• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Trails SC end spoilers

I'm sure his damage is probably the main buff he got since he does 3k normal attacks with his s-breaks doing 8-9k depending on your adf. Maybe he also didn't have the two minions either, or maybe his clones got an HP buff? I'm not sure on the details besides the clear damage buff. But yeah, the fight was really satisfying after barely pulling out the win. Kevin's s-break saved my ass too many times to count.

If you can believe it

I actually beat that fight without Kevin. My party was Estelle, Josh, Kloe and Olivier. I was running with my best characters and I refused to change even though I knew Kevin would be a godsend. It was rough.

I did a bit of research on that, and oh boy.

Valis will forever remain one of the saddest downfalls of any gaming franchise.

(Incidentally, it's almost been a year since the Telenet/Valis episode of Retronauts)

But Deus Ex is pretty cool, you should give a shit.

Earlier someone mentioned GitS as a tactical game (like XCOM) and that could be a good fit too.

That idea (The Shadowrun Returns trilogy is already pretty close in concept to a GitS strategy game; just replace the magic with hacking/robot powers and add some stealth. Invisible Inc. would be another close point of comparison, since it's already focused on espionage and hacking), a Mark of the Ninja/Gunpoint/Ronin-style Stealth Action game, or a modern adventure game. Any one of those would be a fitting genre for a GitS game (Oh, and a Deus Ex-esque game, of course, as mentioned earlier).

Myggen

What he got her...

6NwX6A7.png

Haha.

New Star Wars made me feel like a kid again, plot played it safe but they really nailed the characters which is IMO the most important part and the prequels' biggest failing. Now I want to play KOTOR again. Now tell Brad to do that TIE Fighter Bombcastica!!!

Brashnir

Just wrapped Project BEAST ep 2. Vinny's little intro/outro is so fucking cool, got me jonesing for more right now

yeah. Frustrating knowing they have several more episodes in the can already, and yet we just had a whole week with basically no content. :(

By the time we get the rest we'll be drowning in content again.

danm999

Watching this last live steam, holy shit Jeff takes Bubsy to task.

I had that game as a kid and kind of liked it (because I was a dumb kid) but it's all the worst of 90s game design wrapped up in a package.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Watching this last live steam, holy shit Jeff takes Bubsy to task.

I had that game as a kid and kind of liked it (because I was a dumb kid) but it's all the worst of 90s game design wrapped up in a package.

Wait till you get to the Sonic 3 bit

It's glorious. It gives me strength.

Requeim

I don't get what's wrong with sonic's character model, looks fine to me.

sonics_standing_b.png

Compare the first two sprites to the third one. Jeff is 100% right, although I don't agree with him dismissing the whole game because of it. Sonic 2 is my favorite, but 3+K is really good as well.

Brashnir

Jeff shitting on bubsy was great

should have played bubsy 3d to complete the shitfecta (iirc there are four games but still)

The problems with the first 2 Bubsy games were sort of a reflection of the games industry at the time. The biggest issue with the game was that Bubsy's sprite was designed to animate more like a cartoon than a game character, with its limbs flailing all over the place. This led to the sprite being difficult to read from a gameplay standpoint.

This desire to make games that looked less like games and more like something else was a common issue which really continues to this day, and has been fucking up games for 20+ years.

The problems with the first 2 Bubsy games were sort of a reflection of the games industry at the time. The biggest issue with the game was that Bubsy's sprite was designed to animate more like a cartoon than a game character, with its limbs flailing all over the place. This led to the sprite being difficult to read from a gameplay standpoint.

This desire to make games that looked less like games and more like something else was a common issue which really continues to this day, and has been fucking up games for 20+ years.

Dragon's Lair *shakes fist* lol

Any content talking about XCX besides the QL?

Are any of the crew playing?

Only Austin it seems but i'm not sure if he's done

Earthworm Jim had the same issue. if it had just controlled a bit (lot) better it would have been such a great game. but instead it was "look how many frames of animation we have" and collision - sprite collision - was completely busted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom