• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

lLBJwU0.gif

Anth0ny

It's a good holiday for games when the bombcast is this long.

eh, I'm expecting a lot of disappointment from them for some of these games. seems like November in general under delivered.

MGSV is a shoo-in for GOTY, but I expect Jeff to make a strong case for Mario Maker. lol

I think Quick Look EXs are the worst content Giant Bomb produces. Totally antithetical to what makes GB great. Even the best QL EXs are worse than any regular Quick Look.

oh. The quality of the QLEX depends entirely on the quality of the guest. Brad Muir QLEXes are the best.

That's true for the most part, I'm going to miss Brad's guest appearances on the site.

hamchan

The director of JC3, Roland Lesterlin, seemed like a cool guy on the e3 casts so if it's him doing the EX then it should be good.

The Just Cause 3 QL EX will most likely be Roland Lesterlin (the Game Director at Avalanche Studios), as he is based in a NY office. He is a pretty fun guy, wants people to break the game, and was letting people free roam in the game during recent events - even though they were not supposed to. If it is him, he seems like the perfect guy to let Vinny do weird stuff.

Xater

The Just Cause 3 QL EX will most likely be Roland Lesterlin (the Game Director at Avalanche Studios), as he is based in a NY office. He is a pretty fun guy, wants people to break the game, and was letting people free roam in the game during recent events - even though they were not supposed to. If it is him, he seems like the perfect guy to let Vinny do weird stuff.

I just want to see more of the game, so I am good with whatever. The demo I got to play at Gamescom kinda sucked.

Anyone care to elaborate?

real talk: cobbling together the thread on mobile takes a good ten minutes and removing yourself for that while you're having a good time with friends felt kinda dickish last time (though maybe i'm overthinking it, always a possibility)

i guess i could step out for awhile or do it in a toilet stall but i still got some self-respect left, so

Eh, cut daydream some slack IMO.

Still think Just Cause 3 looks kind of lame. Still a complete and total lack of destructibility in the buildings and environments(outside of red pipes) which makes it feel completely artificial.

Not like there will be interesting mission design to make up for that.

Thanks. I'm impressed he kept the streak going for so long. He shouldn't feel the pressure to create the thread and everyone should feel free to pitch in -- even if it's basic and shitty by comparison.

I created a thread once! Out of MS paint!

Yeah, even if you're level in art is like -1, we could definitely pitch in.

JUST LET ME KNOW DAYDREAM. I can provide great(not great) art.

Jintor

Does that time... I think it was Adam Boyes got super drink on whiskey with them doing some pirate game preview count as a qlex?

Strax

Maybe its just me but I think its really strange that Dan's first Fallout 4 playthrough he's using console commands because of the GOTY discussions that will be had.

danm999

Jason is right; Dan might like the entire Inbetweeners show now that I think about it.

Main character shits his pants during his final exam at high school. Another character projectile vomits onto a child's face at one point.

Jothel

There are some crazy battles to be had in Fallout 4. Got in a huge 4-way battle between Raiders, The Forged, Super Mutants and someone sniping at me from a bridge called Captain Bridges. Thankfully he lower armour saved me but that was crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom