• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
7d2a303c0c357a6fc65df3c144bf8189.jpg

has brad always used this mousepad

killroy87

I guess.
Their comments were silly, I think we can all agree with that but why does it matter what they said? This is only going fuel fanboy crap, which is completely childish.

If RT are going to be so idiotic as the ones they did while having a prior promotional relationship with the game, they deserve to have it thrown in their faces at least a bit.

Im sure Jeff takes pride in his opinions and reviews. Having his legitimate complaints slandered as him just trying to be different by obviously biased people with a relatively large following would probably annoy him.

Part of me wishes he just ignored it, but i can see why he'd respond to it.

Myggen

There's a new GB survey on the site. I'm gonna win this $100 Amazon gift card!

Edit: I only go to GB to watch video reviews.

justjim89

There were some great matches on that first year of Main Event. They actually treated it like an extra main event tier match for a while.

Brashnir

Tell me a story about how you remember World War II.

It was a sunny day in the south pacific, but you wouldn't even know it with all the flak in the sky blocking out the sun. Planes were streaking through the sky over the destroyer I was stationed on; so many that it was difficult to tell friend from foe. All of a sudden, I was thrown from my perch as we were hit by a torpedo. The aft of the ship lurched skyward, my fellow crewmen spilling past me as I clung to the aiming gear of the 20mm gun I had been manning.

Sorry, I can't type any more, it's getting too real. Also I was born 30 years after WW2.

Every once in a while I'm like "man, I wanna play okami" but I can't think of a good way for me to play okami outside of maybe emulation or something.

my greatest regret is that I rented Okami and played a ton of it but never got to beat it because I had to bring it back to the store.

justjim89

Every once in a while I'm like "man, I wanna play okami" but I can't think of a good way for me to play okami outside of maybe emulation or something.

my greatest regret is that I rented Okami and played a ton of it but never got to beat it because I had to bring it back to the store.

I played Okami Wii (IGN Watermark Edition) up until the part where you fight a boss that feels like an end boss but isn't actually an end boss. Really stylish game, though.

yami4ct

You don't have a PS3? That HP port is amazing. Capcom should really put that on PC as apparently in making the port, they created 4k assets for the game (I'm 90% sure I read that). Man, imagine that game on PC at 4k.

Altairre

I guess.
Their comments were silly, I think we can all agree with that but why does it matter what they said? This is only going fuel fanboy crap, which is completely childish.

It was a throwaway answer on tumblr to a throwaway comment on some RT show. Don't think anybody really gives a shit.

You don't have a PS3? That HP port is amazing. Capcom should really put that on PC as apparently in making the port, they created 4k assets for the game (I'm 90% sure I read that). Man, imagine that game on PC at 4k.

man but then i'd have to hook up my ps3

although I guess that's more enticing than getting the wii or ps2 set up. Maybe I'll download that today.

yami4ct

man but then i'd have to hook up my ps3

although I guess that's more enticing than getting the wii or ps2 set up. Maybe I'll download that today.

The HD version is the way to play. It looks so good. PS2 is a good second choice, but no where near as good as the HD one. Kamiya has no involvement with the Wii version and the addition of the pointer stuff actively takes away from that game IMO, so that one should be avoided unless there is no other option.

yami4ct

Tsk tsk tsk at Jason shaking his head El Shaddai, one of the most unique action games to ever be put out. Needs to come to the PC.

It's an absolutely beautiful game and the mix of 2d sidescrolling and 3d action segments is really interesting. I couldn't help by find the 3d combat to be boring as hell and it held the game back for me.

Tsk tsk tsk at Jason shaking his head El Shaddai, one of the most unique action games to ever be put out. Needs to come to the PC.
I just remembered that I bought that for like $2.50 on Xbox and never played it. Well, I hope it is backward compatible one day. It did have a cool like to it iirc.

AcridMeat

Banned
It's a boring game and the driving physics are super flat. I'll never understand the love it receives considering Burnout 3: Takedown was a better game on every level.
I'm with you that Burnout 3 is a better game, but Paradise was great too.
cheesecake is a pie so that pretty much by default makes it the best pie
Damn right stump. Cheesecake will forever be the greatest dessert for me.
I start to get withdrawal if I don't every 2 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom