• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
So I'm listening to the old "This Year" Best of bombcast compilations and now the result is that, even if I have a TON of recent games still to play (Tales from the Borderlands, Undertale, Assassin's Creed, Fallout 4, Witcher 3)... All I want to do during my 2 weeks vacation is replay the Mass Effect trilogy... Well mostly 2 and 3 really but anyway.

FOR FUCK SAKE Bioware.. God dammit, the Mass Effect DLCs are still sold for "Bioware Points"... Even on Origin. This is fucking dumb.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The goal was to get it to a point where the video podcast required a minimum amount of work. So I expect Brad will do the audio and Drew will do the video. The video podcast will probably be pretty unedited.

Unedited, until somebody goes and edits a video made only of footage cut from the audio bombcast and posts it on Youtube. Awkward pauses where ads would go, uhs, and bathroom breaks everywhere.

popo

Don't kid yourself about a raw footage video podcast. With that many people I doubt you could get away with a one camera setup. It is going to be work for someone.

I'd like just one video podcast, so I can get an idea of what it's like, then go straight back to audio-only.

Wasn't Drew's North Korea travel show filmed in the podcast studio? The old one anyway.

What I don't like about video podcasts is that they are far more impractical to watch and I fear that I would always feel like I'm missing out on something when listening to the audio version.

You would need to make peace with it. Unless you religiously watch/listen to every single thing they put out e.g. all the premium podcasts, every Jeff mixlr. You are already missing out of something.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This is great (via Twitter)

CWk3RfgVAAApFEy.png:large
That's probably my favourite fan art ever, so well done.

Megasoum

Banned
You would need to make peace with it. Unless you religiously watch/listen to every single thing they put out e.g. all the premium podcasts, every Jeff mixlr. You are already missing out of something.

Yeah I know. I'm already skipping some stuff because of lack of time but anyway..

Like someone else said earlier. I'm sure that anything special happening on the video version will end up on GBUnarchived ornon Myggen's channel.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
And we're back. Ugh, I hate it when NeoGAF goes down.

It's terrible. Giantbomb doesn't produce any content and now I couldn't even complain about how GB doesn't produce any content. Those lazy hacks, not working because they "have no studio" and "It's christmas" and "nothing is coming out"
Pfffff

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm having flashbacks to the time Brad tried to shut down Francis York Morgan as best new character.

That's fucking criminal. I'm mad just reading this. I bet they gave it to Mordin or some shit too. Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

They should just have a full category for Best Contradiction Character tbh. It would be just as competitive.

That's fucking criminal. I'm mad just reading this. I bet they gave it to Mordin or some shit too. Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

They totally gave it to Mordin and I also recall that the text writeup for that day accidentally had Bayonetta down as the winner, with like a full paragraph of text and everything, leading to confusion all around.

Francis York Morgan is one of the best video game characters of all time.

that thread reminded me of two things:

how baffling is it that the undertale battle art looks worse than the overworld art

nintendo badge arcade is disgusting, but since it's disgusting with a smile on its face people will eat it up

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Francis York Morgan is one of the best video game characters of all time.

He really is. Nothing against Mordin or Bayonetta but York is one of the funniest, quirkiest, most endearing characters ever, while also being a vehicle for a trauma that's surprisingly deftly handled, given the game's subject matter. I was shocked how emotionally invested I was by the end of that game.

After playing both Danganronpa 1 & 2 recently I've realised that it's criminal that a character from either game didn't end up in the top 3 for best character last year.

What are you trying to say about Mordin...

Bowlie

Banned
that thread reminded me of two things:

how baffling is it that the undertale battle art looks worse than the overworld art

nintendo badge arcade is disgusting, but since it's disgusting with a smile on its face people will eat it up

I played it for, like, 2 days, but the constant reminders of "hey, you can buy this! and this! and this!" shrouded in its cutesy way annoyed me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom