• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
HOTAS. I rigged up a new thing on my computer chair, which I posted a picture of on the previous page.

I'm dumb... I even looked at your picture but didn't realize it was you lol.

I was about to go DEEP about my Wheel setup but I haven't had a HOTAS setup in years... I used to have a Saitek X-52 but it broke and I never really replaced it.

I'm dumb... I even looked at your picture but didn't realize it was you lol.

I was about to go DEEP about my Wheel setup but I haven't had a HOTAS setup in years... I used to have a Saitek X-52 but it broke and I never really replaced it.

I'd still like to hear a bit about your wheel setup. Any pictures?

I almost got an X-52 but I just had to have all the extra little things on the X-55.

daydream

Banned
don't lie, sleepy, the chair is actually pointed at a huge wall of monitors cause you secretly control the entire country and the video game industry as a whole, don't you

Zaph

daydream

Banned
This weeks Beastcast should have some good discussions about all the Kojima stuff.

what is there to discuss exactly outside of 'kojima obviously founded a new studio and is partnering with sony', something everyone and their dog saw coming

genuine question since i may be out of the loop on that stuff

look ma, i'm on tv!

*slow clap*

holy shit

50ppp master race! /s
Haha, you guys made my night. One of these days people are going to catch on that 1080p projectors are the secret best monitors.
That's kinda ingenious. I have similar Vesa mounts - is the tension in the joint enough to keep the controls in place when moving them around? Or have you modified them?

I had seen similar setups with smaller VESA pole mounts, but I wasn't sure if the dual-arm thing would work. It worked out perfectly though because using these allows me to adjust the height and placement really easily. The joints are actually really stiff, perfectly so as it turns out. Should I be so inclined, though, you can tighten every joint to the point of complete rigidity.

Megasoum

Banned
If you don't mind! I'm curious.

All right here we go.

Pardon the mess and the shitty picture (not great lighting conditions here)

Also, a bunch of prescription drugs on that stool lol

So right now my current setup is:

Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel (XB1/PC)

Thrustmaster Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel rim
(made with real Alcantara leather... That thing is amazing)

Thrustmaster TH8A Add-On Gearbox
(set in sequential right now but it can also do 7 Gears + Reverse).

Pedals are Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V1
(they are up to V3 now but I've had those V1 for like 5 years now)
I use a Basherboards CPX adapter to plug them in the Thrustmaster wheel (I could plug them directly in the PC via USB but then I couldn't use them on the XB1).

My first "pro" wheel was a Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel that I bought around the time Forza 3 came out. As you can probably imagine looking at that picture, those stock Fanatec plastic pedals are TEEERRRIIIIBBLLLEEEE so I upgraded to the Clubsport after I broke TWO sets of those stock pedals in like 1 month... The CSPs have been running great since... knock on wood.

I then eventually swapped that PWTS to a Fanatec CSR. Not a bad wheel.

After a while though I got really fed up with the shoddy build quality and overpriced Fanatec stuff and switched to the Thrustmaster ecosystem (Except for the pedals sets).

My hotas set up is jank as fuck, random woodblock to keep my pedals from sliding around the carpet and wires everywhere when I plug my warthog set up into my keyboard lol.

tchocky

2004 Dan Ryckert presents the greatest games of all time

CWY5ElbUEAE16K1.jpg

I fully approve of this thread becoming a Hotas pissing contest
My set up cost over 600 dollars woot woot. More if you count the Oculus DK2 :p
I had a good job at the time I bought it.

I need to actually play more flight simulators, bought that recent IL-2 game earlier this year and have put like 30 minutes into it. Tsk tsk tsk.

All right here we go.
[SNIP]

Whoa, a lot going on here! Is that the Sony 3D TV thing that they announced at E3 years ago? I assume the wheel and shifter clamp onto the desk, right? And Is that a subwoofer but no other speakers? I love that you have your meds on the stool like "Hey, check out my drugs."

I fully approve of this thread becoming a Hotas pissing contest

I would totally be into that.

My set up cost over 600 dollars woot woot. More if you count the Oculus DK2 :p
I had a good job at the time I bought it.

Pictures, bruh. Put up or shut up!

The best three Mario games ever made are Super Mario Kart, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Bros. 2.

2004 Dan Ryckert was weird.

also Dan since you're here the only reason I didn't know how the Armageddan was possible was because I forgot spike helmets could destroy blocks so now I think Patrick's going to beat that shit

Megasoum

Banned
Whoa, a lot going on here! Is that the Sony 3D TV thing that they announced at E3 years ago? I assume the wheel and shifter clamp onto the desk, right? And Is that a subwoofer but no other speakers? I love that you have your meds on the stool like "Hey, check out my drugs."

Haha the meds were not on purpose, I realized after I took and uploaded the picture. I just leave them there so that I don't forget to take those fucking drops in my eyes every 4 hours because of the Lasik I got last week... Man I hate eye drops... anyway

Yes this is the Sony Playstation Tv

It's an all right little tv... Only problem I have with it is that it's a fucking mirror when it's turned off so I pretty much always leave it on.

Yes both the wheel and the shifter are clamped.

And lol... Yes this is an old subwoofer.without speakers... I use headphones only nowadays but I kept the woofer as a foot rest lol. It's not even plugged into anything.

danm999

The best three Mario games ever made are Super Mario Kart, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Bros. 2.

2004 Dan Ryckert was weird.

I am with him on Super Mario Kart and SMB2, but I still think Mario 64 is superior to Sunshine.

And kudos to him for putting Red Alert 2 in the top 10, that game is amazing.

I wonder how that list would look now with MGS3, MGS4 and MGSV out though, I have to imagine they'd round out the top five.

Joeku

So I just played the first three hours of Yakuza 1 that I bought from the Blockbuster I worked at in 2008 for $5, and then I stopped and am now about to open up and continue playing Undertale, which I got a couple hours into last night. All while drinking Mike's Hard Black Cherry Lemonade, cuz I don't have work tomorrow. I'll probably continue marathoning Lucha Underground whilst playing Invisible Inc in an hour or two.

Get like me, Internet.

I am with him on Super Mario Kart and SMB2, but I still think Mario 64 is superior to Sunshine.

If there's a Mode 7 racing game making my list of the best games ever made, it's F-Zero. SMK is good, but it's held back by its technical limitations much more than F-Zero or any of the other Mario Kart games.

Super Mario Bros 2 is an all-time great, though, no doubt about that.

So I just played the first three hours of Yakuza 1 that I bought from the Blockbuster I worked at in 2008 for $5, and then I stopped and am now about to open up and continue playing Undertale, which I got a couple hours into last night. All while drinking Mike's Hard Black Cherry Lemonade, cuz I don't have work tomorrow. I'll probably continue marathoning Lucha Underground whilst playing Invisible Inc in an hour or two.

Get like me, Internet.

Mike's Hard is barely a "I don't have work tomorrow" drink

Haha the meds were not on purpose, I realized after I took and uploaded the picture. I just leave them there so that I don't forget to take those fucking drops in my eyes every 4 hours because of the Lasik I got last week... Man I hate eye drops... anyway

Yes this is the Sony Playstation Tv

It's an all right little tv... Only problem I have with it is that it's a fucking mirror when it's turned off so I pretty much always leave it on.

Yes both the wheel and the shifter are clamped.

And lol... Yes this is an old subwoofer.without speakers... I use headphones only nowadays but I kept the woofer as a foot rest lol. It's not even plugged into anything.

I hate eye drops too. I also had to leave ear drops in for 40 minutes a few weeks ago and it was miserable. Haha, great use of subwoofer. Do you leave the wheel there all the time?

danm999

If there's a Mode 7 racing game making my list of the best games ever made, it's F-Zero. SMK is good, but it's held back by its technical limitations much more than F-Zero or any of the other Mario Kart games.

Ah you're right, F-Zero is really, really good. I couldn't decide between it and SMK without going back and playing both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom