• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heimbeck

Banned
What if Jeff and Brad made a bargain where TTK has an opportunity to be in the top 10 GOTY list but consequently it becomes ineligible for the DLC category and then when they reach day 5 there's a collusion where everyone but Brad freezes out TTK from the top 10 which means Destiny wins nothing this year!!!

I think GOTY would be much more interesting if we saw some behind the scenes backstabbing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
As the light dimmed in the lonely San Francisco office, Brad felt lonelier than ever before. His muse, her name Destiny, was harshly denied her rightful place on the game of the year list. Looking to drown his sorrows somehow, Brad opened Safari on his Apple™ Macintosh Computer™ and typed in the address, one simple phrase that would instantly turn his mood around.

Through the reflection of Brad's eyes you can faintly see what he is typing, one letter at a time he types until the message is clear - destiny rule 34. He hit enter and began a night he would never forget.

Now we know why brad started a tumblr.

Xater

No, what happened?

I don't remember either. I just remember the form being absolute garbage, so you could not vote for games that came out as Early Access the year before but were actually finished that year. So I didn't vote because I was unable to put Wasteland 2 in.

I'll be sure to watch that in 2 years when it gets subbed

they're actually running somewhat low on unsubbed episodes so new ones are coming out faster now. hopefully they'll do this one soon.

Damn Arino's gotten old all of a sudden. I think it's that new wig/perm/extension whatever's going on on his head.

I feel like he's barely aged over the last 15 years or whatever. dude's 43!

haha I like the debate on whether or not it's too egomaniacal to hang pictures of themselves everywhere, knowing how that eventually went

Haunted

they're actually running somewhat low on unsubbed episodes so new ones are coming out faster now. hopefully they'll do this one soon.

I feel like he's barely aged over the last 15 years or whatever. dude's 43!
Looking at the S-A website, they're going at a pretty regularly pace, like one new episode a month.

Also, there are some people that just don't change over a long period of time - and then suddenly, BAM, they look old.

just look at this young whippersnapper

tumblr_n2cd93VK9P1qijphto1_500.jpg

tumblr_n52tthWcf21t1058ho1_1280.jpg

compared to old man arino

maxresdefault.jpg

(the switch to HD broadcasting certainly didn't help :lol)

Seems like a really strange move given they just revamped a lot of low level fnord in the Taken King.

I mean when WoW did this last year some of the fnord they were letting you skip was pushing eight years old.

Oh, it really isnt. Laziness, impulse, and a lack desire to actually play are very profitable fields to farm.

Nero18

Was listening to a show on swedish radio with "experts" talking. One person was referring to Samus Aran as Metroid and Solid Snake as Metal Gear. Think i had a stroke.

I'll bet a full year of avatar that Destiny won't be (allowed) in the top 10.
Was listening to a show on swedish radio with "experts" talking. One person was referring to Samus Aran as Metroid and Solid Snake as Metal Gear. Think i had a stroke.
I think Halo is a pretty cool guy.

13 days until GOTY.

Disappointed that there's no avatar bets yet.

I think i would've put my avvy down if they didn't just go over during the last UPF playing SMM. They rarely go over and they did so with a GOTY contender. Like some around here said, it very much felt like a victory lap.

MGSV is my personal GOTY but if/when SMM wins out I get it.

LiK

are they gonna do any videos for their personal top tens? they didn't bother last year which was disappointing.

Myggen

are they gonna do any videos for their personal top tens? they didn't bother last year which was disappointing.

Highly doubt it with their office situation being the way it is. Jeff said on UPF that he still hadn't numbered all the games on his list, so they haven't filmed anything yet.

If there's anything that can get cut it's the filmed top 10 lists. Those have rarely been memorable.

Bowlie

Banned
I wish I could, UK is a week behind the US :(

does that mean you've just watched episode 9? that
motel
scene is sooo good

The final episode's great (will be shocked if Dunst doesn't get some awards out of this season), but keep in mind that the previous episode was (obviously) the climax.

Yeah! It took me some time to recognize her (haven't seen her in years), but her performance was so good that sometimes it reminded me of
Amy
from Gone Girl in terms of craziness.

I wished grandpa's symbols had a more sinister meaning though, maybe to communicate with the saucers

I'll take that Destiny bet. what's the bet?

My reasoning being that each member usually gets to push one game hard into the top 10 that doesn't deserve to be there (i call it the Syndicate principal) and i feel that Brad wont be able to push Destiny in a much better year than last year, where it snuck in because 2014 was half garbage.

I feel Brad will not be allowed to push TTK due to it being an expansion and will settle on Twomb Raider instead

I think that your original assumption that Brad is somehow hell-bent on getting Taken King into the top 10 is flawed. He liked it, obviously, but he never seemed that blown away by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom