• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, the ending of SOMA is so good, just watched it again. Really hope at least one of the duders finishes it.

I've been following an LP of it and while the first few hours of it have been largely uninteresting, its gotten a lot better in terms of narrative and environmental design. The QL didn't really do it any justice since they captured a pretty boring segment of the game.

Man, the ending of SOMA is so good, just watched it again. Really hope at least one of the duders finishes it.

SOMA has the best writing of any horror game out there. I think brad would probably be the only one interested in it seeing how he likes some good old hard science fiction.

Anjin M

oUl1wvz.png

Jeff really is the best.

The wolf seems into getting punched in the head.

Alex "The Wolf" Navarro willingly took a superkick to the head from Dan.

424%20-%20Raw%20animated_macro%20gif%20r-truth%20the_miz%20wwe.gif

Follow the money.

yami4ct

Patrick has this level beat. I honestly am not sure how Dan can beat him at this point without resorting to complete bullshit (IE, you need a random invisible block and give no indication as to where it is) or changing tactics. Maybe it's time to break out the water level or NSMB wall jump.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Patrick has this level beat. I honestly am not sure how Dan can beat him at this point without resorting to complete bullshit (IE, you need a random invisible block and give no indication as to where it is) or changing tactics. Maybe it's time to break out the water level or NSMB wall jump.

Eh, success should be measured on how much of Patrick's time can Dan waste. It's not like the relatively simple platforming mechanics of Mario can allow you to create absolutely insanity like in n+ or dustforce.

Dan really needs to make levels where the execution is the hardest part and not figuring the level itself out. Otherwise, Patrick will just keep throwing shit at the wall and it'll always eventually stick.

I think Dan has already won the 'war'.

justjim89

Guess who accidentally sent the same email to the Bombcast twice in a week and hopes he doesn't get made fun of on the show for it?

He has cost me way too much money. I think I hate him.

I think the second you spend any money on that game it should play the super mario bros game over music as a prompt appears that just says "sucker" that you cannot close for about thirty seconds

EDIT: actually maybe that should be what happens when you download the game

If anyone here is buying Battlefront on PC add me on origin, the hottest social destination for pc gamers. Ricochetguro there as well.

Game does seem a bit simple but that'll be a nice change of pace. Plus it looks fucking insane.
Desu post from the PC screenshot thread

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
has he? patrick beat the ryckoning in time and he seems to have this one's number

obviously dan can create an endless amount of levels, putting the onus on patrick everytime

for my money, scoops is just doing victory laps at this point

Time is money daydream.

Though seeing that he's one of those youtubers now time is also him gaining money.

Which just means this has been a racket by both of them to get that YouTube money.

has he? patrick beat the ryckoning in time and he seems to have this one's number

obviously dan can create an endless amount of levels, putting the onus on patrick everytime

for my money, scoops is just doing victory laps at this point

Dan has already set the win condition at making Patrick say 'I give up'. That's clearly the metric we should be going by. Can't move those goalposts.
Fair enough! I'm mainly thinking from a cumulative toil and anguish taken on Patrick and the amount of joy Dan is having at laughing at him struggle.

Fjolle

Time is money daydream.

Though seeing that he's one of those youtubers now time is also him gaining money.

Which just means this has been a racket by both of them to get that YouTube money.
It's a Nintendo game. He can't monetize it. Nobody wins.

JABEE

Just bought my first premium subscription after having a Giant Bomb account since their beta. What are some of the best premium videos I may have missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom