• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

well he's definitely a boob

bVbv8Fz.gif

Nice! I wish I could do this. I also want a rig devoted to a racing wheel setup. If only I had the space. :/
Yep, it's something I've sort of built up for the past couple of years. I am fortunate enough to live alone and have a good sized living room in my apartment.
Time to slap Sleepediah Kerbsson into that thing and shoot him into space!
Strap me in!
Now I understand your vR comments...

It looks good. Just missing some hydrolics to really get the party started.

Haha, yep, I'm fully invested at this point. I'm thinking haptics and hydraulics are like a $5000 upgrade, minimum. I think I'll just get pedals next, instead

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm actually now wondering how VR would work in my relatively cramped desktop setup when every one of them needs extra equipment to know where your body position is.

jaina

Tales from the Borderlands is better in every way.
Episode cliffhangers (and maybe character animations?) are better in LiS.
Tales might make my top game of the year though. The hardest decision I'm currently facing is MGSV > Syndicate or the other way around.

Brakke

Banned
Mary's rant about Cincinnati is incredible.

Yo for real, girl was on point. Cincinnati wins the world award for biggest gap between the quality of its name (highest) and the quality of town (lowest).

I don't think I ever heard her before but she was delightful.

danm999

Tales might make my top game of the year though. The hardest decision I'm currently facing is MGSV > Syndicate or the other way around.

I thought Life is Strange played much better than Tales. Better UI, better central mechanic for puzzle solving, no QTEs (seriously Tales uses the same ones since Walkind Dead mash Q then E), actual investigative puzzles, optional content. Tales is Telltale's best game but it's still using that damn engine and still has some of the problems associated with that engine even on PC.

In terms of story I can't really choose. I loved both.

jaina

I thought Life is Strange played much better than Tales. Better UI, better central mechanic for puzzle solving, no QTEs (seriously Tales uses the same ones since Walkind Dead mash Q then E), actual investigative puzzles, optional content. Tales is Telltale's best game but it's still using that damn engine and still has some of the problems associated with that engine even on PC.

In terms of story I can't really choose. I loved both.
I haven't actively played a Telltale game before, so the QTEs did not bother me.
Good point with the puzzles, I agree. The central mechanic of Life is Strange contributes a lot to the puzzle solving and choices.
I'm really glad to have played both (mostly because of recommendations in here). But I have to chicken out of SOMA, a Let's Play of that is the most I could stomach.

18.5 hours. Video games are back this year baby.

Still guessing Mario Maker is GOTY.

Is this longer than usual for GOTY. 18/5 is 3. Since it's over 18 hours, each episode is slightly over 3 hours (don't know how that remaining half-hour is spread among the five episodes). Isn't that par for the course for the GOTYcasts?

Is this longer than usual for GOTY. 18/5 is 3. Since it's over 18 hours, each episode is slightly over 3 hours (don't know how that remaining half-hour is spread among the five episodes). Isn't that par for the course for the GOTYcasts?

Someone mentioned last year was about 12 hours I think. And I don't remember last years being 3 hours each either.

Myggen

It's longer than usual, yeah. Someone mentioned that it's longer than last year by about 6 hours. The last episode where they discuss the top 10 list is usually the longest, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's 5 hours or something.

Heimbeck

Banned

Syndicate is a 2012 game, not sure why you're thinking about it for GOTY.

jaina

I listened to the "GOTY delib. 2014" last week, and was surprised how soon it was over. Don't have a long commute anymore, but 10 hours listening are quickly achieved over a few days. Even easier if your type of work permits listening.

Myggen

I listened to the "GOTY delib. 2014" last week, and was surprised how soon it was over. Don't have a long commute anymore, but 10 hours listening are quickly achieved over a few days. Even easier if your type of work permits listening.

I've got the whole GOTY period off and don't really have any plans, so...

I hope we get another top 10 list by SWERY.

I'm surprised there's so many people just now finding out about Mary even though it feels like she's been around GB for a while now. I mean, her and Danny have been honorary Duders for years. Maybe it just feels like she's been on more content than she actually has.

danm999

It's that problem Jeff said about struggling to flesh out a top ten in 2014.

Seriously if Brad hadn't filibustered for Destiny it might have taken them under an hour to sort out their top ten and order.

Austin has said for some time that they're planning something like that. Let's hope it's a 2016 thing.

!

Antiwhippy

so, we haven't started working on it, yet, (not past the conceptual phase, anyway) but i thought ren and i were doing it

if you wanna do it, that's coo', though

Oh yeah, btw, do you mind if I do something for the bombcast thread.

I know I've said that I'd do one before but I actually have free time coming up now.

I'm actually now wondering how VR would work in my relatively cramped desktop setup when every one of them needs extra equipment to know where your body position is.

Depends on the kind of games you want to play. So far my favorite experiences have been sit-down cockpit style games that don't really require much room at all.

Antiwhippy

Depends on the kind of games you want to play. So far my favorite experiences have been sit-down cockpit style games that don't really require much room at all.

I definitely require a cockpit
of a different kind.

Nah, in all seriousness, though, I just want to experience it. I want to try all sorts of weird, experimental things. Dunno if I want to do the whole space simulation thing because I'm not really a fan of those games.

I definitely require a cockpit
of a different kind.

Nah, in all seriousness, though, I just want to experience it. I want to try all sorts of weird, experimental things. Dunno if I want to do the whole space simulation thing because I'm not really a fan of those games.
Gross.

I definitely want to try more experiences too, but the "room scale" stuff that has been shown off on Vive is not particularly interesting to me.
Wait... You have a Wheel setup or a HOTAS setup?

HOTAS. I rigged up a new thing on my computer chair, which I posted a picture of on the previous page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom