• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Dude, people were REALLY angry they didn't started crying when they showed FF7. Shit was insane. And hilarious
I'm still not convinced these three things people were angry they weren't excited about don't turn out as total shitshows. Atleast two of them have a pretty good potential to be.

Xater

Was going for the lowest quality product to technically be called wine. Wait a minute...
6.24.2013.-buckfasst_web_1801.jpg

Ok you win.

justjim89

Brad mentioned System Shock 2 is one of his favorite games of all time. I would love to see him do a playthrough of it on the site, maybe in January when things slow down.

System Shock Shoe?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Brad mentioned System Shock 2 is one of his favorite games of all time. I would love to see him do a playthrough of it on the site, maybe in January when things slow down.

System Shock Shoe?

System Shoeck?
Not gonna happen though as cool as it would be. Brad is severly unutilized. Need more Brad. #shoemaker2016

I'm still not convinced these three things people were angry they weren't excited about don't turn out as total shitshows. Atleast two of them have a pretty good potential to be.

Shhhhh!
I think we won't see one of those games before 2020.

TraBuch

Banned
I'm genuinely curious how Meg Turney knows Jeff's always on Mixlr. Is that something that's kind of gotten popular outside of the hardcore GB fans?

I'm genuinely curious how Meg Turney knows Jeff's always on Mixlr. Is that something that's kind of gotten popular outside of the hardcore GB fans?

I think it was the mixlr fallout 4 rant that Jeff did that got blown up so much.

It's that or Meg Turney is a huge fan of GB and just really wanted to talk about them. She probably has the hots for Drew.

SomberOwl

Man those comments from the The Patch really have legs. I'm surprised people just haven't forgotten about it by now.

That being said... Just like did they not know Jeff's history in the gaming journalism industry? Was it just ignorance? I mean it's so odd. If I recall correctly Jeff was ON that podcast at E3... So I mean why would those comments be made about him. So strange.

The funniest thing about that RT thread are the people that say Jeff should stop being an old fart and stick to talking about things he actually enjoys.

"Like wrestling"

B6B36dI.gif

popo

I would like to see Dan introduced to Casu marzu and then explain to him about cheese mites. After the Fig reaction I can see him swearing off all non-processed cheese for life.

The funniest thing about that RT thread are the people that say Jeff should stop being an old fart and stick to talking about things he actually enjoys.

"Like wrestling"

Speaking of wrestling, I wish we were getting a pre-Survivor Series Power Bombcast. I'm legitimately convinced that Reigns is not getting the title. I'd actually like to hear their predictions.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
So how's Metal Gear Scandlon 5? I watched them all up to 5 but skipped this series since I was playing MGS 5 myself.

WasabiJoe

Neo Member

"Like wrestling"

B6B36dI.gif

Yeah, I'm actually pretty impressed that the people that "don't like" Jeff seem to have a bit of knowledge about his non-gaming likes. Or rather, love/hates.

Also, there was a GB/Gametrailers controversy?

Fantastapotamus

Someone brought up the original rivalry in that thread aka Gamebomb.ru

What if this is all a lead-up to the most amazing Pax-Rumble ever?

Yeah, I'm actually pretty impressed that the people that "don't like" Jeff seem to have a bit of knowledge about his non-gaming likes.

Also, there was a GB/Gametrailers controversy?

Not really. Gametrailers liked Shenmue 3, GB didn't care. People conjured up some weird, dumb rivalry that never existed.

Patryn

Jeff better show up to UPF tomorrow with a block of cheese and a bottle of Mad Dog.

I guarantee that Jeff is way more annoyed that this blew up into a "thing" than he ever was about the comments.

I get the sense that he really doesn't like playing into these "beefs", especially in public. I doubt he's ever going to officially acknowledge any of it.

Fantastapotamus

Best thing about this....gigantic SCANDAL is that I watched the 2Human video like three times today. It was a good day.

I guarantee that Jeff is way more annoyed that this blew up into a "thing" than he ever was about the comments.

I get the sense that he really doesn't like playing into these "beefs", especially in public. I doubt he's ever going to officially acknowledge any of it.

I was actually surprised he even posted about it on tumblr.

WasabiJoe

Neo Member
Best thing about this....gigantic SCANDAL is that I watched the 2Human video like three times today. It was a good day.

I was actually surprised he even posted about it on tumblr.

Always Be 2Human-ing, BLAT BLAT BLAT

I'm sure Jeff is just pissed it keeps getting thrown in his face. Jeff is two human though, he can get angry sometimes and vent on his tumblr and/or mixlr in the heat of a moment.

killroy87

Yeah. I'm sure they talk about it amongst themselves to a degree, but someone who has lived the other side of internet drama, Jeff is pretty professional about not getting into that stuff.

So how's Metal Gear Scandlon 5? I watched them all up to 5 but skipped this series since I was playing MGS 5 myself.

Its pretty good. Some hilarious Drew and Dan commentary, though watching Dan give Drew some horrible advice is pretty frustrating for people.

So basically like every other Metal Gear Scanlon.

Jeff will never have peace. I imagine he'll get old and go into hiding away from the videogames and the drama. Until one day, a disgruntled gamer with a strong affinity for Yoshi tracks him down to his doorstep. As if Jeff were a Nazi war criminal who escaped the Nuremberg trials, the gamer questions him at gunpoint. Asking him why he gave their favorite game a low score. Why he didn't get excited when they announced a new entry to their favorite franchise. Why he doesn't like Yoshi. And more importantly...why he doesn't like videogames.

yami4ct

FF7:R will be a game that the people demanding a remake for years won't enjoy (because there is literally no way to please them), but it might turn out to be a game I actually can enjoy.

Fantastapotamus

Always Be 2Human-ing, BLAT BLAT BLAT

I'm sure Jeff is just pissed it keeps getting thrown in his face. Jeff is two human though, he can get angry sometimes and vent on his tumblr and/or mixlr in the heat of a moment.

For some reason I image Jeff sitting at home, reading the GAF thread and cackling maniacally "Perrrrrfect. All according to plan" while eating some cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom