• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

I never understood why people liked the Thrawn books so much. They were pretty bad.

Hell, the only Star Wars that I actually like is the first film and I go back and forth on Empire.

Probably because the rest of the EU was so bad it made the Thrawn trilogy seem awesome in comparison.

tuxfool

Banned
Well yeah. The point is that if they really cared about awarding the best game of the year they wouldn't be holding the event at the start of December. We all know award shows are just huge marketing events but at least other award shows try to put up some image of legitimacy unlike this one.

These awards are like the People's choice awards, despite not being the people's choice.

Myggen

Z1FWroM.gif

Destiny talk is always the best part of the podcast so idk why people hate it so much.

Because people are so deeply dug in that Destiny is the second coming of Satan instead of a game that the gang like despite a rocky start. I think it should speak to the positive direction Destiny is heading in, even though I don't play it, that Jeff has come around so well on it considering his statements last year.

Because people are so deeply dug in that Destiny is the second coming of Satan instead of a game that the gang like despite a rocky start. I think it should speak to the positive direction Destiny is heading in, even though I don't play it, that Jeff has come around so well on it considering his statements last year.

I was mostly joking around when i posted that. I know people are sick of it, but it is a good game that i really liked playing and they like talking about, so its fine by me.

Megasoum

Banned
Watching the UPF archive

There's not a lot of stuff I love more than hearing Drew laugh out loud all the way from the control room (this time when Brad talks about the Chewbaca story).

I have been catching up on dan vs patrick today and i think the only way to really decide who wins ia who wastes more of their life, it took dan what 8 hours to make, test, and upload the level? At this rate patrick is going on 5+ hours trying to beat it?

Myggen

From Brad's Twitter comments:

CTvIeqGVAAABS4x.jpg:large

Man this horrifying Paris shit is fucking me up, especially since my boyfriend was in the location where the hostages were taken and then killed just a week ago. I need to go to bed.

From Brad's Twitter comments:

Man this horrifying Paris shit is fucking me up, especially since my boyfriend was in the location where the hostages were taken and then killed just a week ago. I need to go to bed.

Damn :X

It really is horrifying news. Such senseless slaughter...:( The UPF cheered me up though. They did a good job today.

Sorry to here this. I've been refraining from mentioning anything about that because I don't want it to be sadness around here as well but fuck, get some rest and spend some more quality time with your BF soon.

Things will be a mess for a few days now till everything there gets sorted and we know who exactly is to blame but now it's just a shit show. You got more people now having more reason to hate, blame and at worse feel like killing Muslims. Being a Muslim and Arab myself, that's a scary thought but one I don't blame those people from thinking like that because of those dumbass, uneducated, indoctrinated and drugged extremists that roam the world like cockroaches. Terrorism knows no face, nation, religion or god. Terrorism as a whole only knows one thing, their own fucked up ideology that in the end we all suffer as one because of it. My heart goes out to all of the people in Paris.

I hope you feel better soon, Myggen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom