• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
In LiS' case I can forgive it.

Although the choice at the end is binary, it is about the collection of experiences you've had up until then. It is about the time shifting mechanic because without it there would be no choice as you wouldn't have reconnected with Chloe. The story is about getting that chance to bond with Chloe and imo the final choice is logical to that end. HOWEVER the save Chloe ending is obviously rushed.
And all of that is ruined by the fact that Chloe is a terrible manic pixie dream girl with no real character traits to make me care about her.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
And all of that is ruined by the fact that Chloe is a terrible manic pixie dream girl with no real character traits to make me care about her.

She isn't though? She is persistently shown to be irritating, irascible, unreliable. Yet also brave(/stupid) and extraverted. The ying to max's yang to use a cliche. I never actually liked her as a character, but I did like their relationship. Still didn't save her.

and yes, the Jefferson sub-plot was a bit much. Although the actual scenes were quite brilliant.

One note would have been a better description.

Just feel that she consistently had the worst dialogue in the game and any time she was on screen with the exception of the beginning of episode 4 was like nails on a chalkboard for me.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
They ran out of time/budget, as stated by one of the developers after episode 5.

But
I fully disagree that Chloe doesn't care about her mother dying in that ending. She would care a lot, even if it was a delayed reaction that eventually lead her to blame Max for her problems and the death of her mom, and cut contact with her.
(LiS Spoilers)

Wait, when did that happen? Was that ever indicated anywhere?

Yeah, I couldn't believe that great deal either!

It's only 1€ per Level. Best value!

danm999

Seems like a really strange move given they just revamped a lot of low level content in the Taken King.

I mean when WoW did this last year some of the content they were letting you skip was pushing eight years old.

Zaph

Seems like a really strange move given they just revamped a lot of low level content in the Taken King.

I mean when WoW did this last year some of the content they were letting you skip was pushing eight years old.

Yeah, with WoW a lot of people wanted to skip leveling their alts through TBC, as everything prior had been re-designed and sped up in Cataclysm and everything after used the more streamlined questing system. Doing 61-68 just through dungeons wasn't uncommon.

But regardless, if you don't boost, it's still a significant time investment going 0-90 in WoW no matter how you level. Someone in that thread said Destiny 0-25 without a 'subclass' is just 4 hours? That's insane for £25

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Oh, that's just my interpretation of the ending, just like yours is.

I don't know if mine is an interpretation
, she doesn't even mention here once and don't react when they drive by her completely destroyed house.
But whatever, it's not that important.
I'm curious if they'll try and finish the game this week. Seems like something they would do.

danm999

Yeah, with WoW a lot of people wanted to skip leveling their alts through TBC, as everything prior had been re-designed and sped up in Cataclysm and everything after used the more streamlined questing system. Doing 61-68 just through dungeons wasn't uncommon.

But regardless, if you don't boost, it's still a significant time investment going 0-90 in WoW no matter how you level. Someone in that thread said Destiny 0-25 without a 'subclass' is just 4 hours? That's insane for £25

WoW in 2014 and Destiny in 2015 are also totally different in terms of available content so for Destiny to offer a skip of recently revamped content seems very strange.

I mean, I did use my Draenor preorder to boost a character for free, but even with how much end game content WoW offers and how long levelling takes I'd be hesitant to pay for it. Destiny seems even worse value.

I don't know much about the Destiny end game though, is it significantly based around class balance? Is there a draw to funnel people into the raid content with alts?

Nero18

They are not doing free DLC though.

Seasonal events like sparrow racing are what they will be doing instead until year 3 starts in September

That was what i was referring to. They seem to want to move towards more that type of content instead of the classical DLC-cycle.

Bungie is dancing around microtransactions too much. Would almost prefer if they came out with a proper plan with cosmetics and such.

Patryn

I don't know if mine is an interpretation
, she doesn't even mention here once and don't react when they drive by her completely destroyed house.
But whatever, it's not that important.
I'm curious if they'll try and finish the game this week. Seems like something they would do.

Nah. They still have to finish Episode 4, and there's still quite a bit there (although they did manage to set up a skip for one puzzle), and then the entirety of Episode 5.

So 2 more episodes, and I doubt they'll do both of them this week.

Zaph

This is the first time that I'm rooting for Brad to ruin the GOTY discussions with some filibuster that makes absolutely no sense. The salt it creates is delicious.

(Saints Row 3 is still better than Skyrim though)

IbAsBqI.jpg

My goty 2015 headcanon already includes Brad refusing to join last week's UPF because of SMM

repeater

IbAsBqI.jpg

My goty 2015 headcanon already includes Brad refusing to join last week's UPF because of SMM
I heard that he threatened to leave GB entirely if he wasn't allowed to move back home and start Giant Bomb South which will be exlusively devoted to covering Destiny and DOTA.

Brad is going to come out swinging this year. I can think of a few things he'll probably push hard for -- the inclusion of Dying Light or Ori, the "does TTK belong?" argument, and MGSV over Mario Maker. Strap yourselves in, the Bradibuster is coming back with a vengeance.

danm999

I'll get ready for GOTY by making some images of Brad's head imposed on Strom Thurmond and Jimmy Stewart in Mr Smith Goes to Washington.

hamchan

What if Jeff and Brad made a bargain where TTK has an opportunity to be in the top 10 GOTY list but consequently it becomes ineligible for the DLC category and then when they reach day 5 there's a collusion where everyone but Brad freezes out TTK from the top 10 which means Destiny wins nothing this year!!!

I'm surprised this thread isn't all GB Fan Fiction sometimes.

As the light dimmed in the lonely San Francisco office, Brad felt lonelier than ever before. His muse, her name Destiny, was harshly denied her rightful place on the game of the year list. Looking to drown his sorrows somehow, Brad opened Safari on his Apple™ Macintosh Computer™ and typed in the address, one simple phrase that would instantly turn his mood around.

Through the reflection of Brad's eyes you can faintly see what he is typing, one letter at a time he types until the message is clear - destiny rule 34. He hit enter and began a night he would never forget.

What if Jeff and Brad made a bargain where TTK has an opportunity to be in the top 10 GOTY list but consequently it becomes ineligible for the DLC category and then when they reach day 5 there's a collusion where everyone but Brad freezes out TTK from the top 10 which means Destiny wins nothing this year!!!

Yes. YESSSSSS

xcNDsrQfWxluM.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom