• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Wow he's a fucking monster. I can't see Patrick beating this without "help".
This is great (via Twitter)
CWk3RfgVAAApFEy.png:large
Beautiful.
Hahaha yes!
From the thread.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was rewatching Time Trotters and man, you can really tell how much Sealab 2021, MST3K, and Cheap Seats Jeff and Ryan were watching at that time.

Jintor

awesome. I'm gonna make a new thread in OT-Community later and i'll pm people who have indicated interest a link (or you can just find it, whatever). If you're interested probably PM me in the interests of not cluttering the thread

Catching up on the stream. Christ this Ghost in the Shell has depressed me since day one. Ghost in the Shell is too interesting of a universe to be delegated to an arena FPS. I couldn't give less of a shit about Deus Ex, but if Eidos made a Ghost in the Shell game I'd be all over that.

Edit: Austin convince Jeff to watch Ghost in the Shell!

Lijik

Gotten nothing. It was on launch. I was working at a gamestop and was the only pre-order of the game. They sent us 2 copies and never sent anymore.

Man I dunno, I remember seeing it go for 15-20 bucks used at gamestop a few times early on last generation, thats a large leap to 90 bucks for just the disc off amazon.

Teddified

The Jack the Ripper DLC for AC Syndicate is pretty neat. But I think it still costs too much for what it is. maybe $8-10 would be better imo.

Teddified

The Jack the Ripper DLC was shorter then what I expected. I thought it would be at least more then what was in it.

Yeah it reminds me of the Freedom Cry DLC of AC4 just without the new areas. And that was $10. I wonder what caused them to go to $15. I don't regret paying for it, but I can't really recommend it to others because of the price.

Yeah it reminds me of the Freedom Cry DLC of AC4 just without the new areas. And that was $10. I wonder what caused them to go to $15. I don't regret paying for it, but I can't really recommend it to others because of the price.

That does sound weird when you compare it to Freedom Cry. I wonder if it's Ubisoft raising the prices for the DLCs like this one.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Jesus fuck. Not that the price is all that matters, but she literally must've spent close to $500 for him. No way that blanket was more than a Benjamin. Like, personally I'd feel like shit in his shoes.

Eh, that's not really how christmas presents should be treated as. It's not a monetary exchange.

Jesus fuck. Not that the price is all that matters, but she literally must've spent close to $500 for him. No way that blanket was more than a Benjamin. Like, personally I'd feel like shit in his shoes.

Well, a picture's worth 1,000 words, and there's probably like sixty pictures on there, and that says more than a lousy WWE Championship belt or Xbox One Elite controller ever could.

Roman Reigns has the championship right now and I doubt he even knows 60,000 words!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
To be fair if you tried to make me write 60,000 words right now I couldn't do it.

Also apparently I need to get the Valis X games.

yami4ct

After at least a week of me saying to myself 'Tonight's the night I'm gonna beat Trails in the Sky SC', tonight I actually did it. Clocked in just under 80 hours.

Boy people weren't kidding that Chapter 9 is huge. It took me like 4-5 play sessions to get through it. At least half of that was kind of filler that really didn't need to be there, but the last half more than makes up for it. One of the boss fights near the end was one of the most difficult and fun things I think I've ever played in a JRPG. The toughness of the fight really added to the gravitas of the story moment. I don't think I've felt this accomplished after beating something outside of a Souls title.

Most people here have seen me post my thoughts on SC and they still stand. It's easily my favorite JRPG since Persona 4. The writing and world are incredible and the battle system is a good mix of tactical and challenging. Every JRPG fan should play FC and SC no question. I'm even more excited for Cold Steel now and I sure hope we can keep getting these games localized. They deserve as large an audience as SMT or any of the other modern JRPGs get here.

Making my Game of the Year list is going to be agonizing for me this year.

Catching up on the stream. Christ this Ghost in the Shell has depressed me since day one. Ghost in the Shell is too interesting of a universe to be delegated to an arena FPS. I couldn't give less of a shit about Deus Ex, but if Eidos made a Ghost in the Shell game I'd be all over that.

Edit: Austin convince Jeff to watch Ghost in the Shell!

But Deus Ex is pretty cool, you should give a shit.

Earlier someone mentioned GitS as a tactical game (like XCOM) and that could be a good fit too.

After at least a week of me saying to myself 'Tonight's the night I'm gonna beat Trails in the Sky SC', tonight I actually did it. Clocked in just under 80 hours.

Boy people weren't kidding that Chapter 9 is huge. It took me like 4-5 play sessions to get through it. At least half of that was kind of filler that really didn't need to be there, but the last half more than makes up for it. One of the boss fights near the end was one of the most difficult and fun things I think I've ever played in a JRPG. The toughness of the fight really added to the gravitas of the story moment. I don't think I've felt this accomplished after beating something outside of a Souls title.

Most people here have seen me post my thoughts on SC and they still stand. It's easily my favorite JRPG since Persona 4. The writing and world are incredible and the battle system is a good mix of tactical and challenging. Every JRPG fan should play FC and SC no question. I'm even more excited for Cold Steel now and I sure hope we can keep getting these games localized. They deserve as large an audience as SMT or any of the other modern JRPGs get here.

Making my Game of the Year list is going to be agonizing for me this year.

Trails SC major spoilers

Someone in the OT mentioned that the Loewe fight was originally easier than that, but was changed due to massive feedback from fans who complained how easy it was :p

yami4ct

Trails SC major spoilers

Someone in the OT mentioned that the Loewe fight was originally easier than that, but was changed due to massive feedback from fans who complained how easy it was :p

Regarding the Spoiler

Huh, that's interesting. I wonder what exactly did they add? A lot of mechanics that make him a bastard, like the body split, zero storm, and his S-Breaks, feel intrinsic to the fight. Just lowering their damage wouldn't make the fight easy.

There were times in that fight that I felt they had gone too far, but nothing he does feels unbalanced or unfair to me. The game gives you more than enough tools to deal with him, it just doesn't give you much wiggle room to use them. By the end, I was having a ton of fun figuring out what I needed to do and how exactly to execute it. Also, like I mentioned, the sense of accomplishment was huge.

I guess it makes sense now why they give you the opportunity to skip the fight and why you get a special reward for finishing it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Does the current video schedule mean that we won't be getting any GB content between 21st and 29th?

yami4ct

Does the current video schedule mean that we won't be getting any GB content between 21st and 29th?

No. It just means it's what they have in the can (SWH QL) and what they have committed to for a certain date (GOTY stuff). East has the Devil's Third QL recorded and a bunch more episodes of Project BEAST as well. It's just a matter of when Vinny can actually get the time to edit them.

Jeff has also said he wants to do some unofficial from home stream stuff.

But Deus Ex is pretty cool, you should give a shit.

Earlier someone mentioned GitS as a tactical game (like XCOM) and that could be a good fit too.

I own HR on PS3, but there's just something about Deus Ex that I don't really care for where I can't even motivate myself to try it. However the gameplay elements I've seen of it look interesting.

GitS as a tactical game would work as well. I'd personally prefer something a little more open to exploration, but that's just me.

Regarding the Spoiler

Huh, that's interesting. I wonder what exactly did they add? A lot of mechanics that make him a bastard, like the body split, zero storm, and his S-Breaks, feel intrinsic to the fight. Just lowering their damage wouldn't make the fight easy.

There were times in that fight that I felt they had gone too far, but nothing he does feels unbalanced or unfair to me. The game gives you more than enough tools to deal with him, it just doesn't give you much wiggle room to use them. By the end, I was having a ton of fun figuring out what I needed to do and how exactly to execute it. Also, like I mentioned, the sense of accomplishment was huge.

I guess it makes sense now why they give you the opportunity to skip the fight and why you get a special reward for finishing it.

Trails SC end spoilers

I'm sure his damage is probably the main buff he got since he does 3k normal attacks with his s-breaks doing 8-9k depending on your adf. Maybe he also didn't have the two minions either, or maybe his clones got an HP buff? I'm not sure on the details besides the clear damage buff. But yeah, the fight was really satisfying after barely pulling out the win. Kevin's s-break saved my ass too many times to count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom