• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dineren

Banned
Jeff's level has a couple exploits that make it pretty easy. I'm curious if Patrick will end up using them.

What is he trying to do right now? I beat that section by grabbing a beetle and going through the door by standing on the p-switch. Is there another way to get past it?

Dineren

Banned
Looks like Patrick chose the exploit path. Unless all of it was misdirection by Jeff and that is the way you are supposed to do it.

Majine

Banned
Cool that Brad seems to think better of Overwatch since a couple of weeks ago, when he seemed down on it and I wondered what he was smoking. It is incredible.

Xater

Cool that Brad seems to think better of Overwatch since a couple of weeks ago, when he seemed down on it and I wondered what he was smoking. It is incredible.

I have played two matches at Gamescom and wasn't immediately into it as well. Now that I have seen more of it I am excited. Also cool that it is now coming to PS4 where I will probably get it.

Quentyn

Yea, it looks great in the Unfinished. I really hope I get flagged for the beta weekend. Can't wait to play it myself.

TraBuch

Banned
I like how Dan gave Twilight Princess a 9.9, a game that he doesn't even consider a top five Zelda game. That's a lot of 10 Zelda games.

I like how Dan gave Twilight Princess a 9.9, a game that he doesn't even consider a top five Zelda game. That's a lot of 10 Zelda games.

Being really literal with review scores can be so folly, though. There are plenty of games/movies/whatever that I would rate really highly at the time but haven't stuck with me years later.

I gave Dan a tip off.

CUL1vKBUAAA0lod.png

Zaph

Being really literal with review scores can be so folly, though. There are plenty of games/movies/whatever that I would rate really highly at the time but haven't stuck with me years later.

Also, he might have had to rate according to an editorial style guide. Like the old Gamespot days.

kiguel182

Okay, I need some advice. I've been wanting to play MGS for the longest time but it's an hassle. I only have a PS4 so the HD collection is out of the question and the first game also isn't available. Besides, playing 4 games (plus the latest) is a big time investment that I don't know if I want to get into.

Given that the story is the main attraction for me, how good would be the Metal Gear Scanlon series a replacement for that? How is the series for someone that hasn't played the games?

mintyice

Okay, I need some advice. I've been wanting to play MGS for the longest time but it's an hassle. I only have a PS4 so the HD collection is out of the question and the first game also isn't available. Besides, playing 4 games (plus the latest) is a big time investment that I don't know if I want to get into.

Given that the story is the main attraction for me, how good would be the Metal Gear Scanlon series a replacement for that? How is the series for someone that hasn't played the games?

Probably the best replacement there is.

Wunder

It's great. As someone who touched MGS4 for about an hour when it came out MGScanlon is seriously a near perfect watch for someone who was interested in MGS but didn't actually want to play through all of it. They go through some/most? of the extraneous stuff so you don't really feel like you're missing out on the 'in-jokes' or easter eggs they include in those games.

kiguel182

Probably the best replacement there is.

It's great. As someone who touched MGS4 for about an hour when it came out MGScanlon is seriously a near perfect watch for someone who was interested in MGS but didn't actually want to play through all of it. They go through some/most? of the extraneous stuff so you don't really feel like you're missing out on the 'in-jokes' or easter eggs they include in those games.

Dammit I'm going to give it a shot then.

It bums me to not play those games first hand since they are such a big part of gaming history but, being realistic, it's not likely I was actually going to do it given I don't have anything to play them on.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I think if you can find a way to play at least MGS1 then you should. It's not really that long of a game. If you can't though, yeah, drew's series is a fine way to watch it.

Kelas

That reminds me that Jason was asking about playing blade runner on the podcast, and they briefly mentioned the rpcg that vinny/dave/drew did with it. If secret best duder jason can manage to get a new playthrough of that on the site, his best duder status will no longer be secret.

Mr. F

Banned
Man, Dan's obstinate stance on being as blue collar as possible, to the point of obsession really, is kind of fascinating really.

He doesn't realise that his anti fashion stance is so strong that it wraps around to being fashion.

You just don't get cool normal guy stuff like normal regular cool guy dude clothes for average non-crazy regular normal dude guysrecularjcoolguydudenormalncoenamoeawflawe-~~

Curufinwe

Man, Dan's obstinate stance on being as blue collar as possible, to the point of obsession really, is kind of fascinating really.

He doesn't realise that his anti fashion stance is so strong that it wraps around to being fashion.

Yeah, I've mentioned that a few times.

I think I've reached the saturation point with Dan, so no more MGScanlon for me.

KingKong

The most bizarre part is the guy obsessed with action movies and 'cool guy action stuff' not understanding why people would want to buy a cool looking car

Nero18

I think if you can find a way to play at least MGS1 then you should. It's not really that long of a game. If you can't though, yeah, drew's series is a fine way to watch it.

Even then, their playthrough of the first game was really cool. Dan was obviously the most informed about that game and even as a fan i learned new shit all the time.

mintyice

Has someone complied a Best Of Dan stories yet? I don't want to watch hour long MGS's to hear a 2 minute long weird Dan story.

kiguel182

My only chance is if they announce PS1 classics for the PS4. I've been waiting for two years for that.

Kelas

Even then, their playthrough of the first game was really cool. Dan was obviously the most informed about that game and even as a fan i learned new shit all the time.

Yeah their playthrough of 1 is my favourite of the series.

My only chance is if they announce PS1 classics for the PS4. I've been waiting for two years for that.

That's a shame. You could potentially emulate it on pc, but there's a bit of work involved in that.

Dineren

Banned
I'm not usually a huge fan of Blizzard's art style, but I really like the look of Overwatch. I couldn't get into TF2 at all, but I think I might give this a shot. Hopefully I can get in the beta to try it out.

kiguel182

PC *wink wink*

Yeah their playthrough of 1 is my favourite of the series.

That's a shame. You could potentially emulate it on pc, but there's a bit of work involved in that.

I searched for ways to do it on the Mac and the emulator that exists doesn't support changing discs so I'm afraid it would give some problems when it's time to change for disc 2.

Loads fine for me.

Took a bit longer than normal but it loaded fine for me just now.

Weird. Everything is loading fine for me except for Giant Bomb which is taking ages and hanging up.

Mech girl is so cool :O

I only cared about Tracer because "THE CAVALRY'S HERE", but then I saw the design for the mech girl and went "Fuuuuck I should play this game now."

She's a Korean ESPORTS girl who pilots a mech. That's pretty good. Even has that ESPORTS sponsorship stuff on her outfit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom