• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

7ewUbnT.png

Zaph

So we finally got confirmation that Lost and Damned was the litigious Quick Look.

Now lets figure out what was the blacklisted review...

FF7:R will be a game that the people demanding a remake for years won't enjoy (because there is literally no way to please them), but it might turn out to be a game I actually can enjoy.

The fact that its a remake and not a remaster should give people the heads up that there's gonna be some changes to the game to make it more modern. Aspects of that game besides the graphics really don't hold up well especially.

Anyone know what the iPhone picross game is that Jeff was talking about? He said it was really good and I could go for a really good picross game for my phone.

Edit: Speaking of Overwatch:

[BETA] All accounts have been flagged for the upcoming Beta Test Weekend. Note: This includes both the Americas and Europe gameplay regions.

I'm excited!

No idea what Dan does behind the scenes but Jeff and Vinny have pulled back the curtain on their workloads a couple of times and it's a _lot_ of real/hard work. No reason to think Dan's day is any easier.

Think about all the features that Dan's brought in the year and a half that he's been part of Giant Bomb: Metal Gear Scanlon 1-5, Demo Derby, Danswers, Mario Party Party, the Dan vs Patrick Mario Maker series, and a variety of one-offs like the roller coaster competition with Jeff. As much as he likes to give off this image of being carefree and laid-back, he has to be one of the hardest working guys in video games journalism to accomplish as much as he has done already. Heck, he's even published both fiction and nonfiction books and become a professional wrestling manager. I can understand if somebody is annoyed by his persona, but everybody should respect his work ethic.

The real winner in this whole RT/Jeff thing is Dan. This is making everyone forget he is a 30 year old man with a college degree and didn't know what a Union was...

No matter what Dan does, he always win. Because in the end, he's always having a good laugh after making people around him and on the internet angry.

WasabiJoe

Neo Member
I just assumed it was from that video, but you're right. Hmmmm

Yup from the reddit OP its from this video, E3 2014: John, John, John, and Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) RAW. So the comment in question is probably about Johnny V and the air conditioner? Or Cursing within 5 minutes of the video? Watching this video with a 9 year old is probably not a great idea haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oergC5RSkp4

Tubobutts

I just realized that Jeff has never finished first in any of the Mario Party Parties, but he won both Amiibo Festival Festival and the Fortune street TnT.

What does it mean?

Follow the money

Wish I listened to the Bombcast before putting north of 10 hours into Fallout 4. Jeff's note on saying removing and repurposing gun mods is incredibly helpful, and it is never ever taught in-game or the manual.

they do some good stuff, but all I could think of when Schreier said "we do real reporting" was "occasionally"

Honestly change that occasionally to "rarely" for me *shrug*

its kinda hard to shake their past or even their current state given the clickbait shit they have to do due to being owned by Gawker.

I am not a fan of Kotaku, but I think Jason Schreier does some damn fine work over there.

eh not much of a fan especially after that Dragon's Crown article (luckily for him the creator also stooped to garbage level so it made both sides look petty as fuck about the whole thing) but i think it the current vying for "street cred" is what makes me not give much of a shit 95% of the time.

No matter what Dan does, he always win. Because in the end, he's always having a good laugh after making people around him and on the internet angry.

Yep.

Every goddamn time someone takes the bait.

popo

I liked Jeff's rant about Arkham Horror and other adult board games. It is funnier if you imagine him all up in Norm Chan's face as delivers his tirade, shortly after being invited to one of Norm's famous board game nights.

edit : That reminds me. I had my own "phoenix down/ask katchem" moment a few years ago. I had heard people reference Arkham Horror for years and only when I saw a group playing it did I realise it had nothing to do with Batman.

danm999

No no, they only got them to take it down. Maybe by issuing a cease and desist letter? I don't remember the details, they've talked about it on a Bombcast IIRC.

Wow.

Rockstar seems so weird sometimes in that they have such a weird glass jaw that contradicts how satirical and in your face a lot of their games are. Though I realise the people writing and making the games and those in say, PR and legal are obviously different.

Xater

I liked Jeff's rant about Arkham Horror and other adult board games. It is funnier if you imagine him all up in Norm Chan's face as delivers his tirade, shortly after being invited to one of Norm's famous board game nights.

It was dumb. There are worlds between Candyland and Arkham Horror. It's like video games are either Skylanders or Dwarf Fortress.

Also Arkham Horror is just dumb Ameritrash.

1 year ago?

Hey!
She's awesome and would be a great fit, but its likely she'll be joining her husband on FunHaus

Which is owned by, yup, Rooster Teeth. The guys from FunHaus also do Rooster Teeth's "The Know". They were the guys who claimed Microsoft had acquired the rights to Silent Hills just prior to E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom