• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

Did I forget how to email and need to resend it? Wrote way above the "Write above this line to reply"
I think Rorie reads the emails directly. But if they're parsed into a ticketing system, you might be out of line! (Actually unlikely that the software is unable to handle such a common user behavior).

Lijik

Dan really needs to make levels where the execution is the hardest part and not figuring the level itself out. Otherwise, Patrick will just keep throwing shit at the wall and it'll always eventually stick.
Lets be honest, patricks experimentation has been his biggest weakness since the day he managed to walk into every trap in the first giant bomb level. Patrick has consistently arbitrarily decided the exact thing he needs to do isnt important and will fiddle with bizarre solutions that only make sense to him while talking up how hes been trained by Dan into this MO he's always had.

Patricks biggest strength is hes extraordinarily lucky and will stumble into the correct solution by accident. If he didnt accidentally catch the pswitch on the first day i bet we would have spent an extra day or two with the pow block he also discovered by happenstance.

I know I'm a few days late to this stupidity, but man, fuck that Rooster Teeth clip. I tweeted to Meg about it and she a) accused me of targeting her because she's a woman and b) claimed it was all "tongue in cheek" which is ridiculous since the entire point was calling out low review scores.

Meh, whatever. I'm just going to follow Jeff's lead and not give a shit.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I have an odd compulsion to check out the new Tomb Raider even though I hated the fucking terrible reboot. I'm weird sometimes. Anybody give it a try who didn't like the last one? Just getting around to watching the Quick Look.

edit: Ooooh that's where the wolf discussion came from. A wolf would murder the hell out of Dan Ryckert.

Body_Hammer

Neo Member
A minor thing, but could the twitter handles in the op be turned into actual links? As a creepy lurker and non-twitter user it was really useful to just look at the first post and open up everyones twitter feeds.

Hi I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Patrick is planning to start his stream at 10pm EST.

https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/666386797459410945

t1447729200z1.png

A minor thing, but could the twitter handles in the op be turned into actual links? As a creepy lurker and non-twitter user it was really useful to just look at the first post and open up everyones twitter feeds.

Hi I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

welcome to the thread, now which duder would you want most to be your father

popo

Gamespot and GB should merge next year
for extra life
. I think if they did a CBSi 100+ hour stream they could get some serious donations. Just limit it to the US office, the least annoying GS staff and have it a maximum of 50% GS to GB staff ratio on the stream at any one time.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I know I'm a few days late to this stupidity, but man, fuck that Rooster Teeth clip. I tweeted to Meg about it and she a) accused me of targeting her because she's a woman and b) claimed it was all "tongue in cheek" which is ridiculous since the entire point was calling out low review scores.

Unless you used sexist language, it's pretty low of her to hide behind a sexism defense, if you take umbrage with her words specifically. But twitter is a horrible platform for this kind of conversation. Claiming that none of the shit you said is to be taken seriously is also a great defense strategy. Based on the few minutes of that video I saw, and knowing nothing else about her, I'm gonna say she's too dull to understand criticism anyway. Saying anyone who dares to score below a certain line is doing it to be different is such an unbelievably boring, stupid thing to say.

In other news I finally finished fallout 4 after playing it like it's 2 full time jobs for a week, time to catch up on everything else I've missed.

yami4ct

for extra life
. I think if they did a CBSi 100+ hour stream they could get some serious donations. Just limit it to the US office, the least annoying GS staff and have it a maximum of 50% GS to GB staff ratio on the stream at any one time.

It's not too surprising to me that GameSpot's Extra Life struggles. As much as they are trying to transition, they still aren't a personality based site like Giant Bomb. There's little doubt that the attachment viewers feel to the GB crew helps drive the donations.

SomberOwl

Do you have a link to the twitter conversation?

Also just to be a bit of a devils advocate. The Patch podcast from Rooster Teeth can be good sometimes if the right people are on it. Gus, Burnie, and Ashley etc. Though a lot of times the other people come off so ignorant it's infuriating.

Lunar FC

for extra life

Don't see the need here, the two people from Gamespot that people care about (Danny & Mary) made apperances on GB stream.

tchocky

Also just to be a bit of a devils advocate. The Patch podcast from Rooster Teeth can be good sometimes if the right people are on it. Gus, Burnie, and Ashley etc. Though a lot of times the other people come off so ignorant it's infuriating.

If you look at her twitter account you can find what I presume are the tweets a few posts down.

https://twitter.com/megturney/with_replies

Yep -- here you go. Sorry that it's a bit of a mess, I couldn't figure out a way to link it so it was coherent. Basically I sent her the tweets about being unprofessional, she responded, and then I answered with the ones about why I messaged her. I certainly can't see any other way to interpret her first tweet except that it was gender-related, but do correct me if I'm wrong.

SomberOwl

Does anyone know all the categories for the GB GOTY? Or does it change every year what categories they have? I can't seem to find anything on the site.

I can't remember if they have a Best Shooter category. Because this could be one of the more hotly debated categories this year. Curious to see other publications picks for this as well.

Does anyone know all the categories for the GB GOTY? Or does it change every year what categories they have? I can't seem to find anything on the site.

I can't remember if they have a Best Shooter category. Because this could be one of the more hotly debated categories this year. Curious to see other publications picks for this as well.

Changes every year iirc. They play GotY fast and loose.

Scizzy

They usually don't have genre specific categories as best as I can recall.

BanGy.nz

Banned
Yep -- here you go. Sorry that it's a bit of a mess, I couldn't figure out a way to link it so it was coherent. Basically I sent her the tweets about being unprofessional, she responded, and then I answered with the ones about why I messaged her. I certainly can't see any other way to interpret her first tweet except that it was gender-related, but do correct me if I'm wrong.
Just leave it alone.

Changes every year iirc. They play GotY fast and loose.

Hottest Mess
Super Hottest Mess
Super Hottest Mess: Second Strike Edition

should all be categories this year.

And they should rescind Shadow of Mordor's GotY in their 2015's 2014 Game of the Year.

Make it happen, GB. Don't let the 3/5's rule you.

I don't think they do genre categories. They do kind of change it up year to year, but the only two categories that matter are Game of the Year and Hottest Mess of the Year. Last year, Hottest Mess was probably the most competitive and GotY was pretty weak, I'm sure it'll be the other way around this year.

popo

Don't see the need here, the two people from Gamespot that people care about (Danny & Mary) made apperances on GB stream.

GB don't need them but could help them. Any money raised for charity is a job well done but $13k over 72 hours? A lot of wasted potential. I believe a combined stream would raise more than the respective totals combined. Lang knows, he hitched his wagon to team GB and his fund raising potential went through the roof.

tchocky

Anjin M

In other news I finally finished fallout 4 after playing it like it's 2 full time jobs for a week, time to catch up on everything else I've missed.
That game came out six days ago. You didn't have enough time to miss anything. :)

I think the idea would be to make Gamespot look better by contributing to a larger goal.

Giant Bomb usually picks categories based on the games available so that they can have good discussions. And sometimes they pick categories to give an award to a specific game and end up giving it to a different game.
[citation needed]

Hi I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Huh, why didn't I think of this myself? When I get the next thread, I'll make sure that gets in.

justjim89

I know it'd probably seem a little self-congratulatory, but I'd love to see them do their own "Best Giant Bomb Moments of 2015" sort of show or podcast. Like, which QLs, podcasts, and live show moments they enjoyed the most or look back on fondest.

Also, for Best Moment or Sequence: Everyone making fun of you for
cosplaying the Silver Shroud
in Fallout 4. It was really funny how they handled that.

oti

Banned

GB's NO BRAD DOTA CAN NOT BE NUMBER 1 GAME of the Year 2015

Just got around to the Beastcast, they deffinately gave the xbox to the wrong guy..

Nah, I think they got #1 and #2 right. At least #1 did manage to be informative AND funny. #2 was definitely funnier, but it only got half the criteria. Granted, being uninformative was what made it so funny, but I still have to give #1 the nod.

If anyone here is buying Battlefront on PC add me on origin, the hottest social destination for pc gamers. Ricochetguro there as well.

Game does seem a bit simple but that'll be a nice change of pace. Plus it looks fucking insane.

Desu post from the PC screenshot thread

Game looks fucking amazing and sounds great with some headphones. Would pick up but that gameplay was so blah. Did not like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom