• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dineren

Banned
Oh my god, that section

Is there actually a Pow Block, or is it somewhere else in the level and he missed it?

Yeah, it's in that section somewhere. Watching this makes me glad I didn't spend too much time attempting this level. Even having watched the stream it's a big pita.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Probably cheated

#believe

even if, that was masterful execution

I remember when dan first disocvered it while making the level, he was making it way harder for himself

He figured out a version of that on on Day-1, when it accidentally caught the P-Block coming out of the Bullet Bill launcher. One he got to the Spinys he knew what to do.

he's a smart kid

Dineren

Banned
What is triggering the p-switch in that section with the launcher? I thought it was the goombas at first, but it seems like it would've been past there by the time it activates.

Image%202015-11-15%20at%2010.29.17%20PM.png

The completionist in me is dying, but I'm skipping to episode 5 because I'm a monster and I wanna know what I missed.

Was catching up with the parts I missed of the Drew and Alexis stream and man.......Mary just don't give a fuck. The way she attacked that calzone, I've seen dogs eat more civil. LOL.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
that was a bad drop point all day long, the safe place was clearly to the left

Dang, shots fired from Patrick. He mentioned that he's streaming tonight and finishing the level once and for all. Dan said he may periscope that which means he may periscope his journey to Taco Bell first.

If you guys liked Bioforge, I highly suggest Game Informer's Super Replay of Cyberia, a similarly stupid game. It's got great stories from Dan and some of the funniest fail states I've seen in any video game all throughout the series.

this is one of the only SRs I haven't watched and now I'm wondering why. this is hilarious.

Anjin M

Fantastic. As much as I've given Patrick shit for not being a particularly entertaining on-screen personality, his back-and-forth with Dan has made for some of the most fun shit I've watched all year.
I have always thought he was strongest when he had someone to react to: Ryan on the ER, Alex on Bombin', and so on.

Scizzy

It's a tough competition, but I think the Dan/Patrick Mario Maker War will be my pick for the hypothetical Giant Bomb Content of the Year Award, even ahead of Contradiction.

Anjin M

It's a tough competition, but I think the Dan/Patrick Mario Maker War will be my pick for the hypothetical Giant Bomb Content of the Year Award, even ahead of Contradiction.

They will probably disqualify it since Patrick doesn't actually work for Giant Bomb. #hirepatrick

GavinGT

Banned
You know, sometimes that shit bothers me as well. Then I take a step back, take a moment, take a deep breath, and let all that pain wash away. I mean, life is way too short to let it get to you.

LOL, I was gonna ask when the Drew/Alexis EL stream was going up. Then I saw it finally starting to be posted on Youtube so I deleted my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom