takes Dan 5 hours to make a level, Patrick gets 5 days to beat it.
If anything it should be the other way around, creating a good level is much harder and more time consuming than actually playing through it.

conweller

Neo Member
I'm so over Mario Maker.

I know I'm being a petulant bah humbug about the whole thing.

Just give me a solid hour of Brad buying Dota hats, and I'll shut up.

Check all your MOBA baggage, Brad is going through Dota Customs. Where Brad tries a bunch of custom games.

Man, hitting that
Part 2
reveal in Phantom Pain has absolutely killed my desire to play it. Is the payoff worth powering through?

Chapter 2 is much shorter than chapter 1 and gives context on some details of the lore. Unfortunately the mission structure suffers from it, though there's one incredible mission in chapter 2 where anyone that plays the game should definitely see it through. Its some of the best Metal Gear content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom