• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

With no prior experience of Yakuza I did see an LP of 4, but forgot like 95% of it besides who the 4 main characters are and the final fight.

Yakuza seems cool but i have no patience to catch up on all of those games. Might give 0 a chance just because its a prequel and won't have any baggage with it.

And its also on PS4.

Every game so far came with a video to catch you up on things. They do a good job with it I think.

BearPawB

Banned
Yeah 0 seems like my chance to get in, since i own a PS4 not a PS3 any longer.

I've never seen a game that looked more Shenmue to me

Xater

did they take it out of Yakuza 5? did not see it in there at all.

Don't know about 5. Have not played it and have not watched the QL. I can only speak about the games I have played.

I would also bet you can find these videos on YouTube somewhere.

Yakuza games are RPGs. so if you don't have patience for those then you might not have patience for the series. but the stories are great with lots of heart.

Maybe patience was the wrong word. I'm far too behind now to try and catch up when each of the games are as long as they are that at this point I'd rather just start clean with 0 and go with the remakes if those ever get localized.

Every game so far came with a video to catch you up on things. They do a good job with it I think.

I still don't think a recap movie does those games justice. I'm not a fan of using recaps either way.

LiK

Don't know about 5. Have not played it and have not watched the QL. I can only speak about the games I have played.

i couldn't find the recap section at all. i wonder if they did that to save space.

Maybe patience was the wrong word. I'm far too behind now to try and catch up when each of the games are as long as they are that at this point I'd rather just start clean with 0 and go with the remakes if those ever get localized.

yea, you could always go back to the earlier games later after Y0.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Nobody told me Yakuza 5 had Taiko Drum Master and Virtua Fighter 2. I feel like I've been robbed of knowledge. Is there a PS2->PS3 Taiko Drum Master drum adapter I can use?

def sim

it's not a very good game but it's a great treat for longtime series fans. that's pretty much the ONLY type of person I'd recommend it to

I've played all of them! The gunplay just couldn't hook me. I'd love to give it another chance, but it being stuck on PS3 might just guarantee I'll never get to.

Dineren

Banned
I should go back and play 4. I bought it while playing 3 since I was enjoying it so much, but never ended up getting to it. It has the same problem as 5 though, I'd have to unpack my ps3 and hook it back up.

I am imagining Mike Milligan saying this and it's wonderful.

I could totally see Mike being into a Japanese gangster melodrama-cum-taxi simulator. But man, Bokeem Woodbine was an absolute revelation in that part. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of roles this performance gets him.

I should go back and play 4. I bought it while playing 3 since I was enjoying it so much, but never ended up getting to it. It has the same problem as 5 though, I'd have to unpack my ps3 and hook it back up.

4 is so goddamn good. honestly if you have any love for the series you kind of owe it to yourself to play it, especially if you already own it :p

Bowlie

Banned
Can I say something?

I love when Austin goes full crazy mode and start rushing through a game and trash-talking NPCs. It looks like he's having so much fun.

I could totally see Mike being into a Japanese gangster melodrama-cum-taxi simulator. But man, Bokeem Woodbine was an absolute revelation in that part. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of roles this performance gets him.

That was my favorite character in the show. Have you read this?

Xater

If I still had a PS3 around I would do it.

4 is so goddamn good. honestly if you have any love for the series you kind of owe it to yourself to play it, especially if you already own it :p

Yup, 4 is great. Probably my second favorite.

Dineren

Banned
I guess my Fallout 4 character will never reunite with his son. Once I'm done with Xenoblade I'll swap out the Wii U for the ps3.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Teenage dan played Shenmue and yet here we are

The difference is that Yakuza actually looks good while Shenmue doesn't

I guess my Fallout 4 character will never reunite with his son. Once I'm done with Xenoblade I'll swap out the Wii U for the ps3.

What? Son?
Oh yeah..there was something about some child in that game, wasn't there? I'm too busy smashing people with my orc buddy and then eating their corpses.

That was my favorite character in the show. Have you read this?

Yeah, I was reading that same interview earlier this morning. I enjoyed his perspective on getting a break-out role as a young actor vs. a veteran one and how he's already turned down quite a few offers since this season began. He's earned the exposure.

Alucrid

Banned
I just read some tweets about Matt Kessler possibly eating a bunch of fruit to meet kojima, still not having eaten an orange and then probably throwing that fruit up on kojima,all orchestrated by John Drake.

Man, Sony third party is weird.

So what are our bets for the Kojima x Sony game.

PS4. (includes PS VR)

Cross Gen PS4-PS5

PS5 exclusive.

I think if its a small game I can see it being out in 2 years and being on PS4. If its 3 years or more that thing in next next gen.

Joeku

*Watches Yakuza 5 quick look*

*Looks over at box containing unplayed PS2 Yakuzas 1 and 2*

Fuck. I gotta do it. It always looks so damn charming.

I also have Yakuza 4 on PSN. Was that PS+ at some point?

Bowlie

Banned
Ramen making? Air hockey? Stand up comedy? Chicken racing? Darts? Pool? Slots? Hunting?

are you lying to me now? stop lying

Yeah, I was reading that same interview earlier this morning. I enjoyed his perspective on getting a break-out role as a young actor vs. a veteran one and how he's already turned down quite a few offers since this season began. He's earned the exposure.

It's truly sad when you see great actors, after performing great roles, doing every generic action movie avaiblable, and getting forgotten as time passes.
Every actor from Lost, a show that I dearly loved, went through this path, except maybe for Evangeline Lilly (shoutouts to strafer).

Ok I went back and listened to the whole segment, and Mary is definitely talking nonsense regarding VR.

"It will give you suit visuals, but you can't see the game, so it's stopping you from getting more than 180 degrees, which is nice."

I literally have no idea what she is trying to convey here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom