• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I played the game exclusivly in offline mode, never built a fob and never had anything taken away or moved to a non exsisting fob, neither have I noticed any new cap on gmp or slowed down progression.
Offline the game is still as it was when it launched.

From everything I've heard (Don't know personally as I played online prior to them ruining FOBs), there is a cap on offline resources and the rest are 'stored' online. There is no way to avoid that. Maybe you never hit it, but many players have and complained.

Maybe it's misinformation, but I've heard it happening to enough people that I'm inclined to believe it.

Santar

From everything I've heard (Don't know personally as I played online prior to them ruining FOBs), there is a cap on offline resources and the rest are 'stored' online. There is no way to avoid that. Maybe you never hit it, but many players have and complained.

As far as I know there was always a cap on gmp from the start, I have not noticed it changing.
From what I understand the game takes stuff away from you if you go offline during a game after having been online where you already have a fob.
If you select decline from the game startup you should be good.
There is no way for the game to store resources online if you have no fob online to store the resources in, kinda makes sense doesn't it?

yami4ct

As far as I know there was always a cap on gmp from the start, I have not noticed it changing.
From what I understand the game takes stuff away from you if you go offline during a game after having been online where you already have a fob.

In that case, it's still a shit move that makes the game worse. FOBs allow you to progress in SP faster and taking that progress away from players that want to avoid the crap Konami has thrown in sucks and it's absolutely a worthy complaint. The game is still awesome, but it sucks what's happened to it.

Austin should write an article criticising Star Wars: Battlefront and call it Walker Assault.
Goddamn.
There is no way for the game to store resources online if you have no fob online to store the resources in, kinda makes sense doesn't it?
I don't know about resources, but since there's a limited amount of room for personnel on your base that can from a certain point only be increased with FOBs it's going to be a lot easier to reach high levels for R&D etc.. Not sure if it's actually impossible to research the highest level stuff without any FOBs.
Well that sucks. What am I supposed to do on a Friday evening without Giant Bomb content to watch?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Maybe it's misinformation, but I've heard it happening to enough people that I'm inclined to believe it.

Sure there is. Cheat engine the fuck out of that bullshit and get what you need immediately without the grinding nonsense.

yami4ct

Sure there is. Cheat engine the fuck out of that bullshit and get what you need immediately without the grinding nonsense.

That's the answer on PC of course. FOB is ruined on PC by cheaters since the beginning so no use trying to engage with it at all. The fact they are asking for tons of microtransaction money on PC and won't do the base amount of work to keep cheaters in check is gross as hell.

I think there is value in the development lock-offs and time because it keeps a progression going, but Konami clearly doesn't care about that balance anyway.

You guys I finished The Witcher 3.

Merry Witchmas. As someone who has played about 10 hrs of witcher 1 about a month ago and enjoyed that, but then started playing other more recent things (like fallout: New Vegas and undertale) where does the witcher series rank on a backlog scale of 1-10? Should I go back witching before or after new vegas?

Do the DLC yet?

Nope, gonna start it after Christmas. But I've done basically every sidequest in the base game short of the horse races.

Now imagine if you stopped playing 1 mission before you
find Ciri and all the cool shit that follows
and that is Dans experience with the game.

I get what people were saying about how the story gets awesome right after where he's at, but it's funny in retrospect that people were saying he was "near the end of the game." I played for like another 20 hours past that point before everything finished up. Considering he was bored of the game at that point I don't think it would have been worth it for him to push through.

tuxfool

Banned
I get what people were saying about how the story gets awesome right after where he's at, but it's funny in retrospect that people were saying he was "near the end of the game." I played for like another 20 hours past that point before everything finished up. Considering he was bored of the game at that point I don't think it would have been worth it for him to push through.

It doesn't have to take you 20 hours after doing that, it just happened to be the case for you. Also for some people the story can carry a lot. There is a lot of good stuff that happens immediately after the point where he was at.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
GB's most watched Youtube videos are fascinating. I wonder how some of them came to be. 800.000 views for the A-10C Warhog DCS video for example. Why? Is it cause a bunch of A-10C fans typed it into Youtube and that came up? Or is it just a popular video? One would think an hour long video about a hardcore flight simulator is not necessarily Youtube material, right?

It's gotta be "Giant Bomb #19 | We fucking made you, Gerstmann!".

Where's that from?

GB's most watched Youtube videos are fascinating. I wonder how some of them came to be. 800.000 views for the A-10C Warhog DCS video for example. Why? Is it cause a bunch of A-10C fans typed it into Youtube and that came up? Or is it just a popular video? One would think an hour long video about a hardcore flight simulator is not necessarily Youtube material, right?

Where's that from?

This whole thing.

tumblr_mo9qqspNVN1r9zdybo1_500.gif

Any clue as to when the Devil's Third quicklook is going to hit? Only interested in seeing it after they talked about on the Beastcast today.

They scrapped the Quick Look in favour of doing a full Endurance Run through the game. It's not under the Endurance Run name, though, but an entirely new format called "Delight Club".

LiK

hopefully it's a long QL cuz i'll never play it. I wanted it at discount and considering how scarce physical copies are and eShop barely having any good sales, it'll be LP fodder for me.

Xater

hopefully it's a long QL cuz i'll never play it. I wanted it at discount and considering how scarce physical copies are and eShop barely having any good sales, it'll be LP fodder for me.

I've been watching the Super Best Friends play through it. Makes for a fun watch. Lots of bad Russian accents.

Since this is the thread where we talk about YouTube Personality (TM) Patrick Klepek, let me just say I hope he goes back to giving more creators a try. His latest obsession with Stank does nothing for me. His levels aren't particularly interesting and it seems Patrick just loves him because they aren't levels that try to beat him over the head with difficulty. That's a great design philosophy, but his levels never come off as all that inventive or interesting to watch for me.

Jeff's DoubleHeader level and Stank's levels are some of the most fun levels I've played in Mario Maker.

If any of you duders are into some good ol' puzzle games, definitely check out The Talos Principle. I picked it up for $20 during this PSN sale and already put something like 8 hours in the past day, which I rarely do. I had watched the PC QL a while back and thought it looked cool and it is absolutely great. It teeters the line of "wait, did I cheese that?" (you didn't) and "I'm an idiot, nope, I'm actually a genius" (you're probably still an idiot) incredibly well. The environment are beautiful, the story is interesting, and it's properly logic driven so it feels entirely fair. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom