• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Gamespot really is a shitty platform that doesn't know what to do with a bunch of talented people, huh?

Anjin M

Just to note: they also split scores for Bayonetta. Ryan gave the 360 and PS3 versions different ratings because the PS3 version was supposedly terrible.

edit: nevermind. my memory is off. I guess Jeff once mentioned the difference and I took it as two separate reviews.

I just looked it up and your memory was right:

Xbox - 4 Stars
PS3 - 3 Stars

For some reason, the PS3 review is also tagged X360, even though the 360 version has a separate review.

edit:// Nice catch, by the way.

Lazy Gertsmann copy pasted the text body in both. But only people who read reviews will notice, so who cares :p

It's not that he copy/pasted with a few new lines but the fact that he separated it and gave each their own score. He could have just said it's better on PC in his 3/5 review and leave it at that but It's great that he made a separate review to let the PC version shine and to let Bethesda know not everyone is willing to give them a free pass.

repeater

It's stuck in the lang zone
We have photographic evidence from the situation in there:
YnflQTE.gif

Curufinwe

If only other reviews editors had the balls and honesty Jeff does. Two of the biggest sites, IGN and Polygon, have clowns in charge.

jaina

It's not that he copy/pasted with a few new lines but the fact that he separated it and gave each their own score. He could have just said it's better on PC in his 3/5 review and leave it at that but It's great that he made a separate review to let the PC version shine and to let Bethesda know not everyone is willing to give them a free pass.
Sorry, I was just joking

well, not give them another pass. GB gave Skyrim 5/5.

Catering to an audience of 200 people, based on their usual viewer numbers.

the archives presumably get much higher views or the show wouldn't exist.

def sim

Good on Jeff. I saw a bit of Fallout on both consoles earlier today and sheeeeesh. Playing ~50 hours of that would be rough.

Myggen

Be fair. Brad gave it a 5/5.

I mean, everyone gave that game "a pass". The way they talked about it it would've been a 5/5 regardless of who reviewed it. They probably should've given a separate score for the PS3 version but if IIRC they didn't have a review copy of that game (Bethesda is smart that way).

danm999

I mean, everyone gave that game "a pass". The way they talked about it it would've been a 5/5 regardless of who reviewed it. They probably should've given a separate score for the PS3 version but if IIRC they didn't have a review copy of that game (Bethesda is smart that way).

Surprising they didn't lead with the PC version this time honestly.

Surprising they didn't lead with the PC version this time honestly.

I'm actually really curious about this. Do game scores matter to publishers as much anymore? If so, wouldn't they be sure to put their best foot forward and send out PC codes? Or are they actually unaware of the issues on console?

danm999

I'm actually really curious about this. Do game scores matter to publishers as much anymore? If so, wouldn't they be sure to put their best foot forward and send out PC codes? Or are they actually unaware of the issues on console?

I'm gonna write the Bombcast a letter with pretty much this question I think.

tchocky

Maybe they know the game will sell regardless and want lower scores so they have to pay out less in bonuses to the devs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom