• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakkesshu

OG TR defenders are baffling. game was a chore that most of us dealt with because it had some good ideas and atmosphere, but apart from historical relevance, it's kind of a bad game. Legend is at least basically the same game except not total garbage to play

The existence of Tomb Raider Anniversary completely invalidates the original game in every possible way, and I loved that game when it came out. It's one of the best game remakes ever, and carries on the game's strong atmosphere and sense of isolation without being... you know, total garbage.

wait, Anniversary is what I meant, you're right. but yeah, I can't imagine wanting to play the original in a world where Anniversary exists.

and yeah, Call of Pripyat event/storms FTW

Dan never sounds more arrogant and full of shit than when he's talking about original Tomb Raider.

It's alright, many people hate the original TR games specifically for the controls which is mostly the same kind of hate that the original RE games get but eh, I loved the old TR and the new TR, can't the same for RE games though. However, both games feel extremely rewarding when you master the rhythm of the controls and if you look closely, the entire game is built around the controls, the only fact is that they don't tell you shit about anything nor do they highlight anything for you around the level so the entire game is filled with dread because anything can kill you. It really felt like you had to discover everything in this game which most equate it to chore and that's fine. I personally got lost in all that atmosphere and mystery.

I replayed the games recently and after getting used to the controls since I haven't played the game for more than a decade, it felt very fucking satisfying. Only problem is that it took forever to beat a level sometimes if you didn't have a guide haha. I love watching speedruns of the game, especially when they are glitchless runs.

All in all it isn't new when people hate the original TR games, most of the complaints stem from the fact that it has tank controls which people just simply don't feel like getting used to and thus deem it as shitty. For a simple example, try playing Resident Evil: Remaster HD on the new controls and see how much it breaks the game because the game, enemies and camera angles were built around the controls.

Nah man.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R radiation storms are the goat.

Oh god radiation storms in STALKER were like the fucking gates of hell just opening up. I don't like horror games cause I can't handle them well. But the amount of post-apocalyptic nuclear terror in Fallout and STALKER are the most I can handle.

yami4ct

You better watch out. Anime mayo has a pretty devoted following.

latest

And they're not even up on the GB site, only the Jason EL is. So I'm guessing something went wrong with the GB archive? I dunno. It's weird.

yami4ct

And they're not even up on the GB site, only the Jason EL is. So I'm guessing something went wrong with the GB archive? I dunno. It's weird.

Drew and Alexis went after Jason and also streamed for much longer. Probably was just taking a long time to process and then the weekend hit. I'd expect it early next week. No clue what is up with the youtube archive, though.

Gonna need a Dan stream soon to help me get through all this homework :(

Edit: oh wait it already started.

You better watch out. Anime mayo has a pretty devoted following.

I was just thinking of Gintama when I was scrolling down the page. I'm glad someone else already caught it lol.

yami4ct

I was just thinking of Gintama when I was scrolling down the page. I'm glad someone else already caught it lol.

I wasn't too happy with the Hijikata mayo pics available. I almost went with the mayo gun, but I wasn't sure if that'd play 100% outside of the Gintama crowd.

yami4ct

Pshaw. There was a good five minutes left.

If they QL it, I wonder how quickly they'll correct themselves on the length of the episode. (~1 hour, not 5.)

Have they ever QLed later episodes of an episodic game? I can't remember it. I wouldn't expect a QL, but maybe a Playdate once Life is Strange is done or it will get a Choose our own Adventure push.

Have they ever QLed later episodes of an episodic game? I can't remember it. I wouldn't expect a QL, but maybe a Playdate once Life is Strange is done or it will get a Choose our own Adventure push.

Starcraft 2.

But traditional episodic games? Can't think of one.

Reasons I subscribe to Giantbomb: When I stumbled upon youtube channels reviewing elevators, I can tell myself at least they aren't about grocery unbaggings.

I'll most likely totally try once and never touch it again.

Its fun for doing stupid shit with friends, but its nothing amazing. Definitely not as fun as the base game, though I've never been a big MGO fan.

Hopefully the superior Peace Walker gets ported to the PC eventually so we can play that online instead.

Even though I'd never touch that garbage PW again, MGS Legacy Collection definitely deserves a PC port

AcridMeat

Banned
Man, I've had some fantastic weird moments in FO4 today.

I found a random few people, one was held up. I talk to them, apparently they're friends but they find out one is a synth, I negotiate and everybody is happy. Then this vertibird in the distance takes off and everyone around me, including companion aggros on it. I have no idea why and I start panicking (vertibird has a chain gunner). While I'm hiding from the fire they manage to bust an engine so I peak out to shoot it down, and the fucking thing comes crashing down at my feet. Luckily only broke both arms and head hahaha.

The other, I was around Quincy where I hear a ton of gunfire. I run around to see what's going on, and immediately get attacked by some military? I don't know it was unclear who they were, they were fighting the Brotherhood and a caravan. Meanwhile I'm trying to keep little Billy the kid ghoul I found in a fridge safe as we find his home. Proceed to have this huge 15 minute fight involving a few named bosses I never had a chance to interact with because they were aggro'd already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom