• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
humble abobo

tumblr_ma9nba4XLk1rz8rkho1_500.gif

Anjin M

It's posts like this that keep you atop the leaderboard.
Except stump has you beat so far this thread. Stop slacking!

Time for more fun facts about last thread:

Myggen accounted for 4.04% of all posts last thread. That's at least two posts per page for you 50ppp plebs.

Also, 31 people accounted for half of all posts in the last thread. Surprisingly, I was not one of the 31.

edit://
I could really use a bombcast right now. No pressure or anything. It would just be really helpful.

edit2://
83 people have posted to this thread already!

Rise of the Tomb Raider Extended HD Gameplay has it looking like an Arkham Asylum to Arkham City transition. Excited to play it, I'll say summer time if it is misses a January release.

StoveOven

Banned
Rise of the Tomb Raider Extended HD Gameplay has it looking like an Arkham Asylum to Arkham City transition. Excited to play it, I'll say summer time if it is misses a January release.

I disagree. I think that Rise of the Tomb Raider looks much better than its predecessor

GavinGT

Banned
TeamGFB Radio is a legit podcast, you guys. If you like hearing Lang talk about his jetsetting lifestyle for an hour a week, tune in.

Anjin M

I disagree. I think that Rise of the Tomb Raider looks much better than its predecessor
hahahah damn
At first, I thought StoveOven was confused. Now I realize it was really a sick burn. Nice job, Stove.

New thread!
Welcome! Glad you found your way here.

edit://
I always see it on twitter but have never listened. I probably should.
It's actually pretty good. They mix up topics between games, game dev, questions, and drunken travel stories, which is pretty cool.

Is there a known best quality option?
I'm using the GB player, set to stream HD, and .. it kinda doesn't look great when full screened.

(video in question is Tomb Raider)

Patryn

I'm using the GB player, set to stream HD, and .. it kinda doesn't look great when full screened.

Which version of the player? YouTube? Progressive? Streaming? HTML5?

Everything except YouTube should allow you to select HD.

As long as you're on HD that's as good as it gets, the delivery method shouldn't have an effect on the video quality since it's the same source file.

Lijik

Wow, Patrick just lucked into spin catching the pswitch which he didn't know you could do. This will help him later with the pow block solution.

im watching the archive and i cant believe he lucked into that. i fully expected that to be his achilles heel later on.

jaina

any word on if Brad is going to play or review Starcraft?
He was very interested in the Legacy of the Void trailer during the Blizzcon keynote last weekend. But did not indicate that they have a review copy (does Blizzard even need such things?).

Edit: And yes, the compression on the HD download version of FO4 and RotTR surprised me in a bad way. Maybe my memory is just bad after a weekend of Twitch Source / 1080p60 Youtube Live.

Edit2: I just relistened to the amazing Terran theme after a long time, am I rediscovering my love for Starcraft?

Joeku

Wouldn't asylum be more of a half step to an open world? City was a full blown open world.

Lots of City was still focused on interiors. I don't know how that's fits into open-world vs hub-world vs metroidvania and all that. Knight is the one where it was all seamless (fifteen frames at a time on PC).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom