• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

Metal Gear Solid V is a bad Metal Gear game.

They're further than I am on Metal Gear Scanlon now, so I'm going to stop watching for a bit, but I haven't touched that game in like a month...

I have done my duty:

3mj1X3Q.png

ahahah YES

Meneses

Regarding MGScanlon 5, I just started treating it kinda like another podcast, because I wasn't having much fun with it. I just put the video on the background and listen to their banter, which is still funny most of the time. When they eventually say something like "woah that was pretty cool" i'll look at the video.

The gameplay itself is annoying. Every mission is basically Drew trying to be stealthy while running everywhere and fultoning guys 10 feet away from other soldiers, which always ends up in an alert and having to kill everyone.

It's fine when you're starting out, but not 17 episodes in. Dan's terrible advice (Riot SMG, ugh) doesn't help either.

Herbs

Banned
Regarding MGScanlon 5, I just started treating it kinda like another podcast, because I wasn't having much fun with it. I just put the video on the background and listen to their banter, which is still funny most of the time. When they eventually say something like "woah that was pretty cool" i'll look at the video.

The gameplay itself is annoying. Every mission is basically Drew trying to be stealthy while running everywhere and fultoning guys 10 feet away from other soldiers, which always ends up in an alert and having to kill everyone.

It's fine when you're starting out, but not 17 episodes in. Dan's terrible advice (Riot SMG, ugh) doesn't help either.

it's probably chalked up to the lack of story beats. those were always the best parts. seeing Drew react to the non-sensical overly wrought lore from Kojima was the highlight.

erawsd

it's probably chalked up to the lack of story beats. those were always the best parts. seeing Drew react to the non-sensical overly wrought lore from Kojima was the highlight.

I also really enjoyed Drew's struggles and triumphs over the obtuse ass game design. It was always fun to see him tackle the bosses. MGSV pretty much has nothing going for it.

Herbs

Banned
I also really enjoyed Drew's struggles and triumphs over the obtuse ass game design. It was always fun to see him tackle the bosses. MGSV pretty much has nothing going for it.

yeah, great point. the lack of innovative and interesting boss fights is a sore spot there too.

Santar

I wish somebody would inform the Bombduders that as long as you play MGS V offline everything is exactly as it was when the game launched.
It's when you go online and start building FOB's the online taxes and other crap shows up.
As long as you hit decline on the login screen at the startup or just go offline from the menus everything is entirely as it was at launch.

Lelcar

tumblr_ny10r5SBXJ1r5fjeno1_540.png

Daaaayum.

This decade that we're in right now is going to be fun to look back on. What a strange time for social culture and trends.

Zaph

Ok, I just got to MGScanlon Episode 13 and this sequence is great.

Dan: I have one specific person I'm thinking of, you can ask ye-
Drew: Are you a man?
Drew: Are you alive?
Drew: Evel Kneivel.
Dan: FUCK YOU! What? Really?
Drew: Is that who you were thinking o-
Dan: Yes! What the fuck just happened?

This is great, I hope Dan and Drew create another regular feature once MGSV is complete.

hamchan

This is great, I hope Dan and Drew create another regular feature once MGSV is complete.

Yep. Perhaps one where they have a collection of older games, say PS1-PS2 era and give them each a short play for 10 minutes, covering a whole bunch in one video. They can have Jeff there to impart his knowledge too.

Xater

Yep. Perhaps one where they have a collection of older games, say PS1-PS2 era and give them each a short play for 10 minutes, covering a whole bunch in one video. They can have Jeff there to impart his knowledge too.

That sounds like a great idea. I wonder why they haven't done this yet.

Nero18

Really dont want anymore old games coverage from them. Already enough as it is. Between UPF, Demo Derby and Old Games Show they have enough time to play older games.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Really dont want anymore old games coverage from them. Already enough as it is. Between UPF, Demo Derby and Old Games Show they have enough time to play older games.

But the idea of short demonstrations of ps1 and ps2 games seems like a pretty solid idea.

Zaph

Demo Derby is great, but that's a 3 person feature. Given all the other shit Jeff has to do, I'm not surprised we don't see it more often.

Dan and Drew just playing through entire games together is easy. They can bang them out regularly and can be done without someone in the control room if needed. Don't have to be overly long games either, to avoid ER-like commitments. Hopefully they've got some ideas for 2016.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Demo Derby is great, but that's a 3 person feature. Given all the other shit Jeff has to do, I'm not surprised we don't see it more often.

Dan and Drew just playing through entire games together is easy. They can bang them out regularly and can be done without someone in the control room if needed. Don't have to be overly long games either, to avoid ER-like commitments. Hopefully they've got some ideas for 2016.

Time for jeff to leave giantbomb, become a youtuber/patreon-er and focus on daily old games streaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom