• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
It's truly sad when you see great actors, after performing great roles, doing every generic action movie avaiblable, and getting forgotten as time passes.

Jon Hamm will never get a role half as good as Don Draper and that makes me sad.

Jon Hamm will never get a role half as good as Don Draper and that makes me sad.

I hope he does the opposite of Bryan Cranston and goes from drama to a great comedic performance. Unbreakable Kimmi Schmidt, various podcasts, and his hosting SNL has proved the guy is great at comedy.

They should try to bring back Better off Ted and put Jon Hamm in the role of Ted.

Lijik

His character in 30 Rock and the quiet reveal he was playing himself in Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret are tied for my favorite comedic Jon Hamm characters

jaina

I hope he does the opposite of Bryan Cranston and goes from drama to a great comedic performance. Unbreakable Kimmi Schmidt, various podcasts, and his hosting SNL has proved the guy is great at comedy.

They should try to bring back Better off Ted and put Jon Hamm in the role of Ted.
I've only seen Jon Hamm in his comedic roles (The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret in addition to your list) and a few Mad Men commercials. I really hope he does a lot more comedy now, his timing is impeccable.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Wait, wasn't Jon Hamm already...huh. Jay Harrington, you say?

Strax

To be fair you can say that about most leading TV actors with 50+ eps
Brtan Cranston has always been a good actor but I think putting a known comedy actor in that role was big part of Breaking Bad success during the first season. A good show + "Is that the dude from MITM?"

I feel like much of the talk during the first season was like that.

Also Jon Hamm was the worst thing about Unbreakable Kimmi Schmidt, not counting the writing in the second half of the first season. Never have I seen a show go from being good to almost unwatchable in such a short time.

Jon Hamm is fucking hilarious when he wants to be. His role in the Wet Hot American Summer show on Netflix was amazing (particularly his 'fight' with Chris Meloni) and he's always popping up on SNL.

To be fair you can say that about most leading TV actors with 50+ eps
Brtan Cranston has always been a good actor but I think putting a known comedy actor in that role was big part of Breaking Bad success during the first season. A good show + "Is that the dude from MITM?"

I feel like much of the talk during the first season was like that.

That was basically all that was being talked about in the first season. Until the bath tub episode, then I feel like how dark the show was became the focal point.

I'm currently watching UPF and I have two questions:

1. Is there an archive of a drunk Rorie playing Bloodborne?
2. Was he serious when he said that he would start a video series of him playing through the King's Field games next year?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm currently watching UPF and I have two questions:

1. Is there an archive of a drunk Rorie playing Bloodborne?
2. Was he serious when he said that he would start a video series of him playing through the King's Field games next year?

It's coming once beast is done with blight club.

Loving this Yakuza 5 Quick Look.

"Here's the Hastune Miku figure I won... I got the Bonzanza Bros guys... I got Nights, I'mma throw this out, probably."

Zekes!

Damn, all this Yakuza love is making me thirsty for some more Yakuza. The first and only game I've played is Yakuza 2. I never beat it, but for a moment in time I was completely engrossed by it and it was a real magical experience.

repeater

Yakuza QL was real good.

I'm now seriously tempted to jump onboard the series with this 0 thingie if it ever comes to Europe. (Could always import I guess since PS4 is region free).

pizzacat

Banned

THAT WASN'T JON HAMM?

I sat through 2 seasons of that thinking it was

Catvoca

Banned
Damn good Bombast this week. Mary Kisch was a great guest, she had some great contributions to the conversation without ever overpowering it. The email/tumblr questions were good too. Makes me excited for next weeks show.

Watching Screened.com content all afternoon. So good!

Any Screened videos people would recommend? I never paid attention to the site when it was around.

I tried playing the two PS2 Yakuza games back in the day, when people were all like ITS THE SECOND COMING OF SHENMUE

and as someone who both likes good games and likes shenmue, naw. just naw.

Zaph

Yakuza QL was real good.

I'm now seriously tempted to jump onboard the series with this 0 thingie if it ever comes to Europe. (Could always import I guess since PS4 is region free).

Can't be bothered hooking up a PS3 so thought the same thing, but why am I surprised, of course it's unconfirmed for Europe.

Megasoum

Banned
CWYGsJzUYAAAmDz.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom