• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like GBEast just finished up some more Kerbal Space Program... uh... misadventures. Looks like things did not go well for the poor creatures of Kerbin.

Hgus0xl.png

This is quickly becoming a new favorite feature for me. I WANT MORE NOW!

TraBuch

Banned
How're the load times in Yakuza 5? I stopped playing 4 during one of the hostess club parts because it was taking sooooo long and I never went back. I should go back.

LiK

How're the load times in Yakuza 5? I stopped playing 4 during one of the hostess club parts because it was taking sooooo long and I never went back. I should go back.

load times are pretty fast. not sure if it's because it's digital only now but loading is a nonissue.

Lunar FC

Sounds like GBEast just finished up some more Kerbal Space Program... uh... misadventures. Looks like things did not go well for the poor creatures of Kerbin.

Hgus0xl.png

The preview at the end of the last ep was amazing. Great new series. Just hope we see actual progress being made in the next couple eps.

Jintor

durain > mango, but only just (probably because i've had the occasional overripe mango but i've never encountered a durian that wasn't delicious. or that didn't smell like the devil's armpit, but that's besides the point)

TraBuch

Banned
load times are pretty fast. not sure if it's because it's digital only now but loading is a nonissue.

Pretty non-existent outside of taking a taxi which takes a few seconds. Not something I'd thought about once in the 35 or so hours I have in Yakuza 5 as of now.
Here's a dumb question, how were the load times in 4? I can't remember if I started getting annoyed because of constant load times or if the hostess club part was just boring.

Xeteh

Hgus0xl.png

It is fantastic. I have zero idea how to Kerbal so I enjoy watching this series. I can imagine the Kerbal masters losing their mind watching it, though.

Here's a dumb question, how were the load times in 4? I can't remember if I started getting annoyed because of constant load times or if the hostess club part was just boring.
I honestly don't remember because I played the hostess parts of 4 with a wiki pulled up that I was constantly checking so during loads I was looking at that, lol.

Kerbal is a great game.

Its the first game I have played in years that literally made a entire afternoon go by in a single session without me noticing.

I have been a bit afraid to jump back into the game since then.

Tomorrow I go home for a month-long (!!!!!) winter break. I'm trying to plan out how many video games I can finish over break in between GOTY content.

It's an amazing, dark hole I am about to enter.

hamchan

I like that people wanted more Kerbal from Vinny so he just made a series out of it. Every time one of their rockets crashes I laugh.

LiK

I honestly don't remember because I played the hostess parts of 4 with a wiki pulled up that I was constantly checking so during loads I was looking at that, lol.

yea, i don't remember either. it's been a while. the load times never really bothered me much beyond Y2.

the loads into fights in 4 weren't fantastic, but I don't remember them being that bad all around

it's a little rough going back into 5 after playing two ps4 games. but it's not that bad.

The only thing that's bumming me out about Yakuza 5 is how much less bloody the combat is. All body damage/brusing has been removed and blood no longer stains clothing. Someone told me that was fixed back to Yakuza 3/4 standards in Zero though.

Lelcar

Well the end of the Bombcast confirmed that they are shooting GOTY video, so that's pretty cool. It sounds like they're filming separately, probably kinda like last year, but also who knows what they did when they were all together (besides podcasting). Sounds weird too, Jeff's video involves him drinking actual alcohol and Brad almost smoked a real cigarette for his. Weird.

In Yakuza 5 you
punch a bear in the middle of a blizzard and then later you find that same bear after you've learned to use a rifle and you throw the rifle away and just fight that fucking giant bear with your god damn fists

Imagine if you did that in MGS how he'd react

I wish I hadn't read this but at the same time this is the greatest thing ever in the history of games.

Chuck

Still without luck
You haven't listened to the Totino's episode.

I listened for about 6 months after it first started and it was the funniest fucking thing in the world. tears every week laughing so hard. but it eventually lost it's power, then they did those stupid add, then i stopped listening.

Moldiver

All the Yakuza talk online made me try 3 again, was 4 hours into it and before I knew it was pushing 18.

4 is in my download list as well so can't wait to play that straight after. These games are bat shut crazy but soo great.

PS3 back in action with this series and also need to finish Ni No Kuni...I really need to put the time into Witcher 3 and MGSV on the PC and I'm here spending more time on the PS3...

yami4ct

Kojima did not waste any time confirming his post Konami plans. Boy that was surprisingly quick.

Interested to hear what the scale of the project is. As much as I dig Kojima's work, I think it'd be kind of dumb of Sony to put as large a budget as he's known for on a new franchise for him.

Kojima did not waste any time confirming his post Konami plans. Boy that was surprisingly quick.

Interested to hear what the scale of the project is. As much as I dig Kojima's work, I think it'd be kind of dumb of Sony to put as large a budget as he's known for on a new franchise for him.

I really, really hope it's something in the vein of PT. That game had a ton of promise.

yami4ct

I'm kinda shocked he can just call his new studio Kojima Productions again. You'd think Konami would've had some stake in that name.

Kojima better keep working with Shinkawa. That dude needs to keep getting work. One of the best technical designers out there.

I really, really hope it's something in the vein of PT. That game had a ton of promise.

While I really dug PT, I kind doubt it would've worked at the scale of a full game. That game's tricks would've gotten old real quick and I'm not sure what else they could've added to extend it. I'll be down for whatever he tries, though. No matter what it is, it certainly will be interesting.

Jintor

MBMBAM is some comfortable-ass comfortable comedy. It's usually inoffensive and when it's really funny it's really goddamn funny

Chuck

Still without luck
The key questions I have from this are: Are the extremely talented team from old Kojipro joining him and will this new IP be in development 5+ years?

it's really hard to understand the ways of Japanese devs, relationships don't seems as leader focused as western development.

still, i imagine the top staff would follow him

yami4ct

The key questions I have from this are: Are the extremely talented team from old Kojipro joining him and will this new IP be in development 5+ years?

Rumors floating around were at least some key staff were coming with him, but we of course have no confirmation of anything yet. I kinda doubt he resurrected the studio even in name and left key people behind. Some of the major staff may have been able to pickup new gigs quickly, but I suspect a significant portion couldn't. You also have the fact this must've been in the works for a good while.

Seems that is the reason that the name was being taken down from everywhere within Konami.

Is it possible that Konami actually let him own the studio name? I mean, we all knew he was a powerful force in Konami for a good while, but that idea seems crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom