• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
It's more the principle of it. Why not upload the Alexis/Drew/Ian archive to Unarchived then and take it down when they upload it on the site?

what principle exactly? rudds or vinny would drop us a line if it was truly a problem

as for the drew stream, i think they most likely recorded it locally and will upload it to the site at some point, whereas vinny's stream is still up in the air

Zaph

But why not wait until the final word from Vinny here? Or contact him on Twitter? It will still take away views from the site if they're able to upload it themselves, even if you take it down when they're able to upload it. I realize I'm being a big party pooper, but this feels like jumping the gun a bit. This is uploading site content without knowing if GB is able to upload it, and we'll likely know for sure this week.
I hear what you're saying. FWIW I held out on uploading it all day in case GB published theirs, but I'm hitting the sack soon and thought some people might want to watch it today. I'll check in the morning and take it down if GB has it.

Besides, if they do recover it, it'll be the GOTY special edition with 30 minutes of missing footage. People will have to double dip!

Myggen

We have no reason to think that stream is lost?

My point is that we don't know for sure that the Vinny archive is lost neither, it's probably not going by what YT seems able to do when it comes to recovering archives. My point with the comparison is that if they're able to recover the file it won't be much different from just uploading the Drew/Alexis archive. A hyperbole statement I realize was kinda silly, but there we go.

what principle exactly? rudds or vinny would drop us a line if it was truly a problem

The principle of not uploading site content to another channel until we know for sure it won't be uploaded on the site. It seems logical to not do that instead of doing it and waiting for Vinny/Brad/CBSi to get in contact.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
GVxawuN.png

But it can be found by clicking on the total amount of posts in the normal forum view.

I think that's my first ever wall of shame. Be proud of me, GB Gaf.

Man, five minutes in to both the AssCreed and Tomb Raider QLs and I had to shut them off. Can't do it. Those games are just dull as dishwater to me.

Just to note: they also split scores for Bayonetta. Ryan gave the 360 and PS3 versions different ratings because the PS3 version was supposedly terrible.

edit: nevermind. my memory is off. I guess Jeff once mentioned the difference and I took it as two separate reviews.

Man, five minutes in to both the AssCreed and Tomb Raider QLs and I had to shut them off. Can't do it. Those games are just dull as dishwater to me.

Tomb Raider is the better of the bunch having played a few hours of it, everything feels damn good to do within the game and the most interesting side thing this game has is this challenge mode where you can replay specific parts of the game while allowing you to acquire cards that give you interesting, dumb shit to use like the arrows being a chicken instead taken from the QL for example.

RE_Player

Good on Jeff for giving console and PC separate scores. I have a feeling Brad would be a little too forgiving given his acceptance of Bethesda jank.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Pete Hines from Bethesda indirectly calling Jeff out, claiming that Fallout 4 on the PS4 is fine and that people are basically lying about framerate issues because of "one report."

I mean

there is a quick look, we can see if/when the framerate chugs

danm999

Do we know what platform Danny played it on?

I mean

there is a quick look, we can see if/when the framerate chugs

It seems such a bizarre PR hill to die on because there's just going to be a million videos made over the next few days contradicting him.

LiK

Euro Fishing QL is pretty great. a nice relaxing conversation between Dan, Drew and Danny. i need them to do more QLs together.

This is for Dan, although I'm sure he already knows about it. You can get any order at 1/2 off the regular price. The discount taken off can be up to $10. But you have to use the Taco Bell mobile app and use VISA checkout.

Anjin M

Oh wow, I didn't know that Sony exec matt Kessler wrote something for giantbomb.

I have seven reviews for him from June to September 2011. (Two of those are the Space Marine reviews.) He's the only reviewer on the site with an average review score less than three stars.

RE_Player

Looking forward to Jeff shutting them down in terms of forgiving the mess that is the console versions of Fallout 4. Even owning the PS4 version I can admit it's flawed and in some spots not forgiveable.

the lobby should've turned into "Danny and Mary bullshit around about whatever" a long time ago and it's incredibly disappointing that it still hasn't

and Mary not being a regular on a podcast (and Danny being wasted on F1 and Danswers) is another huge missed opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom