• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

mintyice

Is it just me or has everything EA been putting out lately felt incredibly incomplete? And not just on a bug level

It's almost like the video game business is pretty shitty and making money is hard.

If they can generate less content and still make the same amount of money, they have all the reason to skimp.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's almost like the video game business is pretty shitty and making money is hard.

If they can generate less content and still make the same amount of money, they have all the reason to skimp.

But they're the only ones doing it on such a consistent rate. Even Ubisoft, despite everythign else they got wrong, released an AC this year that felt completely content rich even while phasing out the more pointless stuff.

EA stuff just feels half baked.

largely depends on how much money they want to make on dlc. if you make a game that has all signs of being abandoned by 90% of the userbase in under a month, then I hope your revenue plans don't depend on repeat customers.

but I guess that's what suckering people into buying season passes ahead of time tries to counter.

I got the sense that Battlefront specifically was kept unambitious intentionally content-wise to get it out on time and without the disastrous launch of BF4, though that does not change the fact that they are charging full price and adding a mountain of content post launch for a lot of money.

Myggen

Woohoo, just subscribed. Easily my favourite gaming site on the net.

663139-tehthumb.png

kingocfs

Goddamn I've never heard Ryckert be so salty before. How many times does Scoops need to beat him down before he throws in the white towel?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
holy crap new Valkyria???

also lol at this thread getting bumped. keep on being right, Kuchera/Polygon

You just sent me on a roller coaster ride that derailed completely when I read

but it's not a SRPG, not set in the world of Valkyria Chronicles, not developed by the Valkyria team

edit: Great to see a few new subscribers pop up. I can't imagine being a first time subscriber right now with the amount of back content that is pretty much the best content on the site. I've had premium for a few years and I feel like I'm still not caught up on everything (Jar Time videos and haven't seen most of Breaking Brad, for example)

daydream

Banned
i'll give you half an hour before i do an mspaint thread

real talk: cobbling together the thread on mobile takes a good ten minutes and removing yourself for that while you're having a good time with friends felt kinda dickish last time (though maybe i'm overthinking it, always a possibility)

i guess i could step out for awhile or do it in a toilet stall but i still got some self-respect left, so

Goddamn I've never heard Ryckert be so salty before. How many times does Scoops need to beat him down before he throws in the white towel?

I don't think he will personally since he enjoys making levels more than playing them haha. So, he'll keep on making till Patrick says It's done or over or I quit which is also something not likely to happen because knowing Patrick, he's a persistent motherfucker. He'll have no problem replaying the level 1000000 times just to say I beat it in the end, so it's going to be a very interesting back and forth.

My guess is that the battle will stop once the betting stakes get real high or maybe they'd sign a mutual treaty on ending it on good terms for the both of them. Whatever the case may be, they provided lots of good memories and good times. It's all good.

Nero18

I got the sense that Battlefront specifically was kept unambitious intentionally content-wise to get it out on time and without the disastrous launch of BF4, though that does not change the fact that they are charging full price and adding a mountain of content post launch for a lot of money.

Goes without saying they wanted to be out there before the movie. Still pretty amazing considering they didn't seem to have anything resembling a game at E3 2014.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Cut to Dan Ryckert saying he still texts people that haven't responded in over a decade to try and fuck with them

You just sent me on a roller coaster ride that derailed completely when I read

yeah but it's Media Vision who are just fine, I might not actually mourn the loss of it being a full SRPG if it's done well, but the alternate universe is slightly worrying?

still, might be cool?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
yeah but it's Media Vision who are just fine, I might not actually mourn the loss of it being a full SRPG if it's done well, but the alternate universe is slightly worrying?

still, might be cool?

It could be, but I've got effectively no interest in it now. If it turns out to be good I'll look at it, but it's not something I'm anticipating just because it shares half a title with something I liked.

Nero18

Meh, I can't really begrusge someone who doesn't have three hours a week to kill on something that's really pretty fluffy, especially when you aren't a fan of the personalities.

Diefferent strokes. I'll take all the random bullshit they want to throw at me.

That part is understandable, why he kept listening for years isn't.

People who consume gaming related content solely to learn about games still take games too seriously for their own good, and are the same people who will always bitch and moan over nonsense little things. Games are fun, an content built around games should be fun. It's incredibly hard to watch/read really dry sounding gaming related content when it's obvious the creator did not have fun making it.

Zaph

People who consume gaming related content solely to learn about games still take games too seriously for their own good, and are the same people who will always bitch and moan over nonsense little things. Games are fun, an content built around games should be fun. It's incredibly hard to watch/read really dry sounding gaming related content when it's obvious the creator did not have fun making it.

If people want that pure factual, bland, to-the-point gaming discussion; cool, more power to them. But I'm firmly in the camp that gaming simply isn't there yet as a medium to warrant that serious a commentary. Maybe games industry 'inside baseball' stuff, but not the games themselves.

well also trying to find raw information with minimal personality in a medium that largely exists for people bullshitting with each other is kind of a weird pursuit

I'm sure there's probably a site that will just give you all the press releases you can possibly want

killroy87

Dropsy, Undertale and Read-Only Memories are all gonna get snubbed for Best Original Music and I'm sad about it.

Undertale 100% won't be snubbed, at least not in the nomination front. Both Dan and Austin have gushed about the soundtrack, so I'm sure the staff at large are at least aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom