• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you had (round, fairly large food item), turns out you're only packing (much smaller but similar food item).

That tater tot stuff was pretty much the worst thing I've seen since I started watching at the start of the year

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

FINALE GIANT BOMB SHOW

Thank you for everything GB.

Wait a minute, they're closing out the year by playing Ys?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They talked about how they were still doing some filming for the GOTY stuff at the end of the Bombcast, so they're doing something.
I guess that's what they've been working on this week, explains the silence. I was surprised to hear Brad talk about filming something himself.

daydream

Banned
Don't tease me I actually went to the site to check god damnit

0uVP7go.gif

Wait a minute, they're closing out the year by playing Ys?

I played some Ys on my Vita last night. Its real good.

Roman's own momentum and appeal was undermined by such a sudden inorganic push. If they'd have let him continue building support and overness organically like he was, he'd be even more over now. But he's still made the best of a bad situation and good on him for it. He's not some ultra technical wrestler and promo-wise the longer he goes the worse it gets, but he's a really good storyteller when he gets the right platform and opponent. Remember when he and Big Show had a match of the night at some PPV this past year? Or him vs. Bryan? Or him vs. Lesnar? Dude is really solid and only getting better.

Agree with all of this. He's in a much different place between early this year and right now. His mic work is still real bad when it goes on for longer than a minute though. That tator tot speech was so bad and it kept going for like 5 minutes.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The funniest Star Wars spoiler I've seen so far was the toy that had people (including Disney) freaking out when pictures got posted.

justjim89

GOTY can't come soon enough, I couldn't care less about Star Wars and it's all anyone is gonna be talking about for a month. Trying not to be shitty about it but man it's annoying.

GOTY can't come soon enough, I couldn't care less about Star Wars and it's all anyone is gonna be talking about for a month. Trying not to be shitty about it but man it's annoying.

Agreed. After my last final tomorrow, I'm just gonna sink my head into video games and GB content so its not like it matters.

daydream

Banned
hey daydream they just added the badge arcade bunny to super mario maker

would've expected it to have a better name than "Arcade bunny"

yeah, i know. it actually popped up in badge centre first as part of the mario maker cabinets

also pretty sure the bunny's name is bunny badgegrab so i'm not sure why they didn't go with that

I mean, if we lived in a universe in which Star Wars wasn't just a collective dream pushed by marketers to make us think we love something that didn't exist, I would be down. Like if Star Wars was a successful movie franchise or something that would be one thing, but I don't think a single Star Wars movie exists, and none of it is real.

I've managed to avoid all of the Star Wars marketing hype up until now other than seeing a few people be excited and now a few people saying "I've seen it"

It's really not that hard to ignore.

No_Style

Yup, it's great, I'm watching the 2nd episode and all this tilt, thruster, detach, booster and strut talk is mind-bogglingly fun.

On the flip side, I'm watching the Rainbow Six: Siege video bless their effort and good intentions but there was too much bumbling around and trying to make sense of a game geared for competitive play and that's it. It was like they're trying to lay out a story to make sense of DOTA2. I'm not even well versed in what Siege is going for and it was a little tough to watch.

Tubobutts

I pulled a Brad and read all the spoilers and probably won't see the movie until January. People who care about spoilers don't make any sense to me. Do you try to go through the rest of your life in a state of eternal surprise? I'm not going to spoil people and be a jerk, but I don't get it.

FluxWaveZ

I pulled a Brad and read all the spoilers and probably won't see the movie until January. People who care about spoilers don't make any sense to me. Do you try to go through the rest of your life in a state of eternal surprise? I'm not going to spoil people and be a jerk, but I don't get it.

But Brad cares about spoilers.

Tubobutts

I thought Brad said he didn't care and read all the Star Wars spoilers already? When Rorie was talking about how he hadn't even seen a trailer.

FluxWaveZ

I thought Brad said he didn't care and read all the Star Wars spoilers already? When Rorie was talking about how he hadn't even seen a trailer.

Oh, yeah, I do vaguely recall that. But I just meant that there've been several times Brad has very much cared about something not being spoiled for him. I personally get more enjoyment out of a work when I don't know what to expect going in.

For some it won't impact their enjoyment, but for some reason or another I won't be able to stop thinking about the spoiler as I watch/play whatever was spoiled and that annoys me. So if I was spoiled to something, I just won't watch/play it and hope one day I'll forget it.

Granted, that's if I care enough about something to be annoyed that I was spoiled to it. I couldn't care less if someone spoiled star wars or something else idc about.

StoveOven

Banned

Agreed. I like being surprised, but if I already know I enjoy seeing how they pull it off.

Jintor

yes actually.

being amazed and astounded by something unexpected is an emotion that's difficult to replicate, and for that reason, I like to avoid spoilers where I can

TraBuch

Banned
So I just watched the pilot episode of The Magicians, which is pretty good btw, and it reminds me how annoyed I am that there was never a great Bully-ish Harry Potter game.

Tubobutts

yes actually.

being amazed and astounded by something unexpected is an emotion that's difficult to replicate, and for that reason, I like to avoid spoilers where I can

Gross. But let me ask you this, do you consider any sort of information to be a spoiler? Like i can understand if you don't want to know who Luke's father is*, but would you consider it a spoiler if someone told you that Star Wars probably takes place in space and there are swords made out of lasers?

*And even for something like that I still don't really care, because I think if the best part of your story is that there is a twist, the story is probably not very good.

Moldiver

I finished Yakuza 3...it's was awesome, 4 is in my PS+ so went to install it, not enough space...I've got 27GB and this needs 22GB. Guessing it download the full 22GB then installs so I'll need double.

I've got a 40GB ps phat, think I might just get a slim and swap this out.

Jintor

Gross. But let me ask you this, do you consider any sort of information to be a spoiler? Like i can understand if you don't want to know who Luke's father is*, but would you consider it a spoiler if someone told you that Star Wars probably takes place in space and there are swords made out of lasers?

*And even for something like that I still don't really care, because I think if the best part of your story is that there is a twist, the story is probably not very good.

There's a fine line between 'knowing the basic premise of a thing' and 'knowing information that constitutes a spoiler'. Like, I need to know the premise of a thing before I can decide if I think i'd like to experience it or not. For example, I guess a crazy person could say "Life is Strange involves time travel" would be a spoiler, but for me, that's basic premise.

I agree that if the 'best part of the story is that there is a twist' would be a bad situation to be in, but it's not that I think the twist is the best part; it's that I'd like to experience the twist instead of spend the entire movie/whatever anticipating it. I can always do that after I've seen the twist, after all.

Jintor

So I just watched the pilot episode of The Magicians, which is pretty good btw, and it reminds me how annoyed I am that there was never a great Bully-ish Harry Potter game.

this would be so sick gawddamn

whippy, i'll take this persona game, you do the rhythm sections

wait what if rhythm is magic

Is there ever an appropriate use of "gross" on GAF? Because if so, I've never seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom