• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the same issue, but in reverse. The modded UE3.5 engine used in the Arkham games has always had issues, but they really stretched the ability of the engine to handle the assets it was pushing.

Because they never fixed the core issues, this is why AK is in a mess today.

Its really ironic that the PC couldn't brute force its way through those issues like always, especially since the consoles handled them well enough.

Its really ironic that the PC couldn't brute force its way through those issues like always, especially since the consoles handled them well enough.

if I'm not mistaken, it's because no matter how many resources you threw at the game, it would try to use them all. I remember someone posting a screenshot of the game trying to use about 2gb more vram than their card even had.

The ending of Adventure Zone episode 4 had me laughing so hard that i had to pull over on the side of the road for a few minutes. So good.

If I had to speculate, I'd say Rocksteady utilized the single memory pool in someway to work around the issues, since their ultimate responsibility was the console versions. WB then handed off porting duties of the PC version to a separate studio with a much smaller budget without concerning themselves about Rocksteady's optimizations in a split memory pool situation. The "solution" ends up being that the PC version requires insane amounts of both system and VRAM, more than any other game that I am aware of.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
The crossover dan's been waiting for

JmPLKmR.gif

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
What a weird Tomb Raider quicklook lol.

I didn't want to mention it in the video, but both of the early game saves I had were right before major plot points (one of them a huge spoiler) so I couldn't do any story missions in the QL at all, and I just didn't have the 3-4 spare hours to replay up to a better spot before we recorded. Having already completed all the side stuff in that second hub didn't help.

One of those situations where the simplified save management on the Xbone bites us in the ass. On the PS4 you can copy a save off to USB whenever you want, so keeping early game saves for QL is trivial. You're kinda at the mercy of Xbox games that autosave constantly and don't give you many options for manual saves though. I wasn't thrilled with it but tried to make the most of it.

Goron2000

best junior ever
Just watched the Tomb Raider quick look and dammit Brad.

Is hesitant to show any story content and then proceeds to show every location in the game in the challenge menu.

Is that the "you solved my 'two dwarves' puzzle" thing? I love the punchline on that goof.

Yuo. And then when the Black Spider fell into the Pit and Griffin kept making echo falling noises for like 3 minutes straight and everyone was cracking up. That whole sequence including Justin discovering the concept of ground beef along with cheese was so great.

That song is so perfect for the Adventure Zone.

Anjin M

http://i.imgur.com/GVxawuN.png

But it can be found by clicking on the total amount of posts in the normal forum view.
It was my thread and I didn't make it into the top 40. Jeez.

Fun statistic: the top ten posters were responsible for 24% of all posts in that thread.

Where's Ryan :mad:

I miss the big guy, but if we add him we would also need Patrick, Dave, Alexis, and so on. I don't think that focusing on the current crew is a bad thing.

AcridMeat

Banned
The crossover dan's been waiting for

JmPLKmR.gif
What the hell? Hahah.
I miss the big guy, but if we add him we would also need Patrick, Dave, Alexis, and so on. I don't think that focusing on the current crew is a bad thing.
There's a very big difference between why the others left and why Ryan left. I'm not going to turn it into a big deal but that comment rubs me the wrong way.

One of those situations where the simplified save management on the Xbone bites us in the ass. On the PS4 you can copy a save off to USB whenever you want, so keeping early game saves for QL is trivial. You're kinda at the mercy of Xbox games that autosave constantly and don't give you many options for manual saves though. I wasn't thrilled with it but tried to make the most of it.

and it's one of those things that only affects a hilariously small demographic (you guys and anybody else trying to show edited gameplay), who happen to have a disproportionately large viewer base. so they have little reason to change it, despite the fact that you guys are responsible for thousands of people's first impressions on a lot of games.

Rooney is a plant, and you are all marks thinking that's a shoot. If he gave Barrett colour hard way, he would have gave him a legit receipt.

jaina

I didn't want to mention it in the video, but both of the early game saves I had were right before major plot points (one of them a huge spoiler) so I couldn't do any story missions in the QL at all, and I just didn't have the 3-4 spare hours to replay up to a better spot before we recorded. Having already completed all the side stuff in that second hub didn't help.

Yeah it's a pity. But thanks for doing the ammendment, I think that was necessary for a better understanding of the combat. So we pretty much only missed how the cutscenes look.

Megasoum

Banned

Yeah, like I said, it wasn't bad by any means. Just a bit unusual. That cloud save situation is annoying.

Anyway, I'm just super happy and proud that both you and Dan seem to enjoy the game so much.

Anjin M

Thanks for the inside scoop, Brad.

There's a very big difference between why the others left and why Ryan left. I'm not going to turn it into a big deal but that comment rubs me the wrong way.
True, but I responded that way to avoid my first answer that I actually would have found that pretty morbid.

At this point, I think my sub expires after the heat-death of the universe.

As dedicated as Rorie is, he probably won't be around then (Fridge-Kun can only go so cold...)

When I get out of college and hopefully have a full time job, I'd be glad to sub for multiple years. But between the things I'm already subbed to like WWE Network, Crunchyroll, PS Plus, Xbox Live, etc. I just don't have the money atm to do that.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
welcome to my humble abode made of adobe

Frenden

Banned
yeeeeeep. underemployment will do that to you.

That's just the new economy, man. Everyone has to work a regular job, a freelance job, run a small business selling stuff, and work social media for all of it. Such a grind!

My wife's parents have pensions. Pensions! Can you imagine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom