• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

So, apparently Patrick isn't a selected Twitch streamer that can get quality settings anymore. Man, I absolute hate the way Twitch operates. It's basically just an assumption that everyone is running on amazing internet. The majority of Twitch streams are unwatchable for me because of this.

popo

I bet Rorie couldn't tell the difference between regular and reduced fat spreads in a blind tasting. They should find out in a premium feature. They can call it "Matt Rorie's Schmear Test".

I'm totally with you there. Seems like you're quite the fan of Life is Strange. (As am I). You excited to see the GiantBomb crew get through it?

I am a big fan of LIS. Finished all 5 episodes. Wrote reviews for all 5. Had nice things to say about 2-4, and at the time thought Episode One had great potential - which turned out to be true. Found Geek Remix because I was looking for a decent LIS playthrough, and thought they did other good stuff. Would love to see GB finish the game, and was happy to see Kay Plays play it too (as I enjoyed her other stuff over the last two years).

killroy87

I bet Rorie couldn't tell the difference between regular and reduced fat spreads in a blind tasting. They should find out in a premium feature. They can call it "Matt Rorie's Schmear Test".

It took that Extra Life stream for me to learn Schmear and cream cheese aren't the same thing.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

Who even are these fucking idiots? I was already smh'ing when they "called out" reviewers who DARE, who have the AUDACITY, to go below "90", then they pull the "cheese and wine" shit on Jeff, lmao. What a bunch of fucking mouth-breathers.

oh I'm pretty late to this but goddamn. Aside from like, the awful sexism and shit in certain corners of gaming culture, this is absolutely everything I hate about it.

killroy87

Who even are these fucking idiots? I was already smh'ing when they "called out" reviewers who DARE, who have the AUDACITY, to go below "90", then they pull the "cheese and wine" shit on Jeff, lmao. What a bunch of fucking mouth-breathers.

Haha I know. Calling Jeff, of all people, pretentious.

Spaghetti

jeff was kind spot on about fallout, but personally i'd probably tear in a little deeper to the fact that issues present even in oblivion are still very much there in fallout 4. that's even apart from the fact bethesda is diving even deeper into dumbing down their games despite already having considerable mass market pull.

played the fuck out of morrowind, and oblivion (later with much needed rebalance mods), played through fallout 3 once and didn't bother with the dlc, played through new vegas a good few times (it is far and away the superior modern fallout game), futzed around in skyrim for 100+ hours despite hating the quest designs, and now 12 hours into fallout 4 i just want to put it down because of how much of a similar slog it is.

Megasoum

Banned
Dan in Patrick's chat right now lol

DanRyckert: For the record, I'm taking a *** right now. This is the only time in my day that I have time to watch this YouTube dum-dum.

Tan

Wow he's doing the initial part so differently it's actually kind of impressive

Watching Patrick's stream, I don't think I'll ever you're of watching Mario Maker, even when it's the same thing over and over.

this craziest part about this sentence is how quickly I was able to translate 'you're' to 'get tired'

Joeku

I'm surprised so many people seem to not know Rooster Teeth. They are the Warner Bros. of machinima. Haven't seen anything they've done since probably 2007 or so but they blew the hell up on Youtube.

And I would have thought they'd be better than this juvenile garbage, though I can't say I'm familiar with the host. Is she just like that?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Patrick's stream

vader.jpg

arhra

...All the way across REDUCED FAT and he falls off the far edge before he can go through the door...

First time watching Patrick play this level, the way he handles the POW block Thwomp is nice. Did he ever do it the way Dan intended?

I'm pretty sure that the intended method relies on mechanics that Patrick doesn't even realize exist.

If the level actually forced him to jump off the P-switch he'd probably still be stuck there.

strafer

That's not a fun people exclusive, you can do that while sitting at home and posting in the NeoGAF Giant Bomb community thread.

But that shit is dangerous. You should not drink and GAF.

What if you reply to some thread drunk as shit, saying some terrible things that will make mods go nuts. You wake up the next day with a ban.

That's not fun at all. That has happened me, almost. But I hit the X button before I hit Submit Reply.

I just want to GAF sober in the GiantBomb community thread. It's more fun that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom