• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so weird seeing Patrick on his streams do the whole Twitch thing of like being overly animated, thanking everyone for subscribing, talking about custom emotes.

I don't necessarily begrudge him it, if the opportunity presents itself then go for it. It's just a bit surreal and awkward to watch.
Gotta chase that pewdiepie audience.

It's so weird seeing Patrick on his streams do the whole Twitch thing of like being overly animated, thanking everyone for subscribing, talking about custom emotes.

I don't necessarily begrudge him it, if the opportunity presents itself then go for it. It's just a bit surreal and awkward to watch.

Gross...that sounds like all the things I hate about twitch all wrapped into one sentence.

Its 2015, here is what released on Steam today:

Turok Remake
Bubsy Remake
New Kunio-kun game.

NaWBZzE.gif

According to popular video games database, Giant Bomb, the Kunio-kun game is not necessarily new, as it apparently released on the PS3 (PSN) back in March in Japan, and October in the US.

popo

well it wasn't as if SD cost Square Enix a whole lot since most of its development was paid by Activision back when it was a True Crime game. I can't imagine this was a costly venture for SE unless Activision crushed the shit out of them in that deal

I don't think they lost out but they will look at the sales and then the budget of making a whole new game, plus the cost of tying up that capital, and I think it would be hard to justify investing in a new Sleepy Dogs.

Whiskey Media sites dropping like flies.

Comic Vine still gets a lot of traffic. It is more that GS and CV are going to share content by merging editorial. CV already does movie reviews so if, for better of worse, GS is getting in to the "general entertainment" area then it makes sense.

I understand GBwest is busy with settling into the new floor and all, but I am STARVING for new content >_< Hasn't even been much output from GBeast this week.

Are they still doing GOTY stuff? I'd like some content.

It is like this every year around this time. With the move and 18 hours of podcasts it sounds like they are even more behind this year. Plus Brad (maybe also Dan) are leaving on Friday, so today is pretty much the last time to get any of that recorded. I don't know much recording East is going for GOTY but I am sure they have a lot they want to do before everyone takes off.

With the video guys busy and everyone else gone, I am hoping for at least one long bootleg Jeff/Rorie stream next week.

So probably something similar to last years stuff?

That might be a bit too ambitious. They recorded that stuff solo but someone was filming on pro camera gear and it was heavily edited.

I would set expectations more at two years ago when they did skits from a couch set. Solo filming was likely bootsie, a family member a camcorder/iphone type thing.

TraBuch

Banned

There's no doubt in my mind that if Patrick wasn't a part of GB, people would be shitting all over him. Not including those weird people that shit on everything he did when he was at GB.

The fact there is no video proof of anyone solving Dans new level legitimately (including Dan himself) makes me think the only way to do it is with a exploit. But only a exploit he thinks is ok and not the one people are using.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
The fact there is no video proof of anyone solving Dans new level legitimately (including Dan himself) makes me think the only way to do it is with a exploit. But only a exploit he thinks is ok and not the one people are using.

There are no exploits and no glitches in the level. There was one unintended way to beat it that involved Yoshi, but I fixed that and re-uploaded the correct version this morning.

dude his youtube stuff is completely harmless. maybe a little awkward at times, but on a scale of youtube "stars," there's nothing to shit on him about.

people are weird

popo

The timer thing will undo a lot of people. Didn't Dan say that even knowing every trick he was still pushing it for time.

There are no exploits and no glitches in the level. There was one unintended way to beat it that involved Yoshi, but I fixed that and re-uploaded the correct version this morning.

I think he meant exploits that you have not found yet :D Not suggesting you built in a cheat so you could post it.

dude his youtube stuff is completely harmless. maybe a little awkward at times, but on a scale of youtube "stars," there's nothing to shit on him about.

people are weird

when has that ever stopped anyone. I don't think he has changed much - except maybe asking for subs. He always played to the cameras on Spookin', for example.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
The timer thing will undo a lot of people. Didn't Dan say that even knowing every trick he was still pushing it for time.

I think he meant exploits that you have not found yet :D Not suggesting you built in a cheat so you could post it.

I saw that a couple of people already beat the new version this morning. One had 2 seconds left on the clock, the other had 135. I can usually get to the last area with 40 or 50 seconds left.

tchocky

There's no doubt in my mind that if Patrick wasn't a part of GB, people would be shitting all over him. Not including those weird people that shit on everything he did when he was at GB.

People shit on Patrick all the time, for singing during the intro, talking too much, not talking enough thanking people for subscribing.

Chuck

Still without luck
so i just got mario maker

it seems like everything is either self playing or fuck hard

where's the regular levels?

Meneses

Do you think this preliminary round of "playtesting" by other people could be seen as an unfair advantage, or do you think it ends up on equal footing with a potential edit mode peek by Patrick?

Is this basically a no-holds-barred, anything-goes event?

popo

Gamespot teasing it out like a burlesque dancer.

Countdown: #25 - #21
We kick of our Top 25 Games of the Year list by unveiling our pick for numbers 25 to 21. What games made the cut?

25. ASSASSIN'S CREED SYNDICATE

24. EVOLVE

23. HALO 5: GUARDIANS

22. HEROES OF THE STORM

21. PROJECT CARS

lol, Evolve. Glad to see someone still cares about that game I guess.

Chuck

Still without luck
it seems to me that people that only make hard as hell levels don't know how to actually design a good level, so they just make it as close to impossible as possible.

cuz whoa dude this is sooooo hard!!!1

it seems to me that people that only make hard as hell levels don't know how to actually design a good level, so they just make it as close to impossible as possible.

cuz whoa dude this is sooooo hard!!!1

I find that playing the 10-100 mario level challenges tend to be a good way to encounter more reasonable stages. Otherwise, you get stupid meme/fuck-all hard/gimmick shit that isn't what I come to a mario game for.

i mean you'll still get those but there's less of them, at least from my own experiences

Bladelaw

so i just got mario maker

it seems like everything is either self playing or fuck hard

where's the regular levels?

I make a 50/50 ratio of "regular" levels to fuck hard levels. Much like the GB crew my pain in the ass levels are intended for a specific friend. I can't remember but it might be possible to see who a specific person follows or levels they've starred. Jeff's list is actually really decent. There's also a great level exchange group on the Mario Maker subreddit full of quality stages. The problem is punching in all the codes. Ideally the web app that Nintendo announced will solve a lot of those problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom