• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to tested for the first time in ages.

tested-logo-adam.png

It took them 3 years to get around to calling a spade a spade!

I think Jamie was in a grand total of maybe 5 videos for the site.

Intro to the Last of Us: Everything hurts and nothing is alright.

I know I'm really late on this but goddamn.

If you think the beginning is a bit of a gut punch just wait. JUST WAIT.

Went to tested for the first time in ages.

tested-logo-adam.png

It took them 3 years to get around to calling a spade a spade!

I think Jamie was in a grand total of maybe 5 videos for the site.

Ah, so it did finally happen. I wish I wasn't exposed to Adam so much via the site, there was once a time I liked him. Guy's ego is just enormous, though.

Man I miss old Tested.

Megasoum

Banned
Ah, so it did finally happen. I wish I wasn't exposed to Adam so much via the site, there was once a time I liked him. Guy's ego is just enormous, though.

Man I miss old Tested.

Well now that Will left there's already a lot less ego flying around that office.

Yes I said it...

Nowadays it's Norm doing ad content with his fiancee... Bleh

you mean adam savage's tested and moviefone? they're still there, just tried them out myself

i always wondered if Screened was an honest attempt at a film site or just Jeff and co trying to find work for Rorie and Alex. Or maybe a bit of both.
Screened never seemed to get popular but they legitamately had the best video content of the Whiskey Media era and no other movie site has matched it

popo

To be clear, emails is usually my least favorite part of the podcast (though I bet I'm in the minority on this one). But my impression is that the dudes usually have quite a bit of fun with the questions, and I can see how it could be a nice break from constant talk and thought about videogames. Anyway, I feel like the "who the fuck cares?" complaint kind of overgenerates and hits most of the stuff going on at GB or in videogames generally. :p

Brad does a good job overall but email are such an afterthought these days.

To be clear I wasn't ranting "who cares?" as in that they should not discuss it. More the people who get annoyed in seemingly trivial questions. Call your movie whatever you like. Have your chilli however you like. I guess it is just the whole internet I am complaining about though.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Brad does a good job overall but email are such an afterthought these days.

To be clear I wasn't ranting "who cares?" as in that they should not discuss it. More the people who get annoyed in seemingly trivial questions. Call your movie whatever you like. Have your chilli however you like. I guess it is just the whole internet I am complaining about though.
more like humanity

Zaph

Okay, Yakuza is legit. Hope Gbeast plays some more in 2016

I wish there was a "Screened unarchived" YouTube account.

There is a youtube account that miraculously appeared with all Screened content and Rorie tweeted (no connection, I'm sure...) but I've forgotten the name.

Yakuza has always been legit. It's a shame so many people are sleeping on it.

Its a shame sony couldn't somehow get a Ps4 port of 5 for the western release. Right now its in that awkward Persona 4 spot.

Day 1 for Yakuza 0 though. I hope that doesnt take a year from announcement to release. I'd understand if it was a full redub and not just subtitles.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I really want to play Yakuza pretty badly but I don't have a PS3.

Yeah it's nuts, I know they're basically putting that game out to die only expecting the hardcore fans to pick it up but you can't really do worse than releasing a digital-only PS3 game in December of 2015. Just upres it, I don't care, let me play it on my PS4. My PS3 is in a closet.

Xater

Its a shame sony couldn't somehow get a Ps4 port of 5 for the western release.

Day 1 for Yakuza 0 though. I hope that doesnt take a year from announcement to release. I'd understand if it was a full redub and not just subtitles.

Because it took them so long, I absolutely agree.

LiK

there's no one porting it to PS4. devs are busy with Y6 already. shame you guys are missing out on such a "dope" game.

def sim

If the Yakuza 5 QL spoke to me on a spiritual level is it worth checking out the other games? That looked like my kind of jam.

They're all pretty much the same kind of open world game with wonderfully absurd side quests and overly melodramatic storylines. So, yes.

I didn't care for the one with the zombies, though.

If the Yakuza 5 QL spoke to me on a spiritual level is it worth checking out the other games? That looked like my kind of jam.

yeah. in fact, I think 5 is a terrible place to start. They do nothing to try to explain wtf is going on if you're not up on the story. You're kind of ok with skipping 1 and 2 if you start with 3; just watch the recap videos. You can even skip 3 (I don't recommend it) and watch the videos with 4.

I didn't care for the one with the zombies, though.

it's not a very good game but it's a great treat for longtime series fans. that's pretty much the ONLY type of person I'd recommend it to

Xater

yeah. in fact, I think 5 is a terrible place to start. They do nothing to try to explain wtf is going on if you're not up on the story. You're kind of ok with skipping 1 and 2 if you start with 3; just watch the recap videos. You can even skip 3 (I don't recommend it) and watch the videos with 4.

it's not a very good game but it's a great treat for longtime series fans. that's pretty much the ONLY type of person I'd recommend it to

Skipping the first one might actually be a good idea at this point if the we get Yakuza 0 and Kiwami (which is a remake of Yakuza 1).

I think the Zombies game is trash. Even as a long time fan I wouldn't touch it. Hell I barely got through the demo.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

I am imagining Mike Milligan saying this and it's wonderful.

But yes, all those games are very much of a similar tone and nature. One might go so far as to say it's basically the same game with a new story and small tweaks every time, going right back to Y1 on the PS2. Start with 3 or 4 imo, the storylines are so confusing that it makes MGS seem like babby's first coloring book by comparison so you'll be lost regardless.

With no prior experience of Yakuza I did see an LP of 4, but forgot like 95% of it besides who the 4 main characters are and the final fight.

Yakuza seems cool but i have no patience to catch up on all of those games. Might give 0 a chance just because its a prequel and won't have any baggage with it.

And its also on PS4.

LiK

With no prior experience of Yakuza I did see an LP of 4, but forgot like 95% of it besides who the 4 main characters are and the final fight.

Yakuza seems cool but i have no patience to catch up on all of those games. Might give 0 a chance just because its a prequel and won't have any baggage with it.

And its also on PS4.

Yakuza games are RPGs. so if you don't have patience for those then you might not have patience for the series. but the stories are great with lots of heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom