• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a lot of ferrying different items across the level, running through the same sections several times without getting hit.

I didn't like it.
I'm not a big fan of ferrying items across a level. I dunno, for me the best "hard" levels in a Mario game were the Special stages in smw. Those things were equal parts amazing and controller smashing.

Wonder how many Star Wars games Brad will play on upf today.

Haunted

I'm not a big fan of ferrying items across a level. I dunno, for me the best "hard" levels in a Mario game were the Special stages in smw. Those things were equal parts amazing and controller smashing.

Wonder how many Star Wars games Brad will play on upf today.
I'm willing to give it a pass because it was never intended to be a "good" level, just a level that frustrates Patrick Klepek so much that he doesn't want to clear it and gives up. It's probably impossible to make a good level that achieves that, so there it is.

The GAF thread has some great levels with solid level design, theming, secrets and still good overall pacing. Jarosh in particular has made some really clever levels with great aesthetic theming that still provide a decent challenge, but there are a handful of creators I've followed and have been delighted by whenever a new level pops up.

jgminto

I just finished Yakuza 2 and I would resubscribe to see a GB playthrough of this series. That was some of the most amazing shit I have ever seen.

Knife is still the logical choice over bat.

The bat is a skill and strength based weapon with a low DPS.
Knife is dex based with a high DPS and low skill.

With the bat you need to win with the first hit. You miss and your fucked. If you want to take the other guy out your only option is the head and it better be a real solid hit as well.
I dunno, I feel you can try and keep the maniac with the knife at bay by using the bat as a jabbing tool. Jab, stun, and swing.

Scizzy

The next time they're looking for a new hire and some dumby says something like "I'm not sexist, but I really think having a woman around would hurt the vibe of the group," I'm going to post 100 links to the Kishcast.

On an unrelated Kishcast note, am I crazy or does Mary have the same cadence as Drew? Is this some video editor thing?

The next time they're looking for a new hire and some dumby says something like "I'm not sexist, but I really think having a woman around would hurt the vibe of the group," I'm going to post 100 links to the Kishcast.

On an unrelated Kishcast note, am I crazy or does Mary have the same cadence as Drew? Is this some video editor thing?

Has there been many people that have said that? I feel like most of that was saying they would probably hire more on how they vibe with someone instead of aiming for just hiring a woman for diversities sake. I'm sure people have said don't hire a women, but I feel like there wasn't all that much.

People know that you don't have to take a big swing to fuck someone up with a bat right?

That's why you make the fight between a knife and a wiffel ball bat. Now that's an interesting fight. It may end in seconds, but it should at least be interesting.

2dfvhxH.png

demidar

I dunno, I feel you can try and keep the maniac with the knife at bay by using the bat as a jabbing tool. Jab, stun, and swing.

If the batsman was smart, he'd aim for the legs. You can dodge and weave head shots, but they will have to jump completely out of the way if they don't want to be crippled in the knees.

That said I'd take my chances with the knife.

Suplexer

BLOPS 3 is the first game in a long while that has me sitting in Starbucks before work wishing I could get in another round, since my short stint with Rocket League.

I haven't played a cawadooty game since MW 2 but I'm surprised Jeff wasn't too keen on this one. Was AW that much better that it skewed his opinion on this release?

BLOPS 3 is the first game in a long while that has me sitting in Starbucks before work wishing I could get in another round, since my short stint with Rocket League.

I haven't played a cawadooty game since MW 2 but I'm surprised Jeff wasn't too keen on this one. Was AW that much better that it skewed his opinion on this release?

I also preferred my time with BLOPS 3 over AW but I didn't even pick up BLOPS 3 because COD fatigue is real. Even with all the changes, I'm just tired of playing those games.

AW felt like the movement stuff was bolted onto the MP instead of developed from the ground up and it shows in some of its maps (detroit probably being the perfect example of a map that looks like it was made before the movement stuff was incorporated).

BLOPS 3 clearly feels developed from the ground up with its movement mechanics and the maps definitely feel a lot better for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom