• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

8slkkrR.png

Well, we know which group whoever wrote that is in.

GavinGT

Banned
I have a feeling that Dan isn't going to accept any kind of food challenge from Patrick.

Then again, he was prepared to eat Xavier Woods' mayonnaise burger, but I'm guessing that was just to appear tough to a wrestler.

The HD version is the way to play. It looks so good. PS2 is a good second choice, but no where near as good as the HD one. Kamiya has no involvement with the Wii version and the addition of the pointer stuff actively takes away from that game IMO, so that one should be avoided unless there is no other option.

okay I just bought okami HD.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Dan's Battlefront review boils down to, "not enough bars to fill." Back in my day, we played games because they were fun. *yells at cloud*

I have no interest in BF.

I have a feeling that Dan isn't going to accept any kind of food challenge from Patrick.

Then again, he was prepared to eat Xavier Woods' mayonnaise burger, but I'm guessing that was just to appear tough to a wrestler.
I want to read Patrick's 10 page book report about WWE.

Santar

How I wish that the latest mailbag just went straight to a livestream where they tried out all those gameboy and gamegear games they got, would be so awesome!

Like those NES and SNES streams they did about all those games Ryan ought.
I just love it when they just try out a bunch of old stuff.

mintyice

Anyone notice how Patrick left GB to join Kotaku so he could do more 'real journalism' and really hasn't done that much more of it compared to what he did on GB since he's been there?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
See this is Dan's plan all along. Make Patrick dependant on his levels for income, and then stopping it.

The ultimate heel move.

Lelcar

It's an absolutely beautiful game and the mix of 2d sidescrolling and 3d action segments is really interesting. I couldn't help by find the 3d combat to be boring as hell and it held the game back for me.

For me it was actually the platforming that I thought was god awful and made me stop playing that game, and then I thought the rest was just boring. I did really like the concept that it was a game centered around actual Judaism though and it looked cool. Much like Tearaway or Ni No Kuni, it's a game that I wanted to like but turned out way boring or awful to play, in my opinion.

LQX

Anyone notice how Patrick left GB to join Kotaku so he could do more 'real journalism' and really hasn't done that much more of it compared to what he did on GB since he's been there?

At GiantBomb he was the only one really doing that where as Kotaku has other great in-dept writers. GiantBomb actually needed someone like him more than Kotaku so I think he would have been better off staying with them where he would have stood out more.

AcridMeat

Banned
Jeff dissing pumpkin pie and Rush Hour...at least he immediately corrected it with Rumble in the Bronx praise. I watched that again earlier this year, still great.

Myggen

Jeff dissing pumpkin pie and Rush Hour...at least he immediately corrected it with Rumble in the Bronx praise. I watched that again earlier this year, still great.

Pumpkin is so disgusting,which is why Halloween is the worst. Rush Hour is great.

Edit: Amiibo Festival Festival is the perfect name for that stream.

Antiwhippy

Roasted pumpkin is delicious. Dunno about dumping loads of sugar onto it and baking it in a pie though. Sounds disgusting.

jgminto

Pumpkin Soup is the best but I don't know if that would be any good with those weird American Pumpkins. Australian Pumpkins are amazing.

Antiwhippy

Pumpkin Soup is the best but I don't know if that would be any good with those weird American Pumpkins. Australian Pumpkins are amazing.

I think we all have the same pumpkins, it's just that for soup you need to use butternut pumpkins.

I never get the pumpkin as dessert concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom