• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Man you guys, I just spent over a month drawing Patrick Klepek's facial hair incorrectly...

pQblQBR.png

Haha, that's great.

Someone ran into my avenger and hid in my bed as I was taking off because I forgot to close the back of my ship before taking off from the port. As I was preparing to go into hyperspeed mode to warp to the military station I see someone randomly go flying out the back of my ship into the abyss and I suddenly realized the guy in chat who had been bragging about hitching a ride was talking about me.

Haha, that's ridiculous! It's kind of bummer right now how you can't have two people in those ships (and the Aurora). Sometimes it works for a moment, but inevitably one or both people get glitched out of the ship. Walking around in a Constellation that is actively flying feels like fucking magic though.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
what if I told you I've never played a mario game? no SMB, no Galaxy, nothing

this kind of got lost in here but dude what????

go play the marios!

SMB, SMB3, World, Wii, Wii U, Galaxy, 3d Land - any of these will do. But for goodness sake at least play SMB. It just must be done

Volotaire

Dark Souls II is waaay more player-friendly, prettier, and works better on PC than its predecessor. It would be the best choice to get into the series, I think.

I actually find it a better game than DSI (don't burn me)

what if I told you I've never played a mario game? no SMB, no Galaxy, nothing

I would say you should try out a Mario some day! Maybe Super Mario Galaxy, 3D Land, 3D World, SMB3, SMW.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
If you were committed to the idea of playing both then I might say play Dark Souls 2 first just because it's worse than the first Dark Souls, it's still a great game but a number of it's flaws become more glaring when you've already played the first game. Don't forget that you'll want to get DSfix for DS1.
Has anyone done this and can confirm? I feel like going from 2 to 1 is a worse experience than the other way around, but I also like 2, so who knows?

Bowlie

Banned
this kind of got lost in here but dude what????

I never had a Nintendo console; went from Master System to Mega Drive to the Playstations.
Never even touched a NES, SNES or a Gamecube.
I also did not play any Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, the original Mega Man series (played X6 only on PS1) or Donkey Kong :/

When I finish FFXIII I think I'll grab a Mario to see how it is

justjim89

Guys, I'm thinking about quitting watching wrestling. Or at least mainstream WWE. At this point my three hours seems worth more to me every week.

hamchan

Guys, I'm thinking about quitting watching wrestling. Or at least mainstream WWE. At this point my three hours seems worth more to me every week.

Definitely quit. Watch the highlights that seem interesting on their YouTube channel. Can digest it all in 10-20 mins and then you can move on with your life.

Megasoum

Banned
Fuuuuuuuuuck.... Playing the beginning of Episode 2 of Tales from the Borderlands a couple of days after going through Lasik surgery is REAAAALLLLYY FUCKED UP lol

So if somebody were to have missed... let's say the last 5-6 months of content, what would be a good place to start? :)

Mario Maker streams have been some of the best stuff. People are more mixed on MGScanlon V due to the nature of the game not really meshing with Drew and Dan's style, but its still fun stuff.

And of course, Demo Derby and all GBE streams like COOA, Playdates, and Vinnyvania.

And if you need any more, extra life has a ton of stuff. Its all worth watching, but my favorites were the GBWest and Austin streams.

Fuuuuuuuuuck.... Playing the beginning of Episode 2 of Tales from the Borderlands a couple of days after going through Lasik surgery is REAAAALLLLYY FUCKED UP lol

LOL

Megasoum

Banned
Mario Maker streams have been some of the best stuff. People are more mixed on MGScanlon V due to the nature of the game not really meshing with Drew and Dan's style, but its still fun stuff.

And of course, Demo Derby and all GBE streams like COOA, Playdates, and Vinnyvania.

And if you need any more, extra life has a ton of stuff. Its all worth watching, but my favorites were the GBWest and Austin streams.

LOL

TFTB Spoiler

HOLY SHIT Their faces when they learn that the general was in suspended sleep and not actually dead hahahaha. This got an actual laughing out loud out of me.

TFTB Spoiler

HOLY SHIT Their faces when they learn that the general was in suspended sleep and not actually dead hahahaha. This got an actual laughing out loud out of me.

TFTB Episode 2 Spoiler

Yeah that got a huge laugh out of me. I felt bad about it, but god damn it was funny.

Only gets better from there too.

yami4ct

I judge all my GOTY awards by whether or not Trails in the Sky SC is involved. So far, all outlets have failed. Will any pass? We shall see.
I kind of doubt it :( Maybe Jason can get it mentioned for Kotaku.

Holy shit topless Vaugn hahahaha

This game is amazing

Oh man, that part of the game has one of the most hilarious moments. Episode 2 was awesome.

I judge all my GOTY awards by whether or not Trails in the Sky SC is involved. So far, all outlets have failed. Will any pass? We shall see.
I kind of doubt it :( Maybe Jason can get it mentioned for Kotaku.

Jeff named dropped Drakengard 3 last year during best story. Don't doubt him!!!

Xeteh

Its so good! Great scene. I'm still amazed by how good TftB is and how much I love it.

Started episode 1 today, didn't get to play a ton, but it seemed alright so far. I'm curious to see where it goes that has gotten everyone saying it's so great.

And having not played any Telltale stuff since Walking Dead season 2 episode 1 on 360 it's nice playing a Telltale game on a new console and it doesn't run and look like garbage.

Will I enjoy Tales from the Borderlands if I know only the bare minimum about that world and the characters involved? I've heard that it's accessible for non-Borderlands players but I wanna make sure I don't have to read up on anything before I begin.

Will I enjoy Tales from the Borderlands if I know only the bare minimum about that world and the characters involved? I've heard that it's accessible for non-Borderlands players but I wanna make sure I don't have to read up on anything before I begin.

Yeah. No prior knowledge is needed to really enjoy it. Its very much its own thing, though you might miss out on the occassional reference here or there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom