• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

Project Beast = 2016's Best Content of 2015

It has been a good year. I think their key to success is that - because he is the only video guy so has to be there anyway - you are almost guaranteed Vinny.

I don't think so, but looking at the calendar, they'll time it so the Tuesday between Christmas and New Year is covered, so I think it'll run 25-29th Dec.

Last I heard they said it ended on the 1st. So 28th-1st is the best guess. I think they aim for 5 consecutive week days and it depends on how the calendar falls.

Just started Project Beast Pt. 2. It's weird seeing actual editing in a GB video! This is an awesome feature, though. I love the objective-based approach they're taking to it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I can't turn off my WiiU. I've been playing Jeff's level for like 4 hours and made it to a checkpoint and I never want to play that part again.

Its good I am not the only person who went "hey... editing!" when watching Project BEAST.

Its a shame they dont have more features that do that more. I know it takes time but Vinny and Drew got the skillz and its a shame they dont get to show them until GOTY time.

Oh hey. Remember the No Go Show?

Bowlie

Banned
Its good I am not the only person who went "hey... editing!" when watching Project BEAST.

Its a shame they dont have more features that do that more. I know it takes time but Vinny and Drew got the skillz and its a shame they dont get to show them until GOTY time.

I laughed hard at the outro. I wish we had more things like that Dr. Vinny moment, but maybe we wouldn't value those so high if they became a common feature?

But if editing becomes the norm what will happen to those magical times where everything goes catastrophically wrong?

cue teleprompter trouble video

MS need to re add Geoamtry Wars to Xbox 360 BC so we can get more streams of Brad sucking at GeoWars

Dancers is the Torchwood of Giant Bomb content.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Cool that they put a tilde on the end of the title. I was beginning to doubt that giant bomb was still hip.

The final moments of the Longest Day video was pretty great and hilarious and also that MGScanlon 4 installation video

I would love to see the video guys do some more edited stuff once in a while but i understand the time issue.

**ATTN: BRAD**

John Romero uploaded footage of the id tech demo/port of Mario 3 they made in 1990

https://vimeo.com/148909578

(for those unaware, Carmack and co wanted to replicate the smooth scrolling that NES games had on PC, and then tried to convince Nintendo to let them work on ports. Nintendo said no, and they went on and made Commander Keen)

yami4ct

I wonder if MH4U will ever get ported to Wii U.

Probably not.

Almost zero chance. If it was going to happen, it would've already. The Wii U version of 3U Wii U did extremely poorly overall and what few sales it had were mostly for the online play, a feature that the 3DS version now has.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Brad if you read this, I now caved and bought Destiny, and this is all your fault.

I'm listening to the Bombcast from back when Skyrim got announced, and they're all excited about how Skyrim is supposedly going to run on a new engine.

*sigh*

I'm listening to the Bombcast from back when Skyrim got announced, and they're all excited about how Skyrim is supposedly going to run on a new engine.

*sigh*

To be fair Bethesda did push the "its a new engine" stuff with Skyrim.

In reality they had to rename the old engine because Gamebryo went out of business.

Which bomber would make the best Doctor?
There has to be a chart mapping GB staff to specific Doctors out there.
**ATTN: BRAD**

John Romero uploaded footage of the id tech demo/port of Mario 3 they made in 1990

https://vimeo.com/148909578

(for those unaware, Carmack and co wanted to replicate the smooth scrolling that NES games had on PC, and then tried to convince Nintendo to let them work on ports. Nintendo said no, and they went on and made Commander Keen)
Woah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom