• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
9x5Cbe6.png

Knife is still the logical choice over bat.

The bat is a skill and strength based weapon with a low DPS.
Knife is dex based with a high DPS and low skill.

With the bat you need to win with the first hit. You miss and your fucked. If you want to take the other guy out your only option is the head and it better be a real solid hit as well.

With the knife you just got to get past the guard and go start slashing and stabbing. The cost of missing once wont kill you and its easier to dodge a bat swing then it is to dodge 5 knife stabs at close range.

A solid hit from a bat is going to crumple most people, leaving them open for a follow-up while they're writhing on the ground in pain. You don't even need to aim for the head. You cannot tank a hit from a bat. Conversely, actually killing someone with a knife, especially a six-inch one, is way harder than it looks in movies. You're not taking someone down in one or even five stabs, and consider that they're also struggling against you, further decreasing your accuracy. Pick the bat.

I feel like I've typed this exact thing before the last time this came up...

A solid hit from a bat is going to crumple most people, leaving them open for a follow-up while they're writhing on the ground in pain. You don't even need to aim for the head. You cannot tank a hit from a bat. Conversely, actually killing someone with a knife, especially a six-inch one, is way harder than it looks in movies. You're not taking someone down in one or even five stabs, and consider that they're also struggling against you, further decreasing your accuracy. Pick the bat.

Getting a good hit with a bat in a real fight scenario would be tricky though. You will be moving a lot. A bat is traditionally best used when stationary. Heck. You take a powerful swing and your feet are not firmly planted and you will fall on your ass and are done for

Each swing wuth a bat is high risk but high reward.

I am more confident in my ability to take a weak bat hit from someone who couldn't get a good swing then I am on my ability to get a good hit with the bat in a hectic fight

Wunder

#TeamBat

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
There's too much dust on the PS3 for that!
GBE had to get rid of all that dust for the Yakuza 5 QL though!
This game is worms + xcom and it rules. You can do all kinds of mlg montage trickshots where you bounce your bullets of the walls to get headshots. Also, you can put dozens of different hats on your characters, which you collect by shooting a hair above your enemies' heads and knocking their hats off.
That's the game which Dan played on UPF a while ago, right?

justjim89

Guys, I have an important update to my review of the GB vintage logo zip up hoodie. In putting it through the washer and dryer, the hood's drawstring came out and I had to spend a half hour getting back in.

3/5: Destined to stay unwashed forever

Guys, I have an important update to my review of the GB vintage logo zip up hoodie. In putting it through the washer and dryer, the hood's drawstring came out and I had to spend a half hour getting back in.

tie the string in a knot before you wash it, dingus

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Do people actually bother to put the drawstring back into hoodies? I just throw the string away.

Maybe hold out for some potential Beastcast discussion?

I can't figure out if any of the crew would get hooked into it because none of them really seem to enjoy character action anymore.

Austin is the best I can figure but he does seem to be sensitive to "jank" or lack of polish.

I think Vinny could at least make fun of it well.

I can't figure out if any of the crew would get hooked into it because none of them really seem to enjoy character action anymore.

Austin is the best I can figure but he does seem to be sensitive to "jank" or lack of polish.

I think Vinny could at least make fun of it well.

Yeah, I was thinking that there might be at least a small chance that they mention they recorded a quick look to go up at the weekend or next week.

When it comes to GB content I'm quite delusional, though. For example MGS V for GOTY!

Yeah, Mary should totally be on the Bombcast more often.

Or better yet, GameSpot needs to become a better venue for Danny and Kish's talents.

Danny mentioned that they were thinking about starting a podcast a while back, not with him though- likely other GS people like Mary, Chris Watters, Fake Drew, Eric Tay etc.
Must have been nixed by the head honchos.

FStop7

Banned
This game is worms + xcom and it rules. You can do all kinds of mlg montage trickshots where you bounce your bullets of the walls to get headshots. Also, you can put dozens of different hats on your characters, which you collect by shooting a hair above your enemies' heads and knocking their hats off.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

I'm investigating this _now_.

AcridMeat

Banned
KishCast is best cast.
Yeeeaaaaaaaaaah! Hope they get her on more often.
Danny mentioned that they were thinking about starting a podcast a while back, not with him though- likely other GS people like Mary, Chris Watters, Fake Drew, Eric Tay etc.
Must have been nixed by the head honchos.
As listenable as a GS cast with Manny O'Dwisher would be, I could see it not making much business sense for CBSi.

Have they announced when their GOTY coverage starts? I was hoping it would be next week as it's always the week of Christmas but it isn't on their schedule yet.

Brashnir

well, if you're not into the platforming to begin with, then i can't really do much to convince you

a way to stock up on stages to play back-to-back would be nice, though, no argument there

Who says I'm not into platforming? I'm way into platforming - it's one of my favorite genres.

The problem is that the platforming in the vast majority of levels in this game sucks, and it's not worth going through a bunch of crap to get to the decent stuff, when - again - I can just load up a different platformer that doesn't suck.

Zaph

Thirty episodes already. Time flies. I feel old

Edit: oh shit, Bakalar secretly hates giant Bomb

edit edit: ugh, Austin has a copy of Dragon's Dogma on PC. fucker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom