• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

Alright guys, time to extrapolate what the GOTY theme will be based on the thumbnail.

Construction workers sitting on a girder?

Biohazard zone?

Post apocalyptic?

Crime scene?

Also hey. Can someone quickly explain what Kingdom Hearts is about?

I played the first game a decade ago but dont member a lot other then I think Mickey Mouse got trapped in hell at the end and that was kinda dark and cool. Never got around to 2 and the HD versions got released on the PS3 after I already moved onto PS4 and Square doesnt seem to want to give me thouse games on PS4 yet.

How deep do you want to go? Here's a very brief, chronological history.

-Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - An evil wizard menaces three friends so he can make a super-powerful key sword.

-Kingdom Hearts - A cabal of Disney villains is manipulated into menacing three friends by an evil wizard so he can open a door to Kingdom Hearts, the heart of all worlds.

-Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories - Everyone loses their memories and engages in card battles. A red mummy conspires with Mickey Mouse to stop a gang of shiftless OCs in black coats.

-Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days - A young man is indoctrinated into the black coat gang and has nominally important misadventures.

-Kingdom Hearts II - The red mummy clumsily attempts to stop an evil wizard in a black cloak's plan to manipulate three friends with key swords into murdering shadow monsters so that he can absorb Kingdom Hearts, which is actually just the moon from the first game's box art.

-Kingdom Hearts: Coded - Mickey Mouse conspires with Jiminy Cricket to use computers to figure out what the hell is even happening in the series.

-Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance - An evil wizard manipulates time to further convolute the story.

daydream

Banned
So... basic questions.

Why are final fantasy characters hanging around with Daffy Duck?

tumblr_n8hslxXBIU1tql7k7o3_1280.jpg

dethpicable!

So... basic questions.

Why are final fantasy characters hanging around with Daffy Duck?

Do the keyblades fit in a corresponding lock?

There are different worlds, usually based on Disney movies, in the game universe. Some people, including Mickey Mouse and his friends, have figured out how to travel between worlds. Donald Duck and Goofy set out in search of Mickey, who has gone missing, and interact with many different worlds. Some of those have Final Fantasy characters.

I'm pretty sure keyblades can open any lock.

So the latest GBEast playdate for Life is Strange has been in the QL category for a couple days now. At first I thought it was a bug, but now... I dunno.

Site is strange, Dave.

jaina

Ahead of the forum's official goty stuff I'd be interested in seeing, say, some top 3s from this community. I have mine locked down already. You?
I quickly ordered my list and my current top 3 is:
1) Tales from the Borderlands 2) Life is Strange 3) Splatoon

Still not locked down, I haven't played Undertale yet and only 20 hours of XCX.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm really not sure I'm a fan of the video podcast idea...

Sure it will be novel at first but it's 100x more inconvenient to watch a video than listen to a podcast on the phone.

I'm sure they'll be careful to keep it as "audio focused" as possible but I'm sure we'll still end up missing funny stuff if we don't watch the video version.

It's a real bummer.

I totally get what people are saying about Battlefront now that i've seen star wars. It's sort of tempting to me at 33% off on origin right now, even though I know it's starving for content.

Tubobutts

I'm really not sure I'm a fan of the video podcast idea...

Sure it will be novel at first but it's 100x more inconvenient to watch a video than listen to a podcast on the phone.

I'm sure they'll be careful to keep it as "audio focused" as possible but I'm sure we'll still end up missing funny stuff if we don't watch the video version.

It's a real bummer.

I'm with you. Listening to the podcast is one of my motivations for exercising, so I hope that the video version doesn't end up being the main focus. It's probably pretty hard to play basketball while watching a video.

This probably won't happen because Giant Bomb has always put up long videos, but I'm kind of worried that having the podcast be filmed would make them more likely to be shorter.

I'm with you. Listening to the podcast is one of my motivations for exercising, so I hope that the video version doesn't end up being the main focus. It's probably pretty hard to play basketball while watching a video.

This probably won't happen because Giant Bomb has always put up long videos, but I'm kind of worried that having the podcast be filmed would make them more likely to be shorter.
I don't know if Jeff mentioned it but then there's also the need to edit the video podcast, too. So that definitely makes it much more of an effort.

fuzzyset

PAX South schedule is out. No GB panel :( Any word if they're gonna show at all? Jeff said he was definitely out, but the others sounded interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom