• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Amiibo Festival a party game like Mario Party?

2887246-untitled-1.jpg

Yes.

Jeez, the GT stuff was just a little joke off the back of that podcast thread. Y'all are pretty uptight for a bunch of folk that like a stupid video game website.

No one is offended, people just don't want this thread to be shut down over something so dumb and pointless that mods have already said needs to stop.

yami4ct

I hope we get a regular Animal Crossing game on the NX, I was really looking forward to an HD one on the Wii U.

If the rumor is true and it's a handheld and console platform, at the very least you should be able to play the portable one on your big screen. It's not perfect, but if we assume the handheld part is a decent jump over the 3DS it might not be 1080, but it still could probably look pretty good.

Dineren

Banned
I try to keep an open mind, but amiibo festival looks terrible. I can't believe it's $60 even if they are including two amiibo.

santeesioux

If the rumor is true and it's a handheld and console platform, at the very least you should be able to play the portable one on your big screen. It's not perfect, but if we assume the handheld part is a decent jump over the 3DS it might not be 1080, but it still could probably look pretty good.

Yeah, I really hope that is true, It would be great to have a unified Nintendo system with the ability to play all of their games on a tv in hd.

Wait, are there any minigames in Amiibo Festival?

I think there are some, although it is not a core part of the game. I have been reading some reviews, and it seems many are comparing the game to an interactive storybook - which could be fun if they embrace the stupidity on the stream.

yami4ct

Yeah, I really hope that is true, It would be great to have a unified Nintendo system with the ability to play all of their games on a tv in hd.

It'll be interesting to see what unified platform ends up meaning. At least, it means ports should be really easy. It might end up meaning all NX handheld games work on the console, but not necessarily vice versa. At the very best it means all NX games have lower power versions that run on the handheld system. The fact the console itself seems to use cartridges gives a bit of credence to that one.

AcridMeat

Banned
Rick Fox is the coolest motherfucker alive, so LoL should use him as their logo from now on.

I hope the owners of Sacramento are better at running a League team than they are running a basketball team.
Rick Fox recently asked Hayward post-game about off-season LCS news. He's awesome and been great for pushing e-sports as a positive thing.

As for the Kings team, they brought over a ton of really talented players, and look to be a great team for the next season.
Cheesecake is indeed the best. I made a key lime cheesecake this weekend and it was the BEST THING.

Also cheesecake is super easy to make, fyi.
What? Tell me more! I always assumed it was more involved.
Why in the hell is Dan going beardless for this long? Enough is enough man, get that beard back!
Maybe he's doing an opposite no shave November.

popo

Has Patrick said why he doesn't post on tumblr any more? Unless I am seeing a weird caching error it has been over a month.

Used to be a good way to keep track of his stuff.

Myggen

Has Patrick said why he doesn't post on tumblr any more? Unless I am seeing a weird caching error it has been over a month.

Used to be a good way to keep track of his stuff.

He posted there yesterday that he had been ignoring tumblr for too long and that he's now back!

edit: This Battlefront QL is pretty great. Just Jeff half-remembering some Star Wars lore and them marvelling at how ridiculous the game is.

I don't think I realized just how unhappy people were at this.
Same, it's going to be interesting seeing what Nintendo does with that game.

I hope they actually show some missions or something. It seems like all the video out there so far is just extended clips of people fucking around with god mode on, which is fun and all but it doesn't actually sell me on the game.

The missions will probably be kind of bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom