• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Pumpkin is so disgusting,which is why Halloween is the worst. Rush Hour is great.
I'm not into the whole pumpkin craze by any means. I dislike the majority of pumpkin beers, never have pumpkin butter or whatever. I will maintain pumpkin pie as being phenomenal, but pales in comparison to cheesecake. Pumpkin seeds are actually pretty good too but I rarely have those.

For the record pumpkin haters, pumpkin pie really doesn't taste like pumpkin.

Also yet another person just sending a shitload of random not that old games, great. At least they made up for it with the gamegear/gameboy stuff as well.

I find it hilarious that Dan is grossed out by so many things but when gross/weird chips and or candy shows up, he's first in line.

Case in point: Pumpkin Pudding Kit-Kats. Fucking gross.

I can understand his mustard and mayo hate though

jgminto

I think we all have the same pumpkins, it's just that for soup you need to use butternut pumpkins.

I never get the pumpkin as dessert concept.

I use Kent Pumpkins for soup actually, it's just the pumpkin, a leek, carnation milk, chicken stock and garlic but it's super good.

strafer

p7HVIQW.gif

tread lightly

its like that mother of god gif with the miami vice dude removing his glasses only to have another pair

AcridMeat

Banned
hating mustard is so weird to me because it's practically an entire class of food in itself

mayo does suck though
Agreed. I really dislike yellow mustard, but anything like dijon/spicy mustard is so good. When I was in Portland recently I had honey mustard that was just mustard seeds in honey. That was a bit extreme for me but still pretty good.

Mayo sucks, but Dan should at least try it to confirm. Disliking food endlessly without ever experiencing it is just childish.

yami4ct

Agreed. I really dislike yellow mustard, but anything like dijon/spicy mustard is so good. When I was in Portland recently I had honey mustard in a place that was just mustard seeds in honey. That was a bit extreme for me but still pretty good.

Mayo really sucks, but Dan should at least try it to confirm.

I love Mustards of all varieties. It's a fantastically versatile condiment.

Plain mayo is shit, as mot of us can agree, but it's a base for many other awesome sauces, so it gets half a pass for that. I'm certain Dan has eaten a ton of mayo as base for other dressing/sauces and just has zero clue it's in there.

its like that mother of god gif with the miami vice dude removing his glasses only to have another pair
I think the time he had two tracksuits on was the best Dr. Tracksuit moment.

I also think if the PAX RumbleManiaSlam things continue, Jeff will probably want to evolve things as far as he's concerned to something that lets him cut some freer flowing promos.

(Also, if the bid'ness is still real to you, dammit...uh...ignore the preceeding post.)

AcridMeat

Banned
I love Mustards of all varieties. It's a fantastically versatile condiment.

Plain mayo is shit, as mot of us can agree, but it's a base for many other awesome sauces, so it gets half a pass for that. I'm certain Dan has eaten a ton of mayo as base for other dressing/sauces and just has zero clue it's in there.
Oh yeah, I was speaking to plain mayo. Aiolis are amazing, and guaranteed living in SF Dan has been exposed to/eaten plenty of it. I don't remember the last time I went out to a place that didn't serve an aioli as a side sauce at pubs.

yami4ct

Oh yeah, I was speaking to plain mayo. Aiolis are amazing, and guaranteed living in SF Dan has been exposed to/eaten plenty of it. I don't remember the last time I went out to a place that didn't serve an aioli as a side sauce at pubs.

Aioli is great. There's also Ranch and any other thicker dressing being made of Mayo. It's also used in cooking in lot as a way to smooth things out while still being tasteless. I hate mayo the condiment, but it's amazingly flexible.

Wonder if Cuban has actually played the game before.

Entirely possible. Quite a few connections to League in the NBA. Gordon Hayward who plays for Utah is a big LoL fan, Rick Fox brought his son to the NA finals at Madison Square Garden, and the owners of the Sacramento Kings just bought a team's spot in the League Championship Series.

Myggen

Entirely possible. Quite a few connections to League in the NBA. Gordon Hayward who plays for Utah is a big LoL fan, Rick Fox brought his son to the NA finals at Madison Square Garden, and the owners of the Sacramento Kings just bought a team's spot in the League Championship Series.

Rick Fox is the coolest motherfucker alive, so LoL should use him as their logo from now on.

I hope the owners of Sacramento are better at running a League team than they are running a basketball team.

I'm not into the whole pumpkin craze by any means. I dislike the majority of pumpkin beers, never have pumpkin butter or whatever. I will maintain pumpkin pie as being phenomenal, but pales in comparison to cheesecake. Pumpkin seeds are actually pretty good too but I rarely have those.

Cheesecake is indeed the best. I made a key lime cheesecake this weekend and it was the BEST THING.

Also cheesecake is super easy to make, fyi.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Giant Bomb is fun to visit

Giant Bomb is a leader

Zekes!

I'm surprised there hasn't been a Stars Wars Battlefront quick look.

I know Austin and Vinny took a look at the beta, but I wanted to see more maps and game modes.

Jeez, the GT stuff was just a little joke off the back of that podcast thread. Y'all are pretty uptight for a bunch of folk that like a stupid video game website.

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to send them some tablet. Bad tablet is bad but good tablet is unbeatable.

It's basically the sweetest thing you can imagine, with a couple of kilograms of extra sugar added in for good measure.

In my old workplace, once a month a guy came selling his homemade tablet. We called him Tablet Man.

In retrospect, that's probably an inappropriate name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom