• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
remember that game that was about going back in time as some future cop or something and basically shooting people throughout history? I remember it had a demo on XBL where you were in the civil war or something.

the game was absolute dogshit but I remember liking the concept and I thought it deserved better.

Meneses

remember that game that was about going back in time as some future cop or something and basically shooting people throughout history? I remember it had a demo on XBL where you were in the civil war or something.

the game was absolute dogshit but I remember liking the concept and I thought it deserved better.

Darkest of Days, I think. Pretty good Quick Look too.

PensOwl

Banned
Ok nerds, you win. Tales of the Borderlands is gud.

It feels like there's very little interactivity even taking into account that it's a Telltale game, but I'm already really into it one episode in

Catvoca

Banned
Ok nerds, you win. Tales of the Borderlands is gud.

It feels like there's very little interactivity even taking into account that it's a Telltale game, but I'm already really into it one episode in

Yeah, it might as well be a TV show there's so little interactivity. But that doesn't really matter when the writing/acting/directing is so good! It's the only Telltale game where every episode is great, and there's no "filler" parts, it all feels like it's moving at a good pace and things are happening. It's crazy how Telltale transformed Borderlands from a universe I actively disliked to on that I found really endearing.

I saw Geek Remix are starting a Contradiction LP too, which should be worth watching. They are an entertaining pair, and pick good games to LP. Unlike most other people on YT I enjoy watching them.

is it because it's completely pandering or because it's a thinly veiled advertisement for the upcoming decade+ of new movies they want to sell you.

i thought it was pretty enjoyable for what it was
I mean it is but it's also incredibly well made, fantastically acted, and probably the most fun movie I've seen in years. I've saw it twice within the span of 24 hours and will at least two more times

Are there any lens flares in tfa?

hm, not really, no, but it definitely has the kind of kinetic, frantic movement that his movies have. which actually kind of works because he doesn't pull a Ridley Scott and just shake the camera around a bunch to imply action where it doesn't exist.

Are there any lens flares in tfa?

bd71nDK.png

What does "Abrams as fuck" even mean? Is there some pattern to his films that I'm missing?
My brother and I pointed out whenever there was a shot where the camera rapidly zoomed out and panned to something else like it was a sports games. That kind of camera movement is toned down here but still present.

I want the GOTY Videos to be separate clips of Jenks interviewing the staff more than anything else I wanted ever before.

I got all stalkery and noticed Rupert Booth did not Tweet for a whole week at the start of December... IT MAKES SENSE!!

newjeruse

My brother and I pointed out whenever there was a shot where the camera rapidly zoomed out and panned to something else like it was a sports games. That kind of camera movement is toned down here but still present.
A lot of scenarios are worse than "Abrams as fuck." The movie was fine and I'm not going to staunchly defend it. But everyone else in Disney's shoes would do the same thing after the terrible prequels. A little "safe but entertaining" is exactly what the sequels needed. Just let nostalgia do the rest.

A lot of scenarios are worse than "Abrams as fuck." The movie was fine and I'm not going to staunchly defend it. But everyone else in Disney's shoes would do the same thing after the terrible prequels. A little "safe but entertaining" is exactly what the sequels needed. Just let nostalgia do the rest.
Oh I loved the movie and saw it twice in twenty four hours. I thought it was perfect as what it was and exactly what another Star Wars movie post-Lucas and prequels would need to be.

newjeruse

That's kind of sad though isn't it?
Not sure if you're responding to me, but yea, it's absolutely sad. That's AAA blockbuster movie-making though. I can't think of an interesting choice I've seen in such a movie since Heath Ledger's joker.

The day before I saw TFA, I saw The Big Short. That's a film that took some really interesting creative risks and is edited brilliantly. Compare that to TFA, which is basically by the books film-making, and it's kind of sad.

But again, if I were stewarding a $4B acquisition, I can't say I'd do anything different.

I'd say it's more cynical than sad except that there's legitimately a good amount of actual heart in the movie. I mean it feels like actual human beings made it, which is more than you can say about the prequels.

having said this, a friend of mine was considering a Captain Phasma tattoo before seeing the movie, which, having now seen the movie, would have been hilariously dumb

I think Greedo had more screen time in New Hope

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Between Yakuza 5, Yokai Watch, Trails in the Sky SC, Trails of Cold Steel, and Fallout 4, I've kind of been looking at Uncharted 4 like 'yeah man, i could go for a focused, linear shooter that I actually have a chance of finishing'

This must be what it's like to finally get old.

Megasoum

Banned
having said this, a friend of mine was considering a Captain Phasma tattoo before seeing the movie, which, having now seen the movie, would have been hilariously dumb

I think Greedo had more screen time in New Hope

Yeah she's the very difinition of secondary character lol

I'm not gonna lie to you guys, I loved Star Wars so much that I was like "damn I need some toys" after seeing it.

but then I looked at the toys and they all look like shit. and not in a charming way.

To go from the double-bladed Lightsaber in Ep 1 to the T-Saber in Ep 7 feels like the biggest regression in aesthetics that I've ever seen.

What were they thinking with that thing?
The fact that it's better than both sequels for one.

I haven't playe 2 or 3, but I've been under the impression that Fable 2 is the highpoint of the series. If Fable 1 is the top dog, then that series has never been good, just novel.

And now the series is here to die, whenever that asynchronous multiplayer Fable thing releases.

Tubobutts

I tried to play fable anniversary and boy that game must not hold up very well. I had never played it before but loved 2 and 3.

I realize I'm in the minority, but I like Fable 1 more than 2, and I hated 3. I think I ended up buying Fable/TLC around 4 times. I played it a few years ago and I still liked it, but most of that is probably nostalgia. Part of it is I just really like the world of the first game the most, especially the sense of mystery that I didn't feel as much in the later games.

Alternatively: You don't hold up very well!

Edit: Oh wow, people actually agree that Fable 1 is the best. What kind of weirdos are you?

I realize I'm in the minority, but I like Fable 1 more than 2, and I hated 3. I think I ended up buying Fable/TLC around 4 times. I played it a few years ago and I still liked it, but most of that is probably nostalgia. Part of it is I just really like the world of the first game the most, especially the sense of mystery that I didn't feel as much in the later games.

Alternatively: You don't hold up very well!

Edit: Oh wow, people actually agree that Fable 1 is the best. What kind of weirdos are you?

Back when I played those games my video game opinions were not very well formed. I was an xbox 360 shooter kid. So my memories of them probably don't stack up to how they actually are.

They were probably my first WRPGs? Maybe? And I had an itch to play them again this summer, which lead to me buying anniversary, hating it, and then buying the Witcher. So it worked out pretty well for me I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom