• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Just catching up on Drew/Alexis extra life stream and Mary's calzone saga is fantastic, especially with her reaction after getting it

valeo

Just catching up on Drew/Alexis extra life stream and Mary's calzone saga is fantastic, especially with her reaction after getting it

Where is this one mate?

Also, anything good in the Gamespot EL stream? Any Danny/Mary segments?

popo

Acti-Blizzard has too much money, running a TV Spot for that crappy looking Warcraft movie already. Also said "Warcraft The Beginning". Not sure if it is an overseas only subtitle but either way, Rorie Redeemed.

I wonder if GBeast will take a look at the new Adventure Time game, it seems kinda neat from the demo.

Maybe, Alex is a fan I believe.

Just look at stump sock's custom title.

6zuKeNN.gif

danm999

Acti-Blizzard has too much money, running a TV Spot for that crappy looking Warcraft movie already. Also said "Warcraft The Beginning". Not sure if it is an overseas only subtitle but either way, Rorie Redeemed.

Wouldn't be a Blizzard story without a redemption or a corruption.

yami4ct

That's because he's not even really a character.

He's just an extension of the player. He's just one step above Gordon Freeman

He's not even really a character in his own fiction. He's just a dude who stole someone else's personality (what little there is) and life.

danm999

That's because he's not even really a character.

He's just an extension of the player. He's just one step above Gordon Freeman

He's not even really a character in his own fiction. He's just a dude who stole someone else's personality (what little there is) and life.

I wonder how much nostalgia is holding that game up in people's minds.

Oh well I guess we'll find out when the remake eventually releases.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
FF7 had great music, a great look, and some fun combat mechanics at the time. It was also one of the most impressive looking things I had played up until that point. Having a giant theme park with playable mini-games just cuz was unheard of to me at that age.

I'm moderately interested in the remake, but if you just look at the cast of characters in FF7 it is fucking bad. Like the cast has such fucking boring personalities. The Turks are cooler than the majority of the main playable roster in FF7.

Since experiencing Lightning in FFXIII, I've come to respect Cloud as a character with personality. He's a pathetic kid with projection and self-esteem issues. There's something there.

Myggen

FF7 had great music, a great look, and some fun combat mechanics at the time. It was also one of the most impressive looking things I had played up until that point. Having a giant theme park with playable mini-games just cuz was unheard of to me at that age.

I'm moderately interested in the remake, but if you just look at the cast of characters in FF7 it is fucking bad. Like the cast has such fucking boring personalities. The Turks are cooler than the majority of the main playable roster in FF7.

I have no interest in the FFVII remaster as a game, but as a story I think it'll be really interesting to follow. IIRC Square has already said they'll do a bunch of changes to the game, so it'll be fascinating to see how the fans react to that and what kind of changes it'll be. I also wonder how deep they'll go with the remaster.

I have no interest in the FFVII remaster as a game, but as a story I think it'll be really interesting to follow. IIRC Square has already said they'll do a bunch of changes to the game, so it'll be interesting to see how the fans react to that and what kind of changes it'll be.

Nomura has already said that they're thinking about making huge changes to the combat so there's potential for people to be real upset.

I have no interest in the FFVII remaster as a game, but as a story I think it'll be really interesting to follow. IIRC Square has already said they'll do a bunch of changes to the game, so it'll be fascinating to see how the fans react to that and what kind of changes it'll be. I also wonder how deep they'll go with the remaster.

There's a less-than-zero chance it'll return, so I'll just say right now that I'll miss the Honeybee Inn questline. What a wild ride.

Zaph

I'll be really impressed if they take the chance and commit to massive changes with the remake. Not just mechanics but characters and story too.

I really enjoyed FF7 as a kid, but as above, so much of that was the novelty factor of everything - the game itself is rough. Go big or go home.

Myggen

I'll be really impressed if they take the chance and commit to massive changes with the remake. Not just mechanics but characters and story too.

I really enjoyed FF7 as a kid, but as above, so much of that was the novelty factor of everything - the game itself is rough. Go big or go home.

I'm not really sure if I have faith in today's SE to make something better than OG FFVII, especially in the story department (and I don't have a very high opinion of FFVII). But it would be cool to see them try.

Gala

Is it thanks to german GEMA youtube bullshit or are parts 3 and 4 of Drew and Alexis Extra Life 2015 missing on youtube?

Myggen

Is it thanks to german GEMA youtube bullshit or are parts 3 and 4 of Drew and Alexis Extra Life 2015 missing on youtube?

They're missing here too. The whole thing will probably go up on the site early next week since the SF and Jason stream went up Friday.

Nomura has already said that they're thinking about making huge changes to the combat so there's potential for people to be real upset.

I kind of feel like there is no possible situation where this game doesn't piss off a bunch of people. if they leave the game the same but pretty it up, people will be pissed. if they redo a lot of it to make it modern, people will be pissed. if the story plays out even the tiniest bit differently, people will be pissed.

but Square are in a position where no matter what they do or how many people they piss off, they will make their money back, so they have no real reason to care.

I kind of can't wait to see which camp is the most angry.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Just look at stump sock's custom title.
Dumb anectode: One of the best US Street Fighter players is called "801 Strider" and apparently the Japanese viewers thought he's gay because 801 sounds like Yaoi if you read it in Japanese, but it's just his area code.

edit:
well

1) LOL

2) without being boring, it's not actually pronounced that way, but yeah in numerical slang writing, it totally can mean that.

3) LOL
Yeah, apparently it's slang. Wikipedia mentions it, too.

Dumb anectode: One of the best US Street Fighter players is called "801 Strider" and apparently the Japanese viewers thought he's gay because 801 sounds like Yaoi if you read it in Japanese, but it's just his area code.

well

1) LOL

2) without being boring, it's not actually pronounced that way, but yeah in numerical slang writing, it totally can mean that.

3) LOL

SomberOwl

Quick question. When people email into the Bombcast or Beastcast how do they format the email?

What do you put in the subject line?

Do you start with your name/location or go straight into the question?

Thanks.

yami4ct

Good. The materia system in FFVII is downright terrible. Everyone becomes a jack of all trades and it makes it feel like you're not developing any characters in your party. Aside from stat differences that end up to be pretty minor and whether or not they have a ranged base attack, everyone plays exactly the same. The base combat is fine, but the skill system needs a massive overhaul.

I don't necessarily think it needs to be action based, either. You can do something like FF XIII's combat and make it feel really active while still being turn based at its core. XIII's combat is really underrated. Kept me playing that game long after I stop giving a shit about what was actually happening. Would've platinumed it too if not for the god awful 'collect all items in the game' trophy.

Quenk

I'm guessing the missing parts were the ones where Drew's number was visible. I'm not sure how easy it would have been for them to cut it out of the YouTube videos

Myggen

Dan never sounds more arrogant and full of shit than when he's talking about original Tomb Raider.

He really doesn't like the game. Not sure how that's being arrogant or full of shit. Saying it controls like shit isn't the most controversial opinion out there.

He really doesn't like the game. Not sure how that's being arrogant or full of shit. Saying it controls like shit isn't the most controversial opinion out there.

OG TR defenders are baffling. game was a chore that most of us dealt with because it had some good ideas and atmosphere, but apart from historical relevance, it's kind of a bad game. Legend is at least basically the same game except not total garbage to play

Myggen

OG TR defenders are baffling. game was a chore that most of us dealt with because it had some good ideas and atmosphere, but apart from historical relevance, it's kind of a bad game. Legend is at least basically the same game except not total garbage to play

Oh yeah, it's one of the first game I remember discussing with friends. I absolutely hated how it played back when it was released. I can't imagine going back to it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom