• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiguel182

Well, I took the plunge and subscribed for a year! I have been spending way too much money but GiantBomb is probably my most used website besides Gaf and Netflix. Worth it.

But the ads didn't disappear, that's a bummer. Hopefully is just a temporary thing.

danm999

GVxawuN.png

But it can be found by clicking on the total amount of posts in the normal forum view.

Shit Myggen saved my dumb ass I spend too much time here.

FStop7

Banned
Pete Hines from Bethesda indirectly calling Jeff out, claiming that Fallout 4 on the PS4 is fine and that people are basically lying about framerate issues because of "one report."

Makes me feel even better about my resub. His Galak-Z Q&A segment was one of the highlights of his stream.

Well, I took the plunge and subscribed for a year! I have been spending way too much money but GiantBomb is probably my most used website besides Gaf and Netflix. Worth it.

But the ads didn't disappear, that's a bummer. Hopefully is just a temporary thing.

Try signing out and in or erasing cookies or something? You shouldn't be getting ads anymore.

jaina

Pete Hines from Bethesda indirectly calling Jeff out, claiming that Fallout 4 on the PS4 is fine and that people are basically lying about framerate issues because of "one report."
Why does he even feel the need to talk publicly about that, especially this week?

Nero18

They sometimes talk about promoting the site more, always wondered why they don't do more one man streams on twitch. They always seem to get a lot of views and its probably a good way to get new people.

kAmui-

Funny of him to say it's just one person when there are multiple videos on youtube showing frame rate issues on ps4. But yeah, he's a pr person, what is he supposed to say? I personally try to not follow any pr accounts on twitter.

No_Style

I get a kick every time that celebratory confetti and applause chimes in after you extend your subscription. Makes me want to extend it again.

"It's a girl!"

Funny of him to say it's just one person when there are multiple videos on youtube showing frame rate issues on ps4. But yeah, he's a pr person, what is he supposed to say? I personally try to not follow any pr accounts on twitter.
I'd question why he (as a pr person) responded at all.

danm999

Eurogamer also backs up Jeff and Digital Foundry;

It's a clear result across city areas, but surprisingly PS4 has a shortcoming elsewhere. While most battles produce a similar overall frame-rate, shootouts involving heavy transparency effects can affect PS4 more negatively than we'd expect. In extreme cases, such as on approaching an early Deathclaw enemy in Concord town, PS4 wavers close to the 20fps line when letting rip on a minigun. Fire, smoke, and blood splatter effects collide, and on re-testing this section several times on both consoles, Xbox One consistently produces a near-unshakable 30fps. It's possible this is a side-effect of Bethesda's choice to begin engine optimisations on Xbox One - but even so, PS4's lengthy stretches at the low 20fps range are out of place, given its advantages in every other area.

Why Pete Hines is trying to downplay it is beyond me. Don't say anything would have been the play I would think.

jaina

Here you go. Not sure what he was thinking even getting into it on twitter. Not sure if he is referencing Jeff with that "one report" though.

Soon it'll be more than just "one person" saying it, lol. Bethesda gonna Bethesda, heck in the fucking quick look itself it dipped horribly. Most people are not talking about it now because they are mostly sucked up in the hype about a new Bethesda game and also giving Bethesda a free pass because they got used to all their games being like that, kind of like Brad's stance on the matter which is fine but damn, till when are we gonna have this shit engine on consoles? They could and should have done better especially with all the success they had on Skyrim.

Which reminds me, Skyrim on PS3 was a nightmare.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just remember the usual places saying all this bad stuff about Skyrim on PS3

but I never ever ever heard anyone saying it publicly or like on facebook or anywhere outside of enthusiast sites. I don't think the majority of F4 PS4's sales will care

Myggen

I heard you guys like Vinny? https://youtu.be/Y23Y_zuYKKU (HD will kick in soon)

You might've jumped the gun on that one, there's a significant chance that YT is able to restore the video on the GB channel from what people have said here. Vinny has been in contact with support. Keyser(?) had it turn up in his subscription box for a few moments before disappearing again.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

Myggen

but isn't it nice to have it now rather than later

Sure, but if we're talking about the ethics of it. If this is something GB is able to upload themselves GB Unarchived will take away a big amount of views from the site and the GB YT channel. I wouldn't say that it's "unarchived" until Vinny confirms it's dead, YT is able to restore live stream files.

Zaph

You might've jumped the gun on that one, there's a significant chance that YT is able to restore the video on the GB channel from what people have said here. Vinny has been in contact with support. Keyser(?) had it turn up in his subscription box for a few moments before disappearing again.

Check the first 10 seconds of the video

Myggen

Check the first 10 seconds of the video

But why not wait until the final word from Vinny here? Or contact him on Twitter? It will still take away views from the site if they're able to upload it themselves, even if you take it down when they're able to upload it. I realize I'm being a big party pooper, but this feels like jumping the gun a bit. This is uploading site content without knowing if GB is able to upload it, and we'll likely know for sure this week.

daydream

Banned
really don't think a couple of clicks on a yt archive of an extra live stream are gonna make a huge splash, mygs

i mean, the vindawg & brad game afternoon or whatever is still up on unarchived but it also went up on the site later (iirc), who cares

Myggen

really don't think a couple of clicks on a yt archive of an extra live stream are gonna make a huge splash, mygs

i mean, the vindawg & brad game afternoon or whatever is still up on unarchived but it also went up on the site later (iirc), who cares

It's more the principle of it. Why not upload the Alexis/Drew/Ian archive to Unarchived then and take it down when they upload it on the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom