• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys what are your favorite gameboy games?

I mean like GB/GBC. I'm thinking about getting a backlight kit, learning to solder, and installing a backlight on my gameboy pocket because I'm absolutely in love with the gameboy pocket form factor. I love how minimalist it is.

Specifically I'd like some sports games, or things with a lot of replay value. I tried to play a copy of NHL 96 I have for the GB today and I think it was literally running at 5 frames per second.

I've obviously got stuff like Pokemon R/B/Y and super mario land 2.

AcridMeat

Banned
Hell yes Brad, this is what I did when these mutators first came out, and I couldn't stop laughing. We played with a tiny square though.

AcridMeat

Banned
Aw man he made it 1v1. Part of the fun is making it 4v4 with those instant demos and watching everyone explode at the start.

Holy crap the audio hahaha

Dineren

Banned
No idea if it's actually any good, but I played a ton of Bo Jackson: Two Games in One on GB. When playing football I used to run back to my end zone practically every play and throw the ball all the way to the other end zone. It's the only way to play football.

SomberOwl

Anyone notice Just Cause 3 is nowhere on the Nominees for The Game Awards 2015? I wonder if it's coming out to late. Neither is Rainbow 6. Hopefully those games are just coming out to late. From hearing Jeff talk about Just Cause 3 it seems like it should at least be nominated for action/adventure. And no Rainbow 6 for best shooter.

Anyway anything interesting going on during the GameSpot Extra Life?

Did you know IG-88 was actually secretly in control of the first Death Star and was going to use it against the Empire before the Rebels destroyed it? I read it in a book.

hamchan

All awards events tend to have cut off dates. People have to be able to play the games before judging them.

Well yeah. The point is that if they really cared about awarding the best game of the year they wouldn't be holding the event at the start of December. We all know award shows are just huge marketing events but at least other award shows try to put up some image of legitimacy unlike this one.

Anjin M

I never understood why people liked the Thrawn books so much. They were pretty bad.

edit://
Hell, the only Star Wars that I actually like is the first film and I go back and forth on Empire.

edit2://
I would probably like ROTJ better except for two things: the Sarlacc's belch after eating Boba Fett and that the Ewoks make the Stormtroopers look even more incompetant than normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom